The most common hardware problem users face with smartphones is problems with charging adapter and USB cable. And the most common error in Pixel devices for charger and USB cable is Unplug charger and Liquid in USB port error. In this article, we discussed about how to fix Unplug Charger or Liquid in USB Port error on Google Pixel 4.
Google Pixel 4 series was announced and released last year in the month of October. Google’s offering a lot of new tech with the Pixel 4 series, including things like dual rear cameras, 90Hz displays, and its Soli radar system for the first time.
Why do we get this error?
This is one of the most common problems we face in Pixel devices for the charging adapter and USB cable but interesting thing is that there is no major issue in your Pixel’s charging adapter or USB cable. If your phone’s USB-C port or charging cable heats up too much, or if your phone senses liquid or debris in its USB-C port, you’ll get a message that says either “Unplug charger” or “Liquid or debris in the USB port”.
If your Google Pixel 4 is heating too much then follow this tutorial to fix the Pixel 4 Overheating Issue.
Fix Unplug charger or Liquid in USB port error on Google Pixel 4
Follow the below simple steps to fix Unplug charger or Liquid in USB port error on Google Pixel 4:
Step 1: Unplug the charger
If your phone is charging:
- Unplug the power adapter from the wall.
- Let your phone sit for a few minutes to cool.
- Disconnect the charging cable from your phone.
If you’re using USB-C headphones, remove the headphones from the USB-C port.
Step 2: Check the USB-C port & cable
In the case of the USB port and cable, there can be a few different conditions. If:
- The USB port is dry and getting:
- Unplug Charger error, turn off your phone. Then let it sit for a few minutes to cool before you turn it back on.
- Liquid in USB port error, wait a few minutes until you get the message “Okay to use the USB port.”
- The USB port is damaged: claim warranty(if available) and get it repaired from authorized service center.
- The charging cable is damaged: get a replacement cable from the Google Store.
- The phone is too hot to touch: use a different device to contact the Pixel team.
Additionally, you can also post your specific problem in Google Forum.
These were the basic things to fix Unplug charger or Liquid in USB port error on Google Pixel 4. But after the fix, Google Pixel 4 isn’t behaving as expected then there might any other issue too. Well, in that case, you should check our Google Pixel 4 Troubleshoot Guide.
Do you own a Pixel Device, or any Android device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ Android Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Pixel are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.