As the title suggests, here we’ll be sharing the information on LG Velvet Android 11 Update Tracker. Though LG is one of the known smartphone brands in the mobile market, people aren’t crazy about their devices or software updates anymore like earlier. Somehow it seems that the lack of competitive smartphones, as well as the lack of software support, has ruined the popularity. However, it’s worth mentioning that LG hasn’t stopped making budget and flagship smartphones that can bring them back in the smartphone business again.
This year LG has released its mid-range smartphone called LG Velvet 5G apart from the 4G/LTE variant in the USA and Europe region. Though the handset came with Android 10 (LG UX 9) preinstalled, it’s time for the Android 11 and all the existing LG Velvet users are literally waiting for it. The company has previously announced that they’ll gonna release the Velvet UI for the exclusive Velvet variants. However, it may take some time most probably. Meanwhile, you can take a quick look at the software update tracker of LG Velvet.
LG Velvet Android 11 Update Tracker
So, LG has recently announced that the Android 11 Beta Preview update will start rolling out to the LG Velvet devices soon. Initially, the beta program will run in South Korea, and then it may arrive in other countries or LG may even directly push the stable update in the rest of the regions. It’s unclear that how long the beta program will run and when the stable update will gonna release.
So, if in case, you’re eagerly waiting for this time and want to test out the early beta build then you’ll need to sign up for the beta program via the LG Quick Help app. Once you’ll be registered and selected for this beta program, you’ll automatically get the OTA update as early as possible. Luckily, we have a changelog for the initial Android 11 beta preview for the LG Velvet.
What’s on Android 11?
Android 11 is the 11th-iteration of Android OS and the most latest, the stable operating system for Android devices. Currently, the Android 11 (R) official stable version is only available for the 2nd-gen Pixel devices or higher to easily download and update it. Meanwhile, the beta build is officially available for a couple of non-Pixel Android devices like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, etc brands.
To recall, the Android 11 stable version got live on September 8, 2020, by Google just like every year. It not only improves the overall system stability but also offers other system improvements as well including plenty of visual changes in the UI elements. Let’s take a quick look below at some of the popular and useful features of Android 11.
Android 11 Features
- Prioritize your conversations in the notifications panel.
- Chat Bubbles can be used just like Facebook Messenger for any text messaging or chat messaging applications easily.
- Improved Voice Controls and access based on the texts or context.
- One-time App Permissions allows users to give access individually for each feature.
- Android 11 can easily auto-reset the granted app permissions on the device if not being used for a long time by the user (revoking access).
- Users can choose the Silent or Alerting system apart from the Conversation Notifications.
- Due to the Project Mainline support, Google now can easily and seamlessly push all the major security patch updates to the Android 11 running devices via the Google Play Store.
- The all-new redesigned Power Menu can be accessed by long-pressing the Power button on the Android 11 OS running device to not only get Restart, Power Off, Emergency options, but also the Google Pay feature, Smart Home devices option, etc.
- You can now also check back all the incoming notification history on your device within the 24 hours timeframe.
- The redesigned Media Player interface and control are more improved and slightly replaced by its situation on the notification panel along with the changing functionality of the connected device as well as volume.
- A much-awaited in-built screen recorder option can be found on the shortcut toggle area of the notification panel.
- Scheduled Dark Mode is another useful feature for most of the dark theme users with the option to set a time to turn on/off the dark theme automatically.
- Now, users can pin their favorite apps manually in the share sheet option which wasn’t available on the previous generation of Android OS.
- With the improved wireless Android Auto feature, now all the Android 11 running smartphones can use the head unit of the car easily and wirelessly. Previously this feature was only applicable to Pixel device users.
- Bluetooth will now work on all the Android 11 running devices even after enabling the Airplane Mode. As we all know that it still isn’t possible on Android 10 or previous generation Android OS running devices.
- Smart Reply and Smart Folders feature are also very useful to most of the Android 11 users which will intelligently suggest some of the recommended ideas to input.
LG Velvet Android 11 Beta Preview: Changelog
- Added a notification window for conversation
- Added message bubble function Added function to check deleted notification history
- Added ‘Allow this time only’ function to grant permission only once when running the app
- Added the ability to hide silent notifications IoT device control function added to the power screen
- Navigation bar hiding function added to gesture mode Night time-lapse and quick view function added to the basic camera application
- QR code scanning function added to basic camera application settings
- Added keyboard size and position adjustment function
Note: Though the beta update won’t gonna delete any of your existing data from your handset, it’s highly recommended to take a full backup before installing the Android 11 beta update. It’s also worth mentioning that the initial beta builds always bring plenty of bugs or stability issues or crashes. So, keep in mind that if you’re using your LG Velvet as a primary device then you should wait for the stable release.
We’ll keep updating this article whenever new info or update releases related to the LG Velvet. Till then stay tuned for more info.