Randomly Restarting can be a huge nuisance and is obviously problematic in terms of reliability. This problem is almost always due to a bug or corruption in your kernel, which ironically, is located in your boot image. If your Google Pixel 4 XL is behaving like this then you need to follow the below-detailed guide where we have shown a few methods to fix Google Pixel 4 XL Randomly Restarting again and again issue.
If you have modified your stock configuration in any way, your best option is to revert back to a full stock configuration and start over on your customizations, taking special care to watch for random rebooting. If you have never modified your device in any way, random rebooting can most easily be corrected by performing a factory data reset.
Fix Google Pixel 4 XL Random Restarting again and again
These type of issues mostly pops up because of software issues. Follow the troubleshooting steps listed below to get rid of the 4 XL Random Restarting again and again issue:
1. Reboot the Phone
Well, I think you already know how to restart your phone. So just restart the device and see whether it solves the issue or not. Restarting a device is always an ultimate solution for any issue. Not only Pixel but this applies to each and every electronic device. I used to tell my mom to restart her device if she faces any issue with her smartphone.
Well if you still need to know how to restart then, here is it: Press your phone’s power button. On the screen, tap Restart.
2. Reboot the phone in Safe Mode
Follow the below step to turn Safe Mode on:
- Press and hold your device’s Power button.
- On your screen, touch and hold Power off. Tap OK.
- After you see “Safe mode” at the bottom of your screen.
Check if the issue occurs in this mode. If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
3. Clear Cache from Recovery Mode
In case you don’t know what is recovery, the first thing the bootloader rings up is the recovery. Recovery Mode refers to a special bootable partition, which contains a recovery application installed in it. And you can fix some problems with your phone. Follow the steps to clear cache from recovery mode:
- Turn off your phone.
- Once it is turned off. Press and hold the power and volume down button simultaneously until the Google logo pops up.
- Release the Power button but keep holding down the Volume Down button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- Press the power button to boot into recovery mode.
- Use the Volume button to go to Wipe Cache Partition then press the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Press the Volume Down button to go to Wipe all user data option then press the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Wait until your device wipes out all cache or temporary data from the system partition.
- Then press the Volume Down button to go to the Reboot system now option.
- Press the Power button to confirm the selection.
4. Factory Reset the Phone
Follow the below steps to factory reset Google Pixel 4:
- Open Settings app from pixel launcher.
- Scroll down and tap on the System option.
- Tap on Advanced option.
- Tap on Reset option.
- Tap Erase all data (factory reset)
- And then select Erase Everything.
Additionally, you can also post your specific problem in Google Forum.
If everything goes well and all according to the above-mentioned steps you will eventually be able to fix the Google Pixel 4 XL Randomly Restarting, again and again, issue and most probably you will never this issue too.
Do you own a Pixel Device, or any Android device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ Android Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Pixel are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- Pixel 4 XL Blackscreen Problem: How to Fix Screen of Death?
- Pixel 4 XL Charging issue: Not Charging, Charging Slowly or Warm While Charging
- Google Pixel 4 XL not connecting to Bluetooth Accessories: How to Fix?
- My Google Pixel 4 XL stuck on the boot logo: How to Fix Boot loop Problem
- Google Pixel 4 XL Messaging App Crash and Freezes: How to Fix?
- Fix Google Pixel 4 XL WiFi Problem: Can’t Connect, No Internet, Disconnecting
- Pixel 4 XL Mobile Data not working: How to fix if the internet has a bug?