Honkai: Star Rail is an all-new HoYoverse space fantasy 3D RPG that allows players to get into an immersive Astral Express and experience the Galaxy’s infinite wonders on the adventurous journey. It’s available for Windows, Android, PlayStation 4/5, and iOS devices right now. Well, due to the fact that Honkai Star Rail is a newly released title, users might encounter a couple of issues or bugs that we can’t deny. Meanwhile, some users might experience the Honkai Star Rail Black Screen issue on the PC.
Now, if you’re also facing the same kind of issue then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. Most players are encountering the game starting or even in-game issues while connecting to the servers, downloading the patch updates, signing into the game account, and more. Whereas the in-game FPS drops, black screen issue, other graphical glitches, etc might also trouble you a lot at any time. Luckily, here we’ve shared some workarounds for you to fix this issue.
Honkai Star Rail Black Screen Fix
The chances are high that somehow your game version becomes outdated or goes through an internet connectivity issue. Meanwhile, conflicts with the game files, antivirus software blocking, in-game incorrect graphics settings, checking out the server status, not using the dedicated graphics card, using the v-sync feature, an outdated graphics driver, etc might increase a lot of issues on your PC. So, you should follow all the troubleshooting methods one by one until the black screen issue gets fixed. So, let’s dive into it.
1. Reboot the PC
You should try restarting the PC to refresh the potential glitch or cache data issue that should come in handy. Sometimes temporary system glitches can be easily removed by simply restarting the computer.
2. Run the Game as an administrator
The second thing you can do is run the game as an administrator on your PC to allow the User Account Control (UAC) access to the system. In some cases, your system requires the UAC access permission to run a program which is quite important. By following the steps below you’ll have to allow the admin access for once and it won’t ask you for the same again. To do so:
- Go to the installed Honkai Star Rail game directory.
- Right-click on the application file on your PC.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Finally, just double-click on the game app file to launch it.
If in case, you’re running the game via the Epic Games Launcher then perform the same steps too.
3. Update the Game
If you’re still running the outdated Honkai Star Rail game on your gaming device then it may cause compatibility issues or server connectivity errors. To simply update the app:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Settings.
- Scroll down to the Manage Games section.
- Select Allow Auto-Updates.
- Now, expand the menu for the Honkai Star Rail game.
- Enable the Auto-update box.
- Exit the launcher and relaunch the game.
4. Repair the Game Files
Another thing you should also try is verifying and repairing the installed game files on the respective gaming device to ensure there is no issue with the missing or corrupted game files. Just follow the steps below to perform the task.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Honkai Star Rail in the library.
- Click on the three dots icon next to the game.
- Select the Manage option.
- Now, click on the Verify option.
- Confirm the task and wait for it to complete.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
5. Check Your Internet Connection
Ensure to check out the internet connection properly by running speed tests and playing some other online video games. If in case, there is an issue with the internet connection, you should try switching the wired network to a wireless (Wi-Fi) one or vice versa. Otherwise, contact the internet service provider to get technical support for the same issue.
6. Update Graphics Drivers
Make sure to check for the graphics driver update on your PC by following the steps below. An outdated or missing graphics driver might come in handy to fix several graphical glitches whatsoever.
- Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Double-click on Display Adapters to expand it.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card name that’s active.
- Now, click on Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- The system will automatically check for the available update.
- An update will automatically download and install the latest version if available.
- Once done, you should restart your PC to apply the changes.
If you can’t find any pending updates, head over to the official website of the respective graphics card brand below and search manually for the latest update. Do remember that you’ll always have to search for the latest driver version and specific for the model you’re using. If a new version is available for the graphics card, download the driver and install it on your PC. You can jump to the link below to do so:
7. Use the Dedicated Graphics Card
If in case, you use a high-end graphics card on your PC but the game is still having the black screen issue then make sure to use the dedicated GPU which is externally connected. You should manually check and tweak the graphics card settings by following the steps below:
- Right-click on the Desktop screen > Click on NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Click on 3D settings > Select Manage 3D settings in the left pane.
- Select the Program Settings tab > Choose Honkai Star Rail from the drop-down list.
- Now, select a High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Save changes and reboot the PC to apply changes.
Switchable Graphics offers several standard operating modes and can be configured to run a specific application using the desired GPU.
- Right-click on the Desktop screen > Select AMD Radeon Settings from the context menu.
- Now, click on System > Select Switchable Graphics.
- Save changes and reboot the PC to apply changes.
8. Set a Lower In-Game Graphics Settings
You should try configuring the in-game graphics settings to get the optimized gameplay experience by setting up the V-Sync to Off and other graphical settings to low or medium preset. Some of the affected Honkai Star Rail players are claiming that they’ve fixed the black screen issue on the PC by using this method.
9. Turn Off V-Sync in the Game
V-Sync is a display technology that basically levels or synchronizes the frame rate of screen content (mainly in video games) same as the monitor’s default refresh rate. That means there will be no display glitches or screen tearing issues visible in the content on your monitor if your monitor is set to a specific refresh rate and the game runs at a higher refresh rate. So, make sure to disable the V-Sync in the game settings menu to avoid screen tearing.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.