MUP_FILE_SYSTEM Blue Screen Error is a common error that is seen on the computers with the Windows operating system. It could be a nightmare for you if you have any unsaved work, as it is likely to be lost. Due to this error, the computer is forced to restart itself. The reason could be that the UNC provider or MUP is getting information or data which is unexpected or invalid. This error terminates multiple UNC provider (MUP) to send any request of a remote file system to the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) or the provider of network transfer.
If you are facing this error, then don’t worry, we have got you covered. In this article, we would discuss in detail the Mup_File_System Blue Screen Error and also provide you with some steps with which you can get rid of this error. Read till the end to know all the ways to get free from the clutches of Blue Screen Of Death.
- What are the factors that can cause this error?
- How to fix the Fix Mup_File_System Blue Screen Error on Windows 10?
- Solution 1: Try physically testing your hardware
- Solution 2: Update your Device’s Drivers or Try rollback your drivers
- Solution 3: Set your Driver Verifier Manager
- Solution 4: Correct the Problems related to the IRQ
- Solution 5: Remove new hardware from your system
- Solution 6: Execute the Blue Screen Troubleshooter
- Solution 7: Conduct System Restore
What are the factors that can cause this error?
Several issues could be accountable for this problem. Hardware, as well as the hardware Driver software, could be held accountable for this error. The error might be shown if your hardware is not functioning properly and can also be displayed if the device driver of your system is incompatible with your device or poorly structured. The hardware that is overclocked, has defective memory, is overheating, or causing power-related problems can lead to this issue.
How to fix the Fix Mup_File_System Blue Screen Error on Windows 10?
To help you out in solving the issue on your own, we have mentioned a step by step guide below. You can perform these steps in no particular order and see if they are working for you.
Solution 1: Try physically testing your hardware
You could check your hardware all by yourself, physically. This should be your first reaction when you are facing this issue. You could clean the dust from the components of your computer gently without damaging any delicate parts of your system. Don’t use any wet cloth or sponge to do so, the moisture in them will harm the circuits of your computer.
Solution 2: Update your Device’s Drivers or Try rollback your drivers
Resetting or updating the driver of your system could help you get rid of the problem. If you have already updated the driver recently, you should go for resetting it. However, if you haven’t updated your driver, doing so might help you. If you want to update your driver,
- Switch your device into the Safe Mode.
- Press the Windows and R key to start the Run.
- In the Run dialog box given space type “devmgmt.msc” and then hit Enter.
- The Device Manager will open on your screen. It would be displaying a list of Device Drivers, find the one which is associated with Graphics Drivers, Chipset, Network Card, Disk Drive, or any other driver which might be associate with the SwapBuffers.sys and MUP.sys system file.
- After you have found your drivers, click on each and choose “Update Driver” option.
- Now, follow the next step which would be shown on the screen and restart your computer. You are done.
If you want to rollback your device, follow the below steps,
- Open Device Manager.
- Select the driver you want to rollback from the list of drivers.
- Open the Properties of the selected driver with a right-click.
- Now, go to the Driver Section.
- You would get the rollback option there. However, if it is not there, your device is not having the latest drivers. Follow the “Update driver” steps mentioned before.
Solution 3: Set your Driver Verifier Manager
If you want to identify the problematic drivers in your device, the driver verifier would help you. It is one of the most popular tools which Windows provide to its users for fixing driver issues. You could try it and fix Mup_File_System Blue Screen Error. To use it follow the given steps,
- In the search bar or “Cortana bar” type Verifier.
- When you have found the Verifier Manager, choose the Create Custom settings option.
- Make sure that you have checked every box except the options DDI compliance checking as well as Randomized low resources simulation
- Thereafter you need to choose “Select driver names from a list” option.
- Choose and select all the drivers which are present; except the ones which are provided by Microsoft.
- Now, press the Finish tab.
- “As the administrator” open the Command Prompt and then run the command, verifier /querysettings.
- This execution would open up the settings of the Driver Verifier. If you identify any flags, switch to Safe Mode.
- As an admin select and open Command Prompt and execute the command verifier /reset.
- Your device would get its Driver Verifier reset.
- Then Restart your computer and check for the error.
Sometimes you can uninstall a driver and get rid of the Mup_File_System Blue Screen Error
The Mup_File_System Blue Screen Error could be displayed on your screen because there might be some problems with the IRQ of your device. You can change the PCI cards to see if it works. Other than this, you can check if COM Port has IRQ2 assigned to it and should be unavailable at the time.
Solution 5: Remove new hardware from your system
External hardware that has been recently installed on your device could cause this error. Try removing the hardware or you could disable it and see if the Mup_File_System Blue Screen Error is done with. It is suggested that you try removing the hardware one by one to see if an individual device is causing the issue.
Solution 6: Execute the Blue Screen Troubleshooter
Blue Screen Troubleshooter is a built-in tool in Windows 10 that will help you in fixing the BSOD errors. You could get to it on the Settings Troubleshooter page. But be sure that your device is in the Safe Mode. To use troubleshooter follow these steps;
- Press the Win + I key for opening the settings panel.
- Now go to the Update and security option
- Now click on the tab “Troubleshooter”.
- Find and click on the option named “Blue Screen” which would be present on the right side of your screen.
- Now click on the option showing the “Run as troubleshooter” tab. This would start running your Blue Screen Troubleshooter.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions.
Solution 7: Conduct System Restore
Boot your computer into the Safe Mode or System Restore. Follow the steps to conduct System Restore on your computer,
- Click on the Windows and R key simultaneously to open Run.
- Type in the command “sysdm.cpl” in the run command box and click OK.
- Find the System Protection tab and select the System Restore option.
- Now a new window will open where you have to select the preferred System Restore point.
- Follow the given steps on the screen and complete the process.
- Restart your computer.
The steps mentioned above are tested and tried on several occasions to get rid of the Mup_File_System Blue Screen Error. One of the steps will surely help you with removing the error and get your device fixed. However, if the problem persists, try reaching out for professional help.
We hope that this article will help you deal with the Mup_File_System Blue Screen Error. The steps provided are straightforward to help you execute them easily. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.