Copying a file in Google Drive can be causing trouble for you specifically due to the issues in your browser. It usually occurs due to corruption in the cache, or browser conflicts. Also, the add-ons and extensions of your browser may lead to Google Drive error in the creation of the copy. Typically, when we begin copying a file in Google Drive, there appears a pop pointing towards the progress of the procedure.
But, the process does not actually reach completion. However, a pop again appears displaying the warning “Error creating file”. But, nothing to worry about when we are there to assist you with all your technical glitches. All you need to ensure that the upload limit of 750 GB per day is still remaining there. Check if you do not have exceeded the limit before opting for troubleshooting methods. Here are a few methods that can be assistive for you.
Use Incognito or InPrivate form in the browser
The latest browsers come up with InPrivate/Incognito mode built-in facilities. This mode allows users to access browsers without using current configuration/ data or cookies. If you really want to rectify the issues persisting in your browser, then nothing can be more beneficial to you than using Incognito mode of browser to access Google Drive. Here are the steps that you can follow for the same.
- Go to the In-Private or Incognito mode of your browser.
- Then, access Google Drive here and check if your data copying error still persists or not.
In case the error is still appearing, you can try the next method
Delete browser data
In order to improve your experience, your browser makes the use of the cache to enhance the features. But, when there is any corruption in cache and cookies, then you can invite numerous problems in the process of creation of copies of any file. In such a case, you need to delete the browsing data to solve the issue. The instructions for the Google Chrome browser are as follows.
- Open Google Chrome and tap on the Action Menu appearing in the form of 3 vertical bars in the top right corner.
- Now, hover over the option of “More Tools” and there, you will find the subheading saying “Clear Browsing Data“.
- Go to the Advanced option and choose “All-time” as the time range and click all the categories to clear or select only those which are of no use to you.
- Then tap on the Clear Data option.
- Now, you can reopen your browser by closing it once.
Then, you can see if the problem still appears or not.
Remove browser add-ons
Most of the users use add-ons to enhance the performance of their browser. But, interference of these extensions generally leads to a lot of issues including the current error in Google Drive. In such a situation, removing the extensions can be the best method to opt. To do so, you can scroll down to see the steps essential for the procedure.
- Open the Google Chrome browser and tap on the Action menu.
- Then tap on More Tools option where you need to go to the Extensions tab from sub-menu.
- From the list of extensions, you need to disable each extension by moving the respective switch of an extension to disable.
- When all the extensions will disable, you can restart the browser and access Google Drive here.
If nothing works for your good, then you can try using a different browser than Google Chrome. With this, you can access Google Drive on a fresh browser without any corruption in that. Also, you can use Google Backup utility to rectify the issue. Another alternative is to use Sync or File Stream function to solve the problem.
You also need to ensure that your computer has a strong and reliable network connection as weak network signal strength is major trouble causing factor. With all this, you can try changing the router to get a better network to stop seeing errors. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.