CapCut comes with some cool options to blur your video if you don’t want your audience to glance at some particular element in your videos. And this feature comes in handy as it allows you to shoot anywhere and later blur the things you don’t want to show to your viewers.
Since the popularity of short videos such as reels and story videos has overwhelmingly increased, the need for efficient video editors has also hyped up. Features like crop, zoom, and blur are the most prominent features any viral video needs. CapCut, a mobile video application, has recently caught the attention of the mass. The application comes with a very intuitive interface and loads of options that allow you to edit your videos the way you want.
One of its highlighted features is noted to be its blurring feature. CapCut has a built-in feature to adjust and blue any part of your video. It certainly helps to give your videos an amazing viral look and feel. Plus, you can hide any revealing or sensitive section in your video based on your audience criteria. So, if you are here to learn about how to do that, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to blur on CapCut.
A Step By Step Guide to Blur On CapCut
Talking about blurring a video, there might be different requirements as an editor. Sometimes you might want to blur the entire video, or you may want to blur your video background to make it look more appealing to the eyes, or even blur a specific object too. Well, whatever it is, here I have mentioned the steps for all the above cases to make things extremely simple for you.
How To Blur An Entire Video Using CapCut
To blur the entire video on CapCut, you can follow these steps mentioned below:
Start by launching the CapCut application on your device.
Now click on the new project and select the video you want to edit.
Click on Effects.
Go to the Basic tab.
Find the Blur video effect and select it.
Click on the checkmark at the top of the Effects window to apply the effect.
Finally, adjust the duration of the blur effect.
By doing so, you will be able to blur the entire video for any time duration as per your choice. Simply export the video to your gallery, and that’s it.
How To Blur The Video Background Using CapCut
Blurring the video background on CapCut includes a couple of steps that are easy to perform if you follow the given instructions:
Launch the CapCut application.
Click on New Project and select the video whose background you want to blur.
Next, go to the format option from the bottom menu.
Choose the size of the video format you want.
Now tap on the back button to return to the normal menu.
Click on the Canvas option right beside the Format option.
Select the Blur option.
Choose the level of your video background blur from the available ones.
Click the checkmark to apply the background blur.
Once you are done with the above steps, save the video to your device.
How To Blur A Certain Part of The Video Using CapCut
Unlike blurring an entire video or just the background, blurring only a certain part needs some work to be done. Here is how you can do it:
- Launch CapCut on your device and select the video you want to edit.
- Now, go to the Overlay option and click on Add Overlay.
- Select the same video as the main video.
- Click on the Add button to apply the video overlay.
- Resize the overlay video to the same size as the main video.
- Next, tap the back button to return to the main menu.
- Go to the effects option and click on the Basic tab.
- Select the Blur video effect from the list of effects.
- Adjust the duration of the Blur effect.
- Now, click on the Object option from the Blur effect menu at the bottom.
- Apply the blur effect from the main video to the overlay video and click on the checkmark to save changes.
- Tap on the back button and return to the main menu.
- Click on the Overlay option again and tap on the overlay video timeline.
- Select the Mask option from the Overlay menu.
- Choose the mask shape to blur a certain object in the video.
- Adjust the blur position and shape to cover the specified object.
You can also adjust the blur level using the double down-arrow button at the bottom of the blur effect.
Blur on a moving element in the video
If your object is moving throughout the video, you will have to add a few more steps to make the blur effect position according to the object’s movement.
- At the beginning of the video, from where you have applied the blur effect, add a keyframe with the diamond-shaped button.
- Drag the video timeline till your object moves to the next position.
- Apply the keyframe again.
- Click on the Mask option and place the blur effect to the next position as your object.
- Repeat this process till the end of your video.
- Once you are done, you can play the video to check for any adjustments.
- Lastly, download the video to your device and enjoy watching your edited video.
If your object is a moving object in the video, it might take a few attempts before you can mask the blur effect over the object perfectly. Therefore, you could play the video to check for further adjustments and add the blur mask accordingly.
Make sure you are more specific with the mask shape to not cover the other notable elements in the video. If you are not sure about the shape, you can try a few shapes to find the one that satisfies your requirements.
Isn’t that quite easy? CapCut offers a pretty straightforward interface with all the highlighted features right in the bottom menu. Hence, it won’t take much effort, even if you use it for the first time. However, if you want to start with blurring a certain area in your video, you might have to follow a few more steps than the rest. But if you follow the steps mentioned above in this article, things must come in handy in no time. After reading this article, I hope you will be able to blur any of your videos quite effortlessly.