EDL Mode is known as ‘Emergency Download Mode’ that can be useful for the locked bootloader on Qualcomm devices. Though it’s an advanced option to flash files on Qualcomm chipset powered devices, some of the users may face issues or errors while skipping the locked bootloader. Due to security reasons, Xiaomi provides a locked bootloader on its devices. So, here in this step-by-step guide, we will share How to Reboot to EDL 9008 Mode on Xiaomi Mi Max 3 [Switch Test Points].
During the use of EDL mode, it may possible that your device stuck into bootloop or can be bricked, then you’ve to use the Test Point method. Therefore, it will be hard enough to unlock the bootloader as the device is bricked or stuck into the bootloop issue. So, let’s take a look at the steps below.
Steps to Reboot to EDL 9008 Mode on Xiaomi Mi Max 3 [Switch Test Points]
As we’ve already mentioned that Xiaomi has removed the EDL method for its devices running the latest MIUI versions. If your device is already bricked or stuck into the bootloop issue, you need to restore or unbrick it by using Test Point. A test point is a location within an electronic circuit board that is used to check circuit status or to inject test signals after assembling the device or during repairing.
- First of all, you need to enter Recovery mode on Mi Max 3 or Fastboot mode.
- Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
- Connect the phone to a PC using a USB cable.
- Go to the installed ADB & Fastboot folder on the PC and open a command prompt to type the below command then press enter:
adb reboot edl
- Install Qualcomm QDL Driver on your PC.
- Now, you have to remove the back panel of the handset.
- Find out the pins to short.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Next, short those two pins via a copper wire.
- It should reboot to EDL 9008 Mode on Mi Max 3.
- You can also download Fastboot to EDL Tools.
- Reboot your phone into Fastboot mode & connect to the PC via cable.
- Next, run the reboot.bat file and press the Enter button on the computer.
- Your phone will boot into EDL mode.
- Additionally, you can use Miracle Box and install Fastboot/Qualcomm to EDL.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful and entered into EDL mode. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.