eFootball is an association football simulation video game developed and published by Konami in September 2021. It’s a free-to-play video game that seems completely rebranded version from the original PES series to the eFootball series. The title is available for PS4, Android, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Windows, and iOS platforms. Though the PC gamers have reviewed this game positively, somehow, several players are experiencing the black screen issue on PC.
According to multiple reports online, the affected players mention that it is just stuck on the black screen whenever they try launching the game. Another major issue is that during the black screen, there is no sound coming out as well. After waiting some time, players have to press the Alt+F4 keys to simply get out of the screen and nothing else. So, this issue or bug is frustrating.
- Fix: eFootball 2022 Black Screen After Startup
- 1. Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
- 2. Run the game as an Administrator
- 3. Check Graphics Driver Update
- 4. Update eFootball 2022
- 5. Check System Resources
- 6. Disable Overlay Applications
- 7. Check Windows Updates
- 8. Lower in-game Graphics Settings
- 9. Update DirectX
- 10. Press ALT+TAB Key Combo
- 11. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
- 12. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
- 13. Verify Game Files and Repair
Fix: eFootball 2022 Black Screen After Startup
The chances are high enough that the eFootball 2022 black screen may appear due to the PC configuration compatibility issue with the game’s system requirements. Meanwhile, having an outdated graphics driver, missing or corrupted game files, outdated game version, issues with DirectX, overlay app issues, higher in-game graphics settings, etc., can cause several issues with the black screen while the game launches.
It’s worth mentioning to check out the game’s system requirements from the mentioned link to ensure there is no compatibility issue appearing on your computer.
1. Disable Full-Screen Optimizations
- Right-click on the Start menu and select the Settings option. This will open the Settings app on your screen.
- In the Settings app, click on the System option.
- Next, click on the Display option.
- Scroll down and select the Advanced Graphics settings option.
- Now, uncheck the Enable Fullscreen Optimization box in the Fullscreen Optimization section.
2. Run the game as an Administrator
Make sure to run the game exe file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues. You should also run the Steam as an administrator on your PC. To do this:
- Right-click on the eFootball 2022 exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
3. Check Graphics Driver Update
Check out the graphics driver update on your PC, whether it’s outdated or not. Sometimes an outdated GPU driver version or corrupted driver can cause several issues. It’ll also help you fix the black screen-related issues with games or applications. To do so:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If an update is available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes.
4. Update eFootball 2022
If, in case, you haven’t updated your eFootball 2022 game for a while, then follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest patch (if available). To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on eFootball 2022 from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes and launch the game again
5. Check System Resources
If the game loads slow or takes too much time in a startup, check out the system resources after launching the eFootball 2022 game on your PC by following the steps below to check whether the RAM or CPU Usage becomes higher or not.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, just restart your computer to change effects immediately.
6. Disable Overlay Applications
According to some affected players, overlay applications can run in the background while gaming, and it basically consumes system resources which will cause issues with the gameplay.
So, disabling them before launching the game will come in handy if you’re not using any dedicated overlay application for chatting, taking screenshots, or recording gameplay sessions.
7. Check Windows Updates
The chances are also high that your Windows OS build becomes outdated for a while. In that scenario, your gameplay performance will impact a lot apart from bugs or stability issues. So, it’s always better to check for Windows updates and install the latest version (if available). To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is an update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
8. Lower in-game Graphics Settings
Try lowering the in-game graphics settings from the game menu to check if that helps. Disable V-Sync, Shadow effects, and Anti-Aliasing, and try running a lower display resolution for the game to fix black screen-related issues.
9. Update DirectX
Sometimes an outdated DirectX version or missing DirectX can cause multiple issues with the game launching or gameplay. You should try following the steps below to update it.
- Head over to this Microsoft link to download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer on your PC.
- Next, install or update the DirectX version manually.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
10. Press ALT+TAB Key Combo
Some affected PC users have mentioned that by pressing the ALT + TAB key shortcut combo, they can switch between the opened programs on the PC. So, keep pressing the ALT + TAB to switch between programs and then go back to the running game again to check whether the problem has been fixed or not. It’ll change the display mode from full-screen to windowed mode and then full-screen mode, which can fix the black screen issue.
11. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
A couple of popular apps have their overlay program that can eventually run in the background and cause issues with the gaming performance or even launching issues. You should turn them off to fix the issue by following the steps below:
Disable Discord Overlay
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select eFootball 2022.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar option.
If, in case, you’re unable to find out the Game Bar option, just search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes and launch the game again.
Also, keep in mind that you should disable some other overlay apps like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, or any other third-party overlay apps that always run in the background.
12. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Make sure to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime on your computer to fix multiple gaming issues or errors completely. To do that:
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard to open up the Start Menu.
- Type Apps & Features and click on it from the search result.
- Now, locate the Microsoft Visual C++ program(s) in the list.
- Select each program and click on Uninstall.
- Visit the official Microsoft website and download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
- Once done, install it on your computer, and restart the system to change the effects.
13. Verify Game Files and Repair
It’s also recommended to verify the game files and repair them automatically using the game client.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on eFootball 2022 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.