Logitech G560 is a fantastic product for people looking for gaming-centric speakers. The surround sound effect on this speaker takes the gaming experience to a different level. But this speaker is known to have some issues. One of the most common ones is the speaker not producing sound to the end user.
The issue could be there because of your system or because of your speaker. Most Windows users report this issue, so we assume the problem could be related to the Windows platform. This does not mean that Xbox or PS users have not made the same complaint. Well, whatever your device or issue may be, this article will help you. Here, we have listed all the standard solutions that you can try to fix the no-sound issue with the Logitech G560 speakers. So without any further ado, let’s get into it.
How do you fix Logitech G560 Not Playing Sound?
For some users, the problem was simple. They had outdated drivers for the speakers. But for others, the problem was in something else. Let’s look at all the possible solutions to fix this problem for every troubled user.
Update your driver:
Windows need up-to-date drivers to stay compatible with every possible device out there. So if you are on outdated drivers, update the audio drivers immediately. That might solve your problem with the speakers not playing sound.
There are three ways to update a driver. You can do it automatically, manually, or using a third-party application.
To do it automatically, you can use Windows device manager.
- Press and hold Windows Key + X and choose “Device Manager” from the list of options.
- Expand Audio inputs and outputs in the device manager window and right-click on your audio device’s name.
- Choose “Update Driver.”
- Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install the driver update that shows up.
You must visit the Logitech support website for the manual process and look for the driver setup file. It will be like any other software installation file. Once you find the setup file, install it on your computer as with any other application.
Besides these two methods, you also have a third option. You can install a third-party driver utility tool on your computer, which will automatically scan your computer for outdated or missing drivers. It will also install the latest drivers on your computer with a simple click. However, these utility software tools usually have a price tag. But the price is well worth it as you don’t need to worry about drivers on your computer again.
If updating the audio drivers on your computer does not solve your problem, try the next solution.
Use the sound troubleshooter:
Windows has a troubleshooter utility tool that can scan the computer for any known issues and try to fix them for the user. If the troubleshooter can’t fix the problem, it will at least display information to the user about what is wrong with the Windows system. So, you could use the audio troubleshooter for the sound issue with the Logitech G560 Speakers.
- Press Windows Key + I and then select Update & Security from the list of options.
- Then click on the Troubleshooting tab in the left pane.
- Click on Additional troubleshooters.
- In the following menu, click on the “Sound” option. That will initiate the sound troubleshooter for you. Make sure to keep the headphones connected when you are doing this.
- Let the troubleshooter run the scan and try the fixes for the problems that show up.
If even does not help with the sound issue, try the next solution.
Logitech pushes out firmware updates for its devices worldwide, which contain fixes to most issues found on their device post-release. Even with the Logitech G560 speakers, a simple firmware update could be enough to fix the sound not working issue.
- Navigate to Logitech’s update download page on your browser.
- Download the Windows version as per your computer.
- Click on the option to download the latest version.
- Then run the updating tool on your computer.
- Select continue and let the tool search your computer for any Logitech devices that require an update.
- The tool will also install the update on your device.
After updating the firmware, your no sound issue should be resolved. If it is still there, try the next solution.
Uninstall third-party audio tools:
Many of us use third-party equalizer audio tools on our computers to enhance the audio experience. We default get different audio settings and profiles when installing audio drivers. But some users like to tweak their audio experience, and in search of that, they use specific third-party audio tools per their needs. These third-party audio tools could be the cause behind your problem, though.
The Logitech G560 speakers might not be compatible with the third-party audio tool you are using on your computer. The only solution here is to uninstall that third-party audio tool from your computer entirely.
Try the next solution if uninstalling the third-party audio tool does not solve your problem.
Reinstall G Hub:
Logitech’s G Hub application is also at fault on some occasions. If you have that app on your computer, you need to try reinstalling it.
- Click on the search bar and look for Control Panel. Once it shows up in search results, click on it.
- Click on the view by option at the top right corner, and a drop-down menu will appear. Select “Small Icons” here.
- Now click on Programs and features. This will display all the installed applications on your computer.
- Click on Logitech G Hub and then click Uninstall.
- Now, restart your computer.
- To download the latest version again, navigate to Logitech G Hub’s’ download page, and click on Download for Windows.
- Once the download is complete, open the file and install the program on your computer.
- Restart your computer and disconnect the speakers.
- After the restart, open up G Hub again and connect the speakers to your computer. It should show up on the screen as connected.
Check for any possible physical damage:
If none of the solutions mentioned above worked for you, then the issue could be related to physical damage to the device. Ensure the cable is properly plugged in and the connection is not obstructed. You also must ensure that you use the proper extension cable (splitter) with separate headphones and microphone jacks with appropriate input and output ports on your computer.
If even does not help with the sound issue, try the next solution.
Update System Software:
The Logitech G560 speakers can be used with any gaming console or PC. You must ensure that the machine you use runs on the latest version to avoid compatibility issues with the speakers.
For Windows users
You can try updating the Windows on your computer to the latest version. Windows pushes out updates for its users from time to time, and most of these updates are fixes to existing problems in the system. It could be a compatibility issue even with your Logitech G560 speakers. So check for any new Windows updates on your computer, and install it if you see a pending update.
- Press Windows Key + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Under the Windows Update section, click on “Check for updates.”
- If you see a pending update on your screen, click Download and install.
Once the update is downloaded, restart the PC and check whether your issue with the headset is resolved or not.
For Xbox users:
- Press the Home button on your Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Select Settings from the bottom of the menu.
- Select All Settings.
- Now, go to the system and select Update.
- Select the Update Console option. This option will show up only when there is a pending update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update on your Xbox successfully.
Once the update installation is complete, restart the Xbox.
For PlayStation users:
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation.
- Select System Software Update.
- Check for available updates here. If you see any pending updates, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
Once the update is complete, restart the system.
After successfully installing the update on your system, try using the speakers again. It should work fine this time around.
So these are all the solutions one can try to fix the Logitech G560 not playing sound issue. If you have any questions or queries about this article, comment below, and we will get back to you. Also, check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more helpful information.