If you’re one of the PC players of The Outer Worlds game then check out this troubleshooting guide in order to quickly fix the Black Screen issue on The Outer Worlds. Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division have made this game so efficiently that it becomes very much popular as one of the action role-playing games in the market. However, it seems that plenty of players are getting affected by the black screen issue which is quite common these days for the PC version of the games.
This is not a new case for PC games and most of the players have experienced these kinds of issues once in their lifetime for sure. So, it’s also expected that several affected players have already fixed the particular issue by following some of the possible workarounds below. However, if you’re new to this black screen issue or can’t understand what to do next then check this article.
How to Fix Black Screen issue on The Outer Worlds
Before heading over to the steps below, make sure that your PC configuration is capable enough to run the game properly. Sometimes an incompatible or older computer hardware becomes unable to hold the game for multiple reasons. An outdated Windows OS build and an outdated graphics card driver can be another reason behind this issue.
1. Switch out your game and switch back in
- When you’re in the gameplay and the black screen issue appears then press the Alt + Tab keys on the keyboard to switch out of the game.
- Again press the Alt + Tab keys to switch back into the game.
If this trick works for you then you don’t need to follow the rest of the methods. However, if it doesn’t work for you, make sure to check out other methods.
2. Switch to Full Screen Window Mode
- When you’re in the gameplay and the black screen issue appears then press the Alt + Enter keys to go to the Windowed mode.
- Next, press the Alt + Enter keys again to go back to the full-screen window mode.
If not fixed yet, follow the next method.
3. Update GPU Drivers
- Press Windows + R keys to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type dxdiag and click on OK to open up the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- In the interface, you’ll see the Display tab.
- Here you’ll see the GPU card model number and manufacturer’s name along with the currently installed driver version.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website according to the driver’s model.
- Once downloaded, install the latest version of the graphics driver on your PC.
- Finally, restart your computer and you’ll be good to go.
4. Reinstall the game
- Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter.
- Right-click on The Outer Worlds game and click on Uninstall.
- Once done, restart your computer.
- Download The Outer Worlds game again from the respective website using your existing account.
- Install the game on your PC and start playing it.
We assume that reinstalling the game should fix the black screen issue on The Outer Worlds game on your PC. You can comment below for further queries.
Must Read: The Outer Worlds Crashing at Startup, Won’t Launch, or Lags with FPS drops