After the huge success of Genshin Impact, it looks like that miHoYo has released its latest 3D free-to-play RPG called ‘Honkai: Star Rail’ as a fourth edition in the Honkai series. This game uses brand-new characters, better visuals, optimized gameplay experiences, and more for PlayStation, Windows, Android, and iOS devices. However, this latest title also going through some issues or bugs that we can’t deny at all. Recently, several players are facing the Honkai Star Rail Login Error Occurred Error Code 1001_2 during startup.
Well, if you’re also encountering the same kind of error at your end then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it. As per several reports, so many unfortunate players are having the login error code 1001_2 while trying to launch the Honkai Star Rail game on the Windows PC. This error typically occurs whenever there is server downtime or conflicts with the internet connection. Additionally, conflicts with the outdated game version, corrupted game files, issues with the adblocker service, and more.
- How to Fix Honkai Star Rail Login Error Occurred Error Code 1001_2
How to Fix Honkai Star Rail Login Error Occurred Error Code 1001_2
Although this specific error can appear on almost every gaming platform like PS4/PS5, Android, and iOS apart from the Windows platform, the number of affected PC users are higher than expected. As we’ve already mentioned the possible reasons behind such an error, you should follow the workarounds below to resolve such an error. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the PC
You should try restarting the PC to refresh the potential glitch or cache data issue that should come in handy. Sometimes temporary system glitches can be easily removed by simply restarting the computer.
2. Run the Game as an administrator
The second thing you can do is run the game as an administrator on your PC to allow the User Account Control (UAC) access to the system. In some cases, your system requires the UAC access permission to run a program which is quite important. By following the steps below you’ll have to allow the admin access for once and it won’t ask you for the same again. To do so:
- Go to the installed Honkai Star Rail game directory.
- Right-click on the application file on your PC.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Finally, just double-click on the game app file to launch it.
If in case, you’re running the game via the Epic Games Launcher then perform the same steps too.
3. Check for the Game Updates
If you’re still running the outdated Honkai Star Rail game on your gaming device then it may cause compatibility issues or server connectivity errors. To simply update the app:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Settings.
- Scroll down to the Manage Games section.
- Select Allow Auto-Updates.
- Now, expand the menu for the Honkai Star Rail game.
- Enable the Auto-update box.
- Exit the launcher and relaunch the game to check for the issue.
4. Repair the Game Files
Another thing you should also try is verifying and repairing the installed game files on the respective gaming device to ensure there is no issue with the missing or corrupted game files. Just follow the steps below to perform the task.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Honkai Star Rail in the library.
- Click on the three dots icon next to the game.
- Select the Manage option.
- Now, click on the Verify option.
- Confirm the task and wait for it to complete.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
5. Disable Ad Blocking Software
Make sure to disable all ad-blocking software on your PC like AdGuard or anything else. One of the affected players has mentioned that after disabling the ad-blocking software from the system, the error has been fixed. These ad-blocking DNS basically prevents unauthorized applications or files. But sometimes ad-blocking software might also conflict with valid applications or mostly game files. So, you should try it out.
6. Turn Off the VPN
If in case, you’re still encountering the same error then make sure to avoid using the VPN service on your networking device or the gaming device. Though the VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows you to connect to the game servers depending on the region, sometimes the VPN connection might trigger several issues with the game server connectivity.
7. Change the DNS Server
You can try changing the DNS server to Google DNS which is a public DNS address to easily fix multiple connectivity errors. the server connectivity errors. Sometimes your private DNS server from the ISP might get blocked or doesn’t run well with game servers across the globe. So, you can follow the steps below to use the Google DNS server address for better reachability and faster connectivity speeds. Some players have found this guide helpful to fix the issue.
Please Note: You should write down your existing DNS server address from the screen as a backup. If anything goes wrong, you can change it to the previous DNS address and save the changes.
- Open the Start menu > Go to Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet > Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings > Right-click on the active network connection.
- Click on Properties > Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCIP/IPv4) in the list.
- Click on Properties > Select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Enter 22.214.171.124 for the Preferred DNS Server addresses.
- Next, enter 126.96.36.199 for the Alternate DNS Server addresses.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes, and restart the PC.
8. Reset Network Settings
You should also try resetting the network settings manually by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the networking glitch or connectivity whatsoever. Network reset removes any network adapters you have installed and the settings for them. After your PC restarts, any network adapters are reinstalled, and the settings for them are set to the defaults.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Network & Internet > Click on Advanced network settings.
- Select Network Reset and follow the on-screen instructions to complete it.
- Then make sure to reboot the PC and connect to the network again.
- If you’re using Wi-Fi then you’ll have to connect to Wi-Fi again by entering the Wi-Fi password.
9. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
If none of the methods worked for you, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Honkai Star Rail game on your PC to ensure there is no issue with the game installation directory. Some affected players did find this method useful. So, you should try it out.
- Open the Start menu and open the Control Panel after searching it.
- Click on Uninstall a Program > Right-click to select Honkai Star Rail.
- Now, select Uninstall, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete it.
- Once done, simply restart the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, run the launch Epic Games Launcher, and reinstall the game again using the same account.
- You’re good to go. Enjoy!
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.