Motorola Moto G7 Power (codename: ocean) launched in February 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie and was later upgraded to Android 10.0. Now, if you’re one of the Motorola Moto G7 Power users and stuck on the initial setup screen after performing a factory reset then follow this guide to easily FRP Bypass or Reset Google Account without using PC.
To be precise, an FRP Lock is also known as Factory Reset Protection Lock that comes preloaded on all the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset devices, featured by Google. The FRP Lock or Google Account Protection Lock basically prevents the device system and its data to become usable again until the user input the correct Google account credentials which was used to activate this security feature.
That means whenever you purchase a new-generation Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset-equipped smartphone or tablet device and log into your Google account to use Play Store or other Google services, it automatically activates the FRP Lock on that device. So, if you factory reset (format) your handset, it’ll ask you to enter the same old Google account log-in details to unlock the device. If you forgot, you’ll have to bypass the FRP Lock.
What is FRP Lock and How to Remove it?
If you still can’t understand it properly, after performing the factory reset when the Motorola Moto G7 Power boots into the system, it’ll show you a message something like “This device was reset, to continue to sign in with a google account that was previously synced on this device”. If you know the credential then it’s fine. Otherwise, you’ll need to follow the steps below completely.
If in case, your Motorola Moto G7 Power device is running well and there is no FRP lock bothering you but you want to remove this feature then make sure to simply remove the Google account from your device. To do so: head over to Settings > Accounts > Google Accounts > Select the specific Google ID > Make sure to select Remove account > Restart your device to apply changes.
But if your device is already locked by the FRP or Google account verification then jump into the guide below.
Motorola G7 Power FRP Bypass | Reset Google Account (Without PC)
- First of all, switch on your Motorola Moto G7 Power into the system.
- Tap on the START button and connect the device to a Wi-Fi Network. [Important]
- Now, tap on English (United State) > You will get a popup window.
- Change the Language to русский (Russe).
- Now choose Pоссия
- Select the first option > Tap on Emergency Call.
- Next, double-tap on the top field Emergency information
- Tap on the Pencil icon from the top right corner.
- Tap on the text field to open the on-screen keyboard.
- Now, make sure to press & hold the world/globe icon on the keyboard to open a popup window.
- Then select the bottom left option from the popup window. (Press on Edit keyboard)
- Select Language Settings > Tap on Add Keyboard.
- Scroll down and select any language with the arrow key on the keyboard. [Select English or any other language as per your choice]
- Now, tap on the 3 dots icon from the top right corner > Select Help & Feedback.
- Then make sure to select Describe your issue > Type Use Morse code in the search box.
- Select Use Morse Code from the search result > You’ll see a YouTube video.
- From the top right corner of the screen, you can find a share option.
- Tap on Share > Select the Message app and long-press it.
- Now, open App Info > Select Permissions > Tap on Search.
- Search for Chrome Browser and open it.
- Once Chrome opened, select Accept & Continue > Tap on Next > Select No Thanks.
- Then you’ll have to download the FRP bypass tool apk file and launcher apk file from this URL [tinyurl.com/frplocky].
- Scroll down the website page and download these two files one by one on your device. Such as ‘FRP Bypass Apk 2.1 apk’ and ‘Apex Launcer.apk’.
- Now, tap on the 3 dots icon from the top right corner of the Chrome browser.
- Select Downloads > Wait for the download to complete.
- Then tap on the Apex Launcher APK file and select Install.
- If prompted, make sure to enable access for ‘Allow Unknown Sources’.
- Now, go back to the app installation page and tap on Install again.
- Open Settings > Change the language to English.
- Then open the File Manager app > Tap on FRP Bypass Apk 2.1 apk and select Install. [If prompted to allow unknown sources, make sure to allow it]
- Next, head over to the Google Account Manager APK (GAM (6).apk) file > Tap on it and select Install.
- Then click on Bypass FRP > Select Browser Sign-In option.
- Tap on the top-right corner of the screen and select Browser Sign-In.
- Now, make sure to sign in with your valid Gmail ID (Google account).
- Open the FRP bypass app > Tap on Settings.
- Go to Security & Location > Select Device admin apps.
- Make sure to turn on the Find My Device option.
- Next, go back to the Settings menu > Select Security & Location > Tap on Location > Select Use Location.
- Open Google Chrome again > Type and search for Google find my device on the search bar.
- Tap on the Find My Device Page from the search result to open it.
- Now, sign in with the same Gmail ID (Google account).
- Tap on Secure Device > Set up a new password for it.
- Open your device with the password that you set up > Tap on ERASE DEVICE.
- Wait for the device erasing to complete > Then enter the password again.
- Now, your Motorola Moto G7 Power will restart automatically. If not, do it manually.
- Finally, go through the initial setup process and the FRP lock should have gone now.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.
Did not work
Did all the steps. Most went as described. Installed all the apps.
The erase data and reboot left me locked still asking for the original unknown data
Same as above….followed everything exactly as described, downloaded the apps, got the device onto my Google account, locked and erased the device….but then still asked for original previous owner information and wouldn’t go through with mine. Urghh