Updated on September 24, 2017: Do you want to know the list of Lenovo devices that are eligible to get an update to Android 8.0 Oreo? If yes, then you are at the right place. Here we are going to provide you a full list of Lenovo Devices Getting Android 8.0 Oreo Update.
Google has finally released the Android 8.0 Oreo update and We already shared the Full Factory images of Android 8.0 Oreo for the Supported devices like Nexus and Pixel Lineup. Google also started pushing the OTA update for the Supported device such as Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus Player and Pixel C. Well, Lenovo fans are still wondering if their devices will receive the latest Oreo update on their device. Here is the list of Lenovo devices to get Android 8.0 Oreo Update.
In case if your device is not on the below list of Lenovo devices to get Android 8.0 Oreo Update, then you can still update to Android 8.0 Oreo by downloading and installing Lineage OS 15 on your Lenovo device. Here is the list of Lenovo Supported devices to get Lineage OS 15.
Table of Contents
List of Lenovo Devices Getting Android 8.0 Oreo Update
No confirmation or words officially from Lenovo about the Android 8.0 Oreo Lenovo Supported device.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
Also Check: Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo
FAQ. When will Lenovo Release Android 8.0 Oreo?
Answer: There is no official statement from Lenovo about the upcoming sweet of Oreo update for Lenovo devices yet. Lenovo has still not updated few of their devices to Android Nougat. We will keep you updated with more info as soon as possible.
We can expect the Lenovo to start updating their devices to Android 8.0 Oreo in Q1 of 2018 or Q2 of 2018.
Here is the list of Lenovo which will be updated to Android 8.0 Oreo:
- Lenovo K8 Note
- Lenovo K8
- Lenovo K8 Plus
Lenovo Smartphones that are expected to Get Android Oreo Update
- Lenovo A7000
- Vibe S1
- Lenovo P1 Turbo
- Lenovo A7000 Plus
- Lenovo A6600 Plus
- Lenovo Vibe P1M
- Lenovo K6
- Lenovo K3 Note
- Lenovo K4 Note
- Lenovo K6 Note
- Vibe K4 Note
- Zuk Z2
- K6 Power
- K5 Note
- Vibe K5 Plus
- Lenovo A6000
- Zuk Z2 Pro
So these are the List of Lenovo Devices Getting Android 8.0 Oreo Update in future.