The Chinese electronics manufacturer Xiaomi always tries to offer value-for-money products or services to its users across the globe, including smartphones, smart TVs, mobile accessories, other IoT devices, household electronics items, and more. Now, talking about the Xiaomi TV or Smart TV segment, though the company is consistently trying to improve multiple aspects, still there are a few scopes to improve. Meanwhile, some users are experiencing the Xiaomi TV black screen issue quite often.
Well, facing several issues with the Xiaomi Smart TVs including the black screen conflict might be a common problem for most users. Not only it’s frustrating but it also occurs plenty of hassles whatsoever. You may get exhausted whenever you turn on the Xiaomi TV and start experiencing the black screen issue. To be precise, it could be an indication that there is some malfunction with the hardware or software level on your Xiaomi smart TV that needs to be fixed manually.
- Fix: Xiaomi TV Black Screen Issue
Fix: Xiaomi TV Black Screen Issue
It becomes more problematic when the black screen appears but the audio comes from the background. Well, sending your Xiaomi TV to a repair shop also can be time-consuming and bear unnecessary expenses apart from shipping or handling charges. So, it’s better to always check for potential issues or possible workarounds before jumping to any other conclusion. Luckily, here we’ve shared a couple of troubleshooting methods below that should come in handy.
1. Perform a Power Cycle
First of all, you should check whether the Xiaomi TV is having any kind of temporary glitches or not. It’s better to perform a power cycle method on Xiaomi TV by following the steps below to refresh the system.
- Turn Off your Xiaomi TV and unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Now, you’ll need to wait for a couple of seconds.
- Then connect the power cable again to the TV.
- Press and hold the Power button for 30 seconds to Turn it On.
2. Remove Batteries from the Remote
Another thing you can do is simply remove the batteries from the remote control by following the steps below and then try reinserting the batteries to check for the issue again.
- Grab your remote control and remove the batteries from the backside.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the remote for 30 seconds.
- Then put back the batteries into the remote control and power on the TV to check for the issue.
3. Try Replacing Batteries from Remote Control
If removing and reinserting the batteries didn’t come in handy then make sure to replace the batteries from the remote control and try checking the issue. If the batteries run out of juice then it won’t work properly and may result in the Xiaomi TV Black Screen issue.
4. Check for Software Updates
The chances are high that your Xiaomi TV starts behaving weirdly due to the unstable software version or an outdated system software build. It’s always suggested to check for available software updates on your Xiaomi TV and then install the pending updates accordingly. To do that:
- On the homepage of your smart TV, click on More settings.
- Now, a new window will appear > Select the About option.
- Choose System update > Press the OK/Enter button.
- Once, your smart TV will be updated > Now, it’s time to update the ‘PatchWall’ UI.
- If there is an update for PatchWall then go to the PatchWall TV.
- Next, your Mi TV will ask you to download it.
- Click on the Update option > Your smart TV will start downloading the updates.
5. Try Removing and Reinserting the HDMI Cable
You should try removing and reinserting the HDMI cable on the Xiaomi TV to ensure there is no connectivity issue with the cable. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Go to the backside of your Xiaomi TV > Locate the HDMI port where the HDMI cable is inserted.
- Gently disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect it again.
- In some cases, your HDMI cable might not get connected properly which can trouble you a lot.
- If you’ve connected the HDMI cable to the streaming device or set-top box then directly connect to the TV and check for the issue.
6. Check for Loose Connectivity with Input Devices
Sometimes you should check for the loose connectivity issue with your Xiaomi TV or input devices because a loose connection to the TV with HDMI cable might occur such problems.
7. Check for Physically Damaged Cables
You can try checking for the physically damaged cables at your TV because the chances are high that somehow the HDMI cable might get damaged or ripped off unexpectedly. In that scenario, the display connection might not work properly. If the HDMI cable is physically damaged, try replacing it with a new one.
8. Contact Xiaomi Support
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to contact Xiaomi Support for further assistance. It’ll not only help you in getting a better or faster resolution but also streamline the possible repair processes (if under warranty). Otherwise, you can simply contact the nearest Xiaomi service centre to get dedicated support.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was useful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.