Capcom has recently released a new expansion called ‘Sunbreak’ for the Monster Hunter Rise title on June 30, 2022, and it has already been successfully sold over 2 million units worldwide which describe the anticipation of a DLC. Well, DLC means ‘Downloadable Content’ that requires the base game ‘Monster Hunter Rise’ to be installed on Steam for sure. While some Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak players are reporting that this DLC is crashing after the update.
To be very specific, most of the DLCs do come with a demo content option so that the existing main title players can literally try out the new expansion first, and then they can decide whether to purchase the DLC or not. Though the DLC has mixed reviews on Steam for the PC version, the much-awaited expansion or you can say the anticipation was at its peak among the existing Monster Hunter Rise players to continue playing the Sunbreak DLC at any cost.
- Fix: Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak DLC Crashing After Update
Fix: Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak DLC Crashing After Update
Unfortunately, just like other DLCs, this particular DLC is also troubling a lot of Monster Hunter Rise players on the PC. Multiple reports are claiming that the latest DLC ‘Sunbreak’ is breaking the full game and affected players are unable to launch or continue playing the game properly. It seems to be crashing quite often on the PC which prevents players from getting into multiplayer sessions. While some encounter the’ Loading… Do not quit the game’ error.
If you too then don’t worry. Here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should gonna come in handy. Make sure to follow all the troubleshooting methods one by one until the crashing issue gets fixed completely. So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Run the Game in Compatibility Mode
First of all, you should try running the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak title in the compatibility mode on the PC to ensure there is no issue with the system compatibility. It’s easy to perform and doesn’t affect the gameplay whatsoever. To do that:
- Right-click on the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program in compatibility mode for: checkbox under the Compatibility mode option to enable it.
- You can select Windows 7/8 from the drop-down menu and click on Apply.
- Finally, click on OK to save changes, and reboot the PC to apply the changes.
2. Verify and Repair Game Files
The second thing you can do is to just follow the steps below to easily verify and repair the installed game files on the PC via the Steam launcher to ensure there are no missing or corrupted game files conflicting with the system and the gameplay. Issues with the game files on the system may trigger game crashing and launching issues in most scenarios. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer, and check for the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak DLC crashing after the update issue again.
3. Disable Fullscreen Optimization
Most probably the non-optimized or incorrect fullscreen option for the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak title is somehow troubling you a lot. Make sure to disable the fullscreen optimization option for the title and fix the issue.
- Open the Steam launcher > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak > Click on Manage.
- Select Browse local files > Go to Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak installed location.
- Now, right-click on MonsterHunterRiseSunbreak.exe > Select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab > Click on the Disable fullscreen optimizations checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
4. Delete the Dinput8.DLL File
Dinput8.dll file is a quite responsible component for the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak REFramework to crash consistently. It’s worth recommending just removing the Dinput8.dll file from the game folder to check if the problem has been fixed or not. According to several reports on the Reddit forum, this specific trick did work for some players. To do so:
- Go to the installed game folder location on the PC. [By default, it should be – C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MonsterHunterRise]
- If in case, you’ve installed the Monster Hunter Rise title on a different drive then make sure to head over there.
- Now, you’ll need to find out the Dinput8.dll file and delete it.
- Once done, make sure to launch the game and check if the problem is still troubling you or not.
If so, you should follow method 2 again to verify and repair the game files to easily resolve the issue after deleting the Dinput8.dll file.
5. Delete ReShade
If in case, you’ve installed ‘ReShade’ on your PC then the chances are high that somehow it’s conflicting with the system and game files. Make sure to delete the specific file from the installed game folder to check if the crashing issue or stuck on the loading screen is still bothering you or not.
6. Perform a Clean Boot
You can also try performing the clean boot method on the PC to close all the unnecessary background running services or tasks that are automatically starts up whenever you power on the Windows system. So, those services or tasks can take system resources as well as the internet data without your intent. To do so:
- Press Windows + R shortcut keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all > Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, go to the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- Click on the Startup tab from Task Manager.
- Make sure to click on the particular task which has a higher startup impact.
- Once selected, click on Disable to turn it off. [Do the same steps for each program that has a higher startup impact]
- Finally, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
7. Delete Mods from the game location
Another thing you can do is simply delete the mod files from the installed Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak game location. Sometimes the mod files may conflict with the latest game update or the DLC. So, uninstalling the mod files from the game directory may help the title to get past the loading screen properly. Make sure to delete all the mods from the game folder except for the large 30 GB .pak file. It’s highly recommended.
8. Disable nahimicsvc43.exe Service
It’s also suggested to disable the nahimicsvc.exe service on your Windows system manually by following the steps below. Some reports are claiming that this particular service is running in the background and conflicting with the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak DLC badly which eventually leads to crashing.
- Press Windows + R shortcut keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type services.msc and hit Enter to open Services.
- Here you’ll need to find out the nahimicsvc43.exe service from the list.
- Once you find out the specific service, double-click on it to open the Service Properties.
- Next, you should have to click on the Startup Type option and select ‘Disabled’ from the drop-down list.
- Then make sure to click on ‘Stop’ from the Service Status option to confirm the service is now not running.
- Finally, click on Apply and OK to apply changes. You can also reboot the PC to change the effects.
9. Reinstall the Game
If none of the methods worked for you then try reinstalling the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak game to check if that helps you to fix the crashing issue or not. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Now, go to Library > Right-click on the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak game.
- Head over to Manage > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall again and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to apply changes immediately.
- Open the Steam client again and install the game again using the existing Steam account.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.