Alienware is the popular gaming machine from Dell. It comes with various unique features. That’s what makes it more desirable for gamers. Alienware PCs come with an inbuilt software Alienware Command Center. This program acts as the base for all the major hardware and other settings for the computer. Each of these gaming PC comes with its own version of the Command Center.
Sometimes, this software doesn’t work as intended. The gamer cannot control various attributes of the PC. These are regarding sounds, CPU clock, button customization, etc. In this guide, I have explained how to troubleshoot when the Alienware command center is not working. The ideal fix is to uninstall and reinstall the software.
Fix Alienware Command Center Not Working Issue
First, start by uninstalling the command center.
- Open Control Panel
- Click on Programs and Features
- search for Alienware Command Center
- select it to highlight
- Click Uninstall
- Wait till the uninstallation finishes.
- Then reboot your Alienware PC
Alternative Process to Uninstall
Here is another method of uninstallation. It will ensure the complete removal of files, folders, and other data relating to the command center.
- Press Windows + R
- type %appdata% and hit enter
- Navigate and delete all the folders that belong to the command center
- Once you finish, close the App Data
- Press Windows + R
- type %programdata% and hit enter
- Locate and delete all folders which belong to the Alienware command center.
- Now, go to the C:\ drive and under Program Files, navigate to the folder Alienware
- Inside that, there will be a folder that mentions Command Center Folder. Delete it.
- Now, open Documents and look for the folders AlienFX and Alienware TactX
- Delete both of the above folders
Deleting from the Registry
- In the Type Here to Search box, type Regedit to open the registry editor
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alienware
- Delete these folders CCPlugins, Command Center, Alienware AlienFX, AlienFXMediaPlugin
- Do not delete any other folder related to the command center
- Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Alienware
- Under that delete the folders Command Center, Alienware AlienFX, AlienFXMediaPlugin
- Finally, close everything and restart your system
Reinstall the Alienware Command Center
For re-installing, you have to download the command center software. As the Alienware gaming PC runs on Windows OS, you can get the software from the Microsoft Store.
- Launch Microsoft Store
- in the Search box type Alienware Command Center
- Once the rests show up click on Get it.
Also, You can alternatively download this software from the Dell official support website.
- Go to dell.com/support/home
- Enter the model name of your Alienware PC
- Then you will see a list of drivers and software show up
- Choose the one that says Alienware Command Center Application.
- Click on Download
- Then extract the setup file and initiate the installation
- Follow the on-screen instruction to install the software
Now, that’s how to uninstall and reinstall the command center application. Do check whether you can customize all the controls on the command center. I hope that this guide fixes the issue for good.
- RTX 3070 vs3080 vs 3090 | Differences, Performance, Price, and Design Explained
- How to Fix NVIDIA Control panel Not Showing in Windows 10
- NVIDIA Driver Not Compatible With Current Windows OS Version: How to Fix