KIA Seltos is one of the SUV (Sport Utility Vehicle) four-wheelers that becomes quite popular in the market due to its overall design and specifications. KIA Seltos basically offers two lineups that come under Tech (HT) Line and GT Line. This 5-seater compact SUV has both the Petrol and Diesel variants with a few changes. There are plenty of issues present on KIA Seltos and the touch screen not working issue, basically turning on or off becomes quite common.
The SUV has a smart 20.32cm (8.0″) Head-Up Display (HUD) that offers driving assist information for safe driving. While the 26.03cm (10.25″) Advanced HD Touchscreen Navigation offers better directions and some controls integrated with the KIA Connected Car Technology. But multiple reports are claiming that the touchscreen becomes pure blank (even though the radio is working fine) or it’s just turning on/off automatically. Pressing the left dial does nothing.
Fix: KIA Seltos Screen Not Working | Turning On or Off
Some affected users are reporting that the touchscreen not working issue tends to occur quite often whenever the phone locks in Drive Mode (connected to the infotainment system via USB cable). We’re not sure whether it’s some kind of bug or what but pressing the media button offers the media selection screen to appear. Whereas Apple CarPlay keeps popping up almost half of the screen unexpectedly during the blank screen or unresponsiveness.
1. Lock Vehicle using Key Fob
First of all, you should try locking and shutting down the car from power by using the key fob. Because locking the car ensures that everything is fully switched off from power. So, whenever you face the same issue with the screen, just come out of the car, and use the key fob (not the remote) to lock the door then open the door again and start the engine using the push button. This will most probably fix the screen touch issue or blank screen issue.
2. Clean the Touchscreen
Try cleaning the touchscreen (infotainment system) on your KIA Seltos using a dry cloth gently to ensure there is no dirt/dust or smudges present. Even clean your hands before using the touchscreen because dirty or moisture fingers mostly don’t work on touchscreens. Additionally, you can replace the screen protector from the glass by yourself apart from cleaning the screen using a screen-cleaning solution. This method might come in handy.
3. Recalibrate the Touchscreen
Well, you can also try recalibrating the touchscreen system by turning off the car engine and locking the door using the key fob only. Then use the key fob again to open the door and start the car engine by pressing the push button. Recalibrate ensures that there is no issue with the touchscreen. If any malfunction happens, turning on/off the system will do the job for you in most cases.
The system automatically turns on when the car engine starts. Just tap on Confirm when the system is on and tap on Language to change the system language on the display.
4. Perform a Factory Reset
As a last resort, you can perform a factory reset to repair your device. It’s easier if you’ve got an Android head unit. Even if the screen is completely unresponsive, it’s possible to perform the task using a USB keyboard.
A hard factory reset will solve any software-related problem and fix the calibration as well. So, this should help with car stereo touch screen repair. Most of the stereos come with manuals that will instruct you on how to perform a factory reset. To do so:
- Play the FM Radio and keep the volume level to 22.
- Go to the Settings menu on the infotainment system.
- Tap on Software Version Info/Update > Now, turn down the volume level to 7.
- Tap on the Software Version Info/Update title again.
- Reduce the volume level to 3 > Tap on the Software Version Info/Update title once again.
- Then turn down the volume level to 1 > Tap on the title again.
- Now, you’ll see the Password Input option on the screen.
- Just enter the default password 2400 > Tap on OK.
- It will enter into the Dealer Mode or something like Function Mode.
- Here make sure to scroll down the list on the screen and tap on Factory Reset.
- Tap on Reset > It’ll prompt you to confirm the task. Just tap on OK to proceed.
Note: This process will erase all of the head unit data completely and can’t be reversed.
- The factory reset task may take some time to complete. So, keep waiting.
- Finally, the infotainment system will boot into the factory default mode.
- Make sure to complete the initial setup process to head over to the home screen interface.
If the above steps didn’t work then you can follow the steps below. According to the KIA user manual, you can perform a factory reset to fix your infotainment system easily. It’ll be easier if you’ve got an Android head unit. Even if the screen is completely unresponsive or goes into the blank screen, you can perform a factory reset using a USB keyboard. A hard factory reset method can resolve any software-related glitch or malfunction quite easily.
- Just press the tiny RESET button using a paper clip or pin on the AVN system for a few seconds.
- Then release the button and wait for the head unit display system to boot into the factory default screen.
- Once the system display appears, make sure to tap on Confirm when the system is on.
- Then tap on Language to change the system language on the display.
- You’re done.
5. Check for Physical Damage or Wiring Issue
It’s also recommended to check for physical damage or wiring issues on your car dashboard to ensure there is no conflict occurring with the connectivity of the touchscreen.
6. Contact KIA Service Center
You can also visit the KIA Service Center and ask for deep troubleshooting of this specific issue. Either it’s a software-related issue or the physical display-related issue. In both cases, you should get it fixed by a professional.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.