Garmin watch is used for a variety of fitness purposes and mobile connectivity needs. In recent years, many users are facing GPS connectivity issues with the Garmin watch. As a result of GPS issues, many apps and connected features such as distance calculator, footsteps checker, etc are not working perfectly. Having GPS issues on your Garmin smartwatch is not great if you use your watch primarily for activities such as hiking or traveling. So here is how you can fix the connectivity issues with your Garmin smartwatch.
Smartwatches and fitness bands are now a necessity for us. It helps to track health-related records like heart rate monitor, oxygen level and sleep tracking, etc. Moreover, it has measurements for all exercise records for fitness freaks indoor and outdoor. For the last few years, the smartwatch and band are making a place in the market. All the leading brands are introducing their smartwatch and band with some unique features. Garmin, an American technology company, is also a leading smartwatch manufacturer that produces famous and premium watches.
These daily wears are very useful but also have a lot of bugs. Some are technical, and some physical. The physical issues can rectify by changing the specific parts like straps or screens and the technical or software problems that make us confused about how we can fix these issues. One of the significant issue reported for the Garmin watches are the Watch has connectivity issue for GPS. Let’s know how you can fix the problem by yourself.
How to Fix Garmin Watch GPS Connectivity Issue
GPS stands for Global Positioning system that lets you find any location or the direction of the location in your smart devices. The Garmin smart watch also uses GPS to locate and track the location for exercise and other activities. The Watch sends a signal to the satellite to track your location data. Still, now as per many users’ reports on the Garmin’s community, the Watch cannot collect their location data and shows connecting on the screen. Here is the fix of the GPS issue in Garmin watches.
To begin with, please make sure that you are not having the below points that affect the GPS to connect with your Gramin Watch.
- You are not in dense woody are that may have connectivity issues.
- If you are living near tall buildings, that may also have the counting issue.
- Although, if you are travelling for a long distance without any signal or network, that may also be one reason behind the GPS Problem.
If you don’t have any above types of factors that may impact your device, follow the below method to fix the GPS problem on your Watch.
Fix 1: Check and Update CPE and sync the Watch
CPE stands for Connected Predictive Ephemeris that stands to locate the satellite’s current position, which reduces the GPS acquisition time. Here are the steps to check and update the CPE in the Watch.
- Hold down the Up and scroll down to the About Option in the menu.
- After click on the about option, go to the CPE.
- Check the status for current or expired.
- If expired, update the CPE from the computer or Laptop as it won’t update through Watch.
- After connected the Watch through USB, open the Graham APP.
- Then click on Sync to update the Watch.
Fix 2: Update software version
Garmin watches update automatically once it is connected through the smartphone, but sometimes, due to technical issues, it’s failure to update we have to update the Watch manually. Here are the steps to update the Watch.
- Go to the system menu by long-press the Top button of the Watch.
- Then select the System option by the start/Stop button.
- Now scroll down below to the software update option.
- After that toggle, it On or OFF by select button.
After the above process, your Watch will automatically update if any updates are available to install. Also, The Garmin connect app will download the available update in the background and install it. Moreover, If you off the automatic software option, you have to follow the above methods and check if any updates are available for your Watch.
Fix 3: Check GPS Positioning
- Go to the System option.
- Then tap on Sensors.
- After that, go to the GPS option.
- Toggle on/off by the select button.
It will rectify the GPS positioning issue on your Watch.
Fix 4: Reset The Garmin Watch
Make sure to turn it off by press and hold the Light button on the Garmin watch to reset the device further and then follow the steps.
- Now, after the Watch is turned off, press and hold the back button.
- While holding the back button, now power on your Watch.
- It will show a Clear user data message on the watch screen then release the back button.
- Then select the Yes option to reset the Watch.
- After that, the Garmin watch will start and set up again to use the Watch.
Check whether the GPS connectivity is rectified or not.
These are some fixes that solve the GPS connectivity issue of the Garmin Smartwatch. We hope now you can fix the problem. If you have any questions or feedback for the fixes, comment down below.