During the US and China Trade War, the US Government banned Huawei trade and other US-based companies have pulled out the support and service with a notice period. So, Huawei devices not coming with Google apps or mobile service pack preinstalled. However, due to Android’s open-source nature, the end-users can easily perform tweaks to install Google apps on Huawei devices. Here we’ve shared the steps to install Google Play Store and Google Mobile Service on Huawei MatePad Pro easily.
Even if you’re not a tech geek, you can easily install and run all the necessary Google apps & services on your Huawei device. However, recently plenty of device users have reported that they are getting a notice like “Device is not Play Protect certified”. So, if you’re also receiving the same popup then you will need to register your device ID into the official Google site and may have to wait for the verification. If not, then you can sideload APKs from third-party app stores as well.
Steps to Install Google Play Store and Mobile Service (GMS) on Huawei MatePad Pro
In order to follow the mentioned steps, you will need to keep ready some of the required things at first. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Install Huawei HiSuite tool for Windows.
- LZPlay & Google Apps Pack (OneDrive Link)
- Install Huawei USB Driver on your PC.
- Your device should be charged more than 60% minimum.
- Take a complete backup of the important data and system.
- We assume that you’ve already installed the HiSuite tool and USB Driver on your PC.
- Now, connect your handset to the computer using a USB cable > Allow your phone to transfer file mode (Settings menu > Search for HDB > Tap on Allow HiSuite to use HDB > Turn on the Allow HiSuite to use HDB toggle.
- Your device will be connected to the HiSuite tool on your PC.
- Now, the HiSuite interface will open.
- You will need to extract the LZPlaybackup.zip file on your PC.
- Make sure to temporarily disable or turn off your Antivirus software.
- Next, click on Restore option > Then click on the Edit button on the HiSuite interface change the extracted LZPlaybackup file.
- It will ask for a password. Just enter a12345678 and it will install the LZPlay app initially.
- Then extract your googleapps.zip file on the computer and move it to the internal storage of your Huawei device. (You can copy them to the download folder)
- Open the Files app on your Huawei phone and locate the transferred Google Apps (APK) files that you’ve just copied.
- Just install all the APK files (total 06) one by one on your device. (Tap on the APK file and tap on Install)
- Now, go to the Settings > Apps > Type Google and search > Make sure to allow all the permissions to work these apps properly.
- Once done, open the LZPlay app on your phone that you’ve extracted and installed earlier using the HiSuite tool.
- Tap on Activate button > It may give you warning notice, so just skip it and go back to the home screen.
- Finally, reboot your handset to change effects and sign in to the Google account to start using it.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
You’ve successfully installed Google Play Store and Mobile Service on your Huawei MatePad Pro. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comment section below.