Samsung Galaxy S10 series already has a few months on the market, and the latest flagship smartphones from Samsung are still the best out there, at the moment. Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus combine several top-notch features, including the in-display fingerprint sensor, high-end cameras, and more. However, if you’re new to modern Android devices, in general, and new Galaxy S smartphones, in particular, you might it find challenging to set up your new phone to begin using it. In this article, we’ll show you how to insert or remove the SIM card on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus.
Samsung Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus work with a nano-SIM card which has to be placed in a SIM tray that is shared with the microSD card. That means that anytime when you decide to remove or change your SIM card, you will also disconnect the microSD card from your Galaxy S10 device.
Before proceeding with our tutorial on how to insert or remove the SIM card on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus, you may also find interesting some of our other guides:
- Troubleshoot “No SIM Card” Problem on Galaxy S10, S10E, or S10+
- How to Fix “SD card not detected” Error on Galaxy S10, S10E or S10+
- How to Fix “Mobile Network Not Available” Error on Galaxy S10, S10E and S10 Plus
How to Insert or Remove the SIM Card on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus
As you may already know, modern Android smartphone, following the example of iPhone devices, come with no removable battery. Accordingly, the SIM card trays are mounted on one side of the devices. The same applies to Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus where the SIM card tray is placed on the top bezel of the smartphones, and it’s accessible via the insertion or removal tool that comes in the box.
Even more, differently from other models, Samsung Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus come with a SIM card tray that also houses the microSD card tray. Accordingly, anytime you’ll insert or remover the SIM card you’ll also disconnect the SD card from your new Samsung flagship.
Insert or Remove the SIM Card on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus
To insert or remove the SIM card on your new Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus, here’s what you should do:
- Turn off your device
- Look for the SIM Card/microSD tray on the top bezel of your Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone
- Take the removal tool you received in the box for your device – it looks like a needle, if you want, or similar to a paperclip end
- Insert the removal tool in the pinhole on one side of the SIM card tray and push it gently until the tray ejects
- Pull the SIM card tray out
- Now you can insert or remove the SIM card or the microSD, depending on your needs
- Press the SIM card tray into its slot until it clicks
And that’s everything you have to know on how to insert or remove the SIM card on your new Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus.