If you want to write or repair IMEI or change the IMEI number of any Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset powered smartphones, then this guide is for you. Now, we assume that you’re reading this article that means you want to repair IMEI of any Qualcomm device. But in order to do this, you will have to enable Diag Mode on your device at first via dialing or putting ADB commands. Here in this article, we will share How to Enable Or Disable Diag Mode on Qualcomm device using ADB. This method works on Vivo, Xiaomi, Oppo and more devices.
Diag port is a Diagnostic Mode to test out the different working process of hardware and software on a Qualcomm device. Some tools required to enable Diag connection in order to fix null/invalid IMEI or flash QCN file or EFS file as well. This guide will explain how to enable Diagnostic Mode (Diag Mode) on an Android phone which runs on a Qualcomm processor.
What is the Diag Mode?
You should know that the Diag port must be enabled on Qualcomm smartphones in order to write or repair IMEI number. Once you have enabled the diag port on your Qualcomm device, you will be able to repair or change IMEI number of your device via QPST tool, QFIL tool, or others easily.
It’s worth mentioning that for any MediaTek (MTK) chipset powered devices, Miracle Box tool is required to repair IMEI number easily. Whereas, Diag COM Port is not required for MediaTek devices and other processors like Spreadtrum, etc. But if you’re going to repair IMEI on any Qualcomm devices like Vivo, Oppo, Xiaomi, Samsung, Nokia, Lenovo, and Motorola then diag port is necessary.
Steps to Enable Or Disable Diag Mode on Qualcomm device using ADB
We have three different options to enable Qualcomm Diag port easily on your device. Check out the steps from below: If one method doesn’t work, then follow another method.
[B.] Terminal Emulator App (APK)
[C.] ADB Command Method
A. Dial Number
- Open the phone dialer app and type *#*#717717#*#* to enable.
Now, you have Enabled Or Disabled Diag Mode on Qualcomm device. If this does not work, then try the second method.
B. Terminal Emulator App (APK) to Enable Or Disable Diag Mode on Qualcomm device
- Your phone should be Rooted first for the second method.
- Install Terminal Emulator Apk on your phone.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your handset via the Developer Options.
- Now, open the terminal emulator.
- Type the following command and press enter:
- Then type another command below and hit enter to apply:
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
- Done. You’ve Enabled Or Disabled Diag Mode on Qualcomm device.
C. ADB Command Method (Recommended)
- Root access is required.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone from Developer Options.
- Next, connect your device to the computer.
- Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot command prompt on your PC.
- Type the following commands and hit enter one by one to apply:
adb devices adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
- That’s it.
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully enabled or disabled the Diag Mode on any Qualcomm devices. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.