EntryProtect is third-party security software that is designed to protect all data entered into web browsers. Whether it is your personal or financial details, it seals confidential information and keeps it safe from malware, spyware, and trojans. Even though it is great software but lately, a lot of users have been reporting about the “EntryProtect has Blocked this Screen Capture” error.
As per studies, it is found out that EntryProtect can create a conflict with legitimate screen capture and screen sharing programs resulting in the said error. It mostly occurs when the user tries to operate the software. However, the issue is resolvable, and here we have some quick solutions for the same. Have a look:
How to fix the “EntryProtect has Blocked this Screen Capture” Error?
FIX 1: Change AOL Desktop Gold settings:
AOL Desktop Gold is a tool that enables the EntryProtect feature by default. It does so to prevent information leaks; however, if required, users can disable the feature manually.
For changing AOL Desktop Gold settings, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, launch AOL Desktop Gold and then navigate to the Edit option on the top-left of the screen.
- Now navigate to General Settings -> Premium Security and here untick the check box before the option Enable Screen Capture Protection.
- Lastly, restart your computer and check whether it has helped or not.
NOTE: Users who aren’t system administrators won’t be able to add a screen capture tool to the whitelist. If the same happens with you, consider connecting with your administrator or SafeNet support so that they allow screen capture in your environment.
FIX 2: Install a less restrictive version of the software:
Another solution that can help you in getting rid of the “EntryProtect has Blocked this Screen Capture” error is by installing the less restrictive version of the SafeNet client software. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
NOTE: This fix is for System administrators only.
Before you begin, you will require an original SafeNet Client Authentication software disc.
- Firstly, uninstall the regular version of SafeNet Client. Make sure you remove all the files and folders associated with it as well.
- Now Insert the disk into your computer and check whether it contains a less restrictive version of the same tool or not. If yes, then install that version and then restart your computer.
- Lastly, launch the screen share or capture program and check whether it has helped or not.
FIX 3: Whitelist / Allow the app through Firewall:
As per some of the suffered users, when they tried to whitelist the app through Firewall, the “EntryProtect has Blocked this Screen Capture” error automatically got resolved for them.
- Firstly, go to the desktop search bar, type firewall, and launch the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Now on the next screen, click on Allow an app through Firewall and then select the Change Settings tab.
- Now under the Allowed apps and features section, scroll the list of programs, locate the screen capture program and tick the checkboxes for both Private and Public sections.
- Lastly, click on OK to save the changes.
FIX 4: Check your Antivirus and Firewall:
Lastly, if none of the above fixes work for you, then try the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the desktop search bar, type firewall, and launch the Firewall and Network Protection.
- Now on the next screen, click on Private Network and then turn off the toggle button under the Windows Defender Firewall option. Also, if you are connected to a public network as well, do the same for it.
- Once the Firewall is disabled, launch the screen capture program and check whether you can capture a screenshot or not. If not, then you will require to disable your antivirus.
- You can do the same either from the taskbar or by launching the malware protection program and turning off real-time protection.
- However, once your task is done, make sure to re-enable the antivirus software for ensured protection.
These were the four quick and easy fixes that will help you in getting rid of the “EntryProtect has Blocked this Screen Capture” error. Apart from them, for Sophos users, we recommend whitelisting the web traffic by creating a web policy and check whether it helps or not.
At the end of this article, we hope that you have got enough helpful and relevant information regarding the “EntryProtect has Blocked this Screen Capture” error. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.