Is your HP LaserJet Pro not connecting to the computer? Or, the printer is not printing wirelessly or with a wire? Well, there are many reasons why you might be facing this problem. In this blog post, we’ll be discussing the possible reasons along with their solutions.
HP LaserJet Pro is a popular printer with high-speed letter print, auto duplex printing, and dual-band wireless connectivity. The printer also has a 2.7-inch touchscreen display that makes it easier to use. HP makes some amazing printers, but being an electronic device there’s no guarantee that it will never run into problems. Sometimes you’ll be facing software-related issues and sometimes there’ll be issues with hardware.
Thankfully, the issue your printer is facing right now (not getting connected to the computer) can be fixed through one of the solutions I’ve mentioned below. Keep reading this article and try each solution one by one to see which one spells out success for you.
- HP LaserJet Pro Not Connecting To Computer, How To Fix?
HP LaserJet Pro Not Connecting To Computer, How To Fix?
Solution 1: Restart Your HP LaserJet Pro Printer
Your HP LasterJet Pro printer might be facing a temporary bug or system glitches. In such cases, the printer often fails to connect with other devices and refuses to output copies. Rebooting the printer can fix this problem.
To reboot your HP LaserJet Pro printer, plug out the power cable from the wall outlet, wait for 15-20 seconds, and plug in the wire. Now, connect another device to the printer and check if the problem is solved.
Solution 2: Make Sure That the Printer and Computer Connected to the Same Wi-Fi Network
If you want to connect your HP LaserJet Pro printer to your computer, mobile, or other devices with wireless printing support, you’ll need to connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network. The printer will then be able to easily recognize other devices on the network and vice versa.
Solution 3: Do a Printer Reset
Whenever our mobile phone or computer gets into software problems, what do we do – reset the device. The same method can also be applied to a printer.
Here’s how to reset your HP LaserJet Pro printer:
- Turn on the printer and wait until the printer is idle.
- Remove the power cable from the printer.
- Now, remove the cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait for a minute.
- Plug the power cable back into the wall outlet.
- Now, plug the cable into the printer.
- Turn on the printer and check if the issue is fixed.
Solution 4: Uninstall Printer Driver
Some users were able to fix the connection issue with the laptop by uninstalling the printer driver. Follow these steps to uninstall the printer driver:
- In the search bar, type Apps & features and press ENTER.
- Scroll down until you see HP Printer. Tap on the three-dot button right next to it.
- Select Uninstall.
- In the search box, type device manager and press ENTER.
- Expand the Print queues option.
- Right-click on HP Printer and select Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
After you’ve uninstalled the printer driver, restart your computer, connect to the printer, and check if the problem has gone.
Solution 5: Turn off the Firewall
The Windows firewall on your computer might be blocking the connection to the HP LaserJet Pro. To rule out this possibility, you need to turn off the firewall on your computer and try to connect the printer with the computer.
Here’s how to do it:
- On your computer, open Windows security.
- Tap on Firewall & network protection.
- Tap on Domain network, and turn off the toggle for Microsoft Defender Firewall.
- Similarly, turn off Microsoft Defender Firewall for the Private network and Public network.
- Restart your computer.
Once done, restart your computer. Now, try to connect your HP LaserJet Pro to the computer and check if the issue is solved.
Solution 6: Contact HP Customer Support
Since you have reached this point, I believe that none of the solutions have worked for you. It seems that there might be a hardware issue with your HP LaserJet Pro printer. Your device needs to be checked by a technician for which you need should contact HP customer support.
I understand it can be frustrating for you when you are not able to use your HP printer. In this blog post, we discussed the problem and its possible solutions. I hope that you were able to fix the problem. If yes, do let us know which method did the job for you.