Nokia announced a new smartphone, the Nokia C2 back in March 2020. The device is pretty unique in its own terms as it does not pack a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, not the MediaTek chipset. It comes with a Quad-Core 1.4 GHz Unisoc processor. For the unaware, Unisoc is a Chinese semiconductor company headquartered in Shanghai. The phone packs some decent specs. In this post, we will give you a dedicated Nokia C2 software update tracker that will be a one-stop-shop for all you update related needs for the device.
Notably, Nokia has been one of the consistent performers when it comes to rolling out timely updates for its devices. It is similar to the Nokia C2 as well. This post will be continuously updated to keep you in sync with the latest update release for the device. So, it is advised that if you own a Nokia C2 then, keep checking this post very often. With that being said, let us take a look at the article itself:
Table of Contents
Nokia C2 – Device Specification
Nokia C2 is launched in two colors, Cyan and Black. It is powered by a Unisoc quad-Core 1.4 GHz processor which is coupled with 1GB of RAM. The phone comes with Android 9 Pie Go Edition. Nokia C2 offers an internal storage capacity of 16GB while it can be expanded up to 64GB via microSD card. Talking about the cameras, at the back, it has a 5MP f/2.2 autofocus lens, while for selfies it houses a 5MP camera as well.
Under the hood, the device is powered by a 2800 mAh battery and there is a dedicated Google Assistant button on the left side of the phone. The display of the device is 5.7-inch which is an HD+ IPS panel. There is a 3.5mm headphone jack as well.
Software Update Tracker
Here we will give you all the information related to the latest software updates for the Nokia C2 smartphone. Note that all the latest updates will be added to the bottom of this update tracker table. So, make sure that you check this post often to keep your Nokia C2 device updated with the latest available update.
How To Check For Software Update On Nokia C2?
Ideally, the official updates are rolled out for the Nokia phones, over OTA. This means that it will take time in hitting all the units. However, you can also manually check for it by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Then tap on About phone.
- Head over to System Updates.
- Press Check for update.
- And if there is a new update notification then, you can tap on the notification to download the update.
How to Install the Update?
You can manually install the firmware file on your Nokia C2 by following this section of the guide. However, before we go ahead with that, first take a look at the list of pre-requisites that you need to go through to successfully install the update.
- Note that this guide is only for the Nokia C2 device.
- Make sure to enable the USB Debugging option under Developer Option on your Nokia C2.
- Install the latest Nokia USB Drivers.
- Make sure to charge your Nokia C2 up to 50%.
- You will need a PC/laptop and USB Cable.
- Take a complete backup of your phone’s data.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Steps to Install
- First and foremost, you need to download the latest OTA zip file from the above update tracker table for your Nokia C2.
- Now, download and install the ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC. Make sure to extract the contents in a folder.
- Move the update zip package file to the same folder where you have extracted the contents of ADB and Fastboot tools.
- Inside the ADB folder, you need to press the Right Click + Shift Key to open a cmd.
- Turn off your Nokia C2 and connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
- Now enter your device into Recovery mode by pressing the Power Button + Volume Up buttons together.
- In the Recovery Screen, you will see multiple options.
- Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate through them.
- Highlight on Apply Update from ADB and make use of the Power button to select it.
- In the cmd enter the below command.
- Enter the below command in order to flash the OTA zip file:
./adb sideload OTA.zip
- The installation process will take some time to complete.
- Once you are done with the installation, you will be back to the stock recovery screen.
- Tap on Reboot System Now option.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this Nokia C2 software update tracker. Note that all the latest updates will be added in this post for the Nokia C2 to avoid your hassle of looking it anywhere. Keep a check on this post if you own a Nokia C2 to keep your phone updated.
For more such awesome coverage, you can head over to our check out our Windows Guides, Gaming Guides, Social Media Guides, iPhone, and Android Guides to read more. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for awesome videos related to Android, iOS, and Gaming. Until the next post…Cheers!