Those who wish to create something new or expansive-looking without drones or a camera crew will find the Insta360 One X2/X3 a very impressive 360-degree camera. This software can transform the simplest of videos into a cinematic experience with the help of special effects modes and clever AI editing.
It is not necessary to have a virtual reality camera. Nobody does, but 360° cameras aren’t designed for that purpose. In addition to creating action camera-style videos, they allow you to do clever special effects by capturing everything and editing later. However, everything is good with this camera app, but some users find that the Insta360 One X2/X3 is not connected to the app on iPhone and Android.
That’s the reason why we are here. Throughout this guide, we’ve listed several methods you can use to resolve the Insta360 One X2/X3 not connecting to the app on iPhone and Android issue. So, let’s check out those fixes.
- Does Insta360 One X2/X3 work with Android?
- Fix: Insta360 One X2/X3 Not Connecting to App on iPhone And Android.
- Fix 1: Reboot The Device
- Fix 2: Check Internet Connection
- Fix 3: Clear Cache For Insta360 One X2/X3
- Fix 4: Check the Power Saving Settings
- Fix 5: Turn Off Battery Optimization
- Fix 6: Reset Network Settings
- Fix 7: Try Safe Mode
- Fix 8: Turn Off Lock Screen Widgets
- Fix 9: Allow Background Activity
- Fix 10: Prevent the System From Sleeping Insta360 One X2/X3
- Fix 11: Reinstall Insta360 One X2/X3
Does Insta360 One X2/X3 work with Android?
One X2 is compatible with Android phones and tablets that meet the following requirements: Huawei Mate 20, P30, Mate 20 Pro, and newer models. All Android devices are equipped with Snapdragon 845 chips or higher, including the Samsung Galaxy S9, Xiaomi Mi 8, and other models released in the past year.
Fix: Insta360 One X2/X3 Not Connecting to App on iPhone And Android.
Some fixes available will help you fix the Insta360 One X2/X3 not connecting to the app on iPhone and Android. So, in case you are facing this problem, make sure to perform the fixes mentioned below:
Fix 1: Reboot The Device
Insta360 One X2/X3 app can be interfered with by some random bug, causing the device to not process with the app properly. It appears that rebooting your Insta360 One X2/X3 should be able to resolve this issue for many users.
Rather than rebooting your device, we recommend power cycling them, as that will restore them to a fresh working state. It might be worth a shot to see if it works.
Fix 2: Check Internet Connection
The stability and strength of your internet connection are essential for running apps to work effectively. If your internet connection is unstable, you may experience crashing, freezing, or not connecting issues. For your device to stay connected to a network, ensure that it is connected to an active network.
Using an Insta360 One X2/X3 app on a mobile network requires you to confirm your ability to use a mobile network.
- Go to Settings and select Apps to check.
- Look for your Insta360 One X2/X3 app on the left side of the screen.
- Once you have selected it, tap on Mobile usage.
- On the next screen, tap Allow Background Data Usage.
- In the last step, select the Allow Data Usage While Data Saver is On check box.
When you connect your Android device to an active WiFi network, you may experience better network speeds.
Fix 3: Clear Cache For Insta360 One X2/X3
If Insta360 One X2/X3 is not connecting when the screen is off on your Android device, there is a possibility that some Insta360 One X2/X3 cache data may be present.
This method has also been reported to be useful by other users. Therefore, it’s worth a shot, isn’t it? Here are the steps to follow:
- You can access Insta360 One X2/X3 by tapping and holding its icon.
- Once you have selected the Info button, click on it.
- After that, click Clear Data.
- Lastly, tap Clear Cache.
Fix 4: Check the Power Saving Settings
Insta360 One X2/X3 recommends turning off power-saving mode whenever you use the app. To turn it off, follow these steps.
- Initially, go to Settings and tap on Battery.
- Next, tap on Battery Saver.
- To disable the Battery Saver, click on turn off.
Fix 5: Turn Off Battery Optimization
Whether the problematic app is enabled or not, a battery optimization setting may be responsible for not connecting correctly. For the problem to be resolved, the battery optimization of the app must be disabled.
Even though we already mentioned how to disable battery optimization for your device, you must also disable it for the Insta360 One X2/X3 app if you are running low on Battery. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings and select Apps.
- Select Special access by clicking the three-dot icon at the top.
- Choose Battery Optimization.
- Choose All from the Apps not optimized drop-down menu.
- Make sure Insta360 One X2/X3’s battery optimization is disabled.
Fix 6: Reset Network Settings
It is also possible to fix the Insta360 One X2/X3 not connecting on Android or iPhone when the screen is off by resetting your network settings.
- To begin, tap on Settings.
- Next, click General Management.
- Select Reset from the menu.
- Finally, click Reset Network Settings.
Fix 7: Try Safe Mode
In safe mode, you can find out what’s wrong if your Insta360 One X2/X3 apps are interfering with one another.
- The first thing you need to do is hold the power button for 5-10 seconds.
- On the next screen, click Ok to enter safe mode.
Fix 8: Turn Off Lock Screen Widgets
Android’s lock screen has several useful widgets, such as an alarm clock, a weather forecast, and an event calendar. As a result of some third-party apps interfering with the widget, the camera is not connecting to the app when the phone is in standby mode.
Insta360 One X2/X3 is not connecting when the screen is off on the Android device when you disable the recording or clock widget in lock screen settings. The steps are as follows:
- Select Lock Screen from the Settings menu.
- Choose FaceWidgets.
- Once the toggle is turned off, you can turn off the particular widgets.
Fix 9: Allow Background Activity
Check the battery settings when the problem only affects one app, such as Insta360 One X2/X3. It should be possible for the app to use the Battery in the background.
Here are the steps you need to follow to verify your settings:
- Select Apps from Settings.
- From the list, select your Insta360 One X2/X3 app.
- Click on Battery. Make sure Allow background activity is toggled on.
Fix 10: Prevent the System From Sleeping Insta360 One X2/X3
The Samsung smartphone will automatically put it to sleep whenever an app is not used. For instance, if you don’t want the System to include Insta360 One X2/X3, you should prevent it. So, to do so,
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Battery.
- Select Background usage limits.
- After that, select Never sleeping apps.
- Lastly, click the plus icon and add Insta360 One X2/X3.
Fix 11: Reinstall Insta360 One X2/X3
It may also be possible to resolve the Insta360 One X2/X3 not connecting when the screen is off on Android or iPhone by reinstalling the app. A certain Insta360 One X2/X3 version had a bug that caused this problem, and reinstalling the software resolved it. To reinstall Insta360 One X2/X3, follow these steps:
- Visit the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Search for Insta360 One X2/X3.
- From the search results, select the app.
- Then select Uninstall.
- Go back to the Play Store after restarting your device.
- Check for improvements by reinstalling Insta360 One X2/X3, signing in, and re-signing in.
So, that’s how to fix the Insta360 One X2/X3 not connecting to the app on Android and iPhone. We hope that this guide has helped you. Furthermore, if you need more info, comment below and let us know.