By using the iMessage app on your iPhone, you can either send normal text messages or can send multimedia messages as well. And the best part of iMessage is that you can use it on internet connectivity. Therefore, two things you will need, one is an active internet connection and another one is Apple ID. Once you signed in, you can easily use the app. However, if the iMessage not working after installing a new iOS update on your iPhone 11, then check the troubleshooting guide below.
Some times, users may get an error or can face any bug as well on their devices after installing any new firmware update. So, if you’re also one of them and facing issues with your iPhone 11, then follow the possible solutions to fix it as early as possible.
- Fix iMessage not working after installing new iOS update on my iPhone 11 (Solved)
- 1. Turn on/off iMessage and FaceTime
- 2. Force Reboot your iPhone
- 3. Use Airplane Mode to fix iMessage not working after installing iOS update on iPhone 11
- 4. Reset All Settings on iPhone
- 5. Perform Factory Reset
- 6. Check iMessage Settings to fix iMessage not working after installing iOS update on iPhone 11
Fix iMessage not working after installing new iOS update on my iPhone 11 (Solved)
Before heading over to the steps, make sure that you have a working internet connection. Additionally, you should log in to the Apple ID, the date & time is working properly according to your timezone. All apps are updated to their latest version. Now, you can jump into the steps below.
1. Turn on/off iMessage and FaceTime
- Go to the Settings > select Messages.
- Tap on the iMessage toggle to turn it off.
- Then wait for a couple of seconds and turn it on again.
Similarly, you can also turn on/off the FaceTime app on your iPhone.
- Head over to the Settings > open FaceTime > tap on the toggle to turn it off.
- Then turn it on again.
2. Force Reboot your iPhone
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the button and wait for the device to boot completely.
3. Use Airplane Mode to fix iMessage not working after installing iOS update on iPhone 11
- Go to the device Settings and turn on the Airplane mode.
- After waiting for a while, you can turn it off.
- Then enable the internet connection again and check your iMessage.
4. Reset All Settings on iPhone
- Go to the iPhone Settings > Tap on General > Tap on Reset.
- Select Reset all settings.
- Now, enter the passcode, if prompted.
- Then tap on Reset all settings again to continue.
- Restart your iPhone.
5. Perform Factory Reset
- Open the device Settings > General > tap on Reset.
- Tap on Erase all contents and settings.
- If required, enter your device passcode to continue.
- Tap on erase all content and settings again to confirm.
- Wait for the device to reboot.
6. Check iMessage Settings to fix iMessage not working after installing iOS update on iPhone 11
- Tap on iPhone Settings > select Messages.
- Go to the Send & Receive option and tap on the signed-in Apple ID which is working for the iMessage.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful. Feel free to ask in the comments below.