In this comprehensive tutorial, we will show you the steps to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Asus Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip devices. In recent years, more users are getting inclined towards voice-over LTE or WiFi. The reason for the same is the plethora of benefits associated with it. For example, you could directly place a call via WiFi even if there is no carrier network signal.
Likewise, you wouldn’t even have to carry out any additional recharges just for the sake of talk time. However, while most devices come with this technology, not everyone keeps it enabled by default. Unfortunately, the latest Asus flagships also fall in this domain. But fret not. Using a simple workaround you could easily enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Asus Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip devices. And this guide shall make you aware of just that. Follow along for the instructions.
How to Enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Asus Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip
- Open the Dialer app and enter the below sequence to temporarily enable the toggles in setting:
- After reboot, your device will now see the VoLTE/VoWiFi functionality.
- Once that is done, go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable and proceed with the below steps to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Asus Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip.
- Then download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Now type in the following command in the CMD window and hit Enter:
setprop persist.dbg.VoLTE_avail_ovr 1 setprop persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1 setprop persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1
- Finally, reboot the device.
Please note that this will enable only the option in settings in case it is hidden. It will not make VoLTE/VoWiFi work, if the phone does not support it.
Asus can´t enable the option if the carrier doesn´t verify/grant Asus permission to do so. Testing this is a very tedious process.
If VoLTE/VoWiFi is not working for you after toggling it on in settings, this means there´s no config file for your carrier yet.
In my case, VoLTE was already supported by default. I could enable VoWiFi with the third prop because asus already has the correct config in the modem. Lucky for me it works and it was only a matter of making the option visible.
It might be enabled by default in the future if the carrier agrees.
That’s it. These were the steps to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on Asus Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip devices. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, let us know in the comments section. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention as well.