“OneDrive” is the most popular Microsoft storage service for hosting the files in the ‘cloud.’ It is a free service for one who has a Microsoft account. This tackles some errors, and the most common mistake seen is “Error code: 6”. This error, which most of the users claimed that they are having while accessing the cloud library.
Error code 6 occurs due to various reasons, and the most popular solution is restarting your device. But from sometimes it is also being seen that restarting the system is also not working for various users. Here are some solutions which provide a permanent solution to the web error code 6 in OneDrive.
Error code 6:
While accessing the OneDrive cloud library, Error code 6 occurs many times as the timeout occurs. The server response time might take longer if you are having the error code 6 in your OneDrive cloud access. The reason behind getting the timeout error might be temporary and get a solution by a simple restart of your system. But there are various other reasons for which you will require a permanent solution for Error code 6.
Reasons for getting error code six may be:
- A server issue
- A network variation
- 3rd party interference
How to Fix Web Error Code 6 for OneDrive:
If there is something wrong with the network connections, then a quick restart may work for you. If the problem persists after a reboot, then before getting to the technical support, you have to check the issues on the user end.
If you are getting the error code 6 issue, then access other Microsoft services with your Microsoft account. If these all not working, then you might contact the technical support of Microsoft, but if all the other are accessible, then you follow the instruction to get your problem solved.
- First, check the internet connectivity. If it is not working correctly, then use the different operators for connecting your device. If you have done this, then move ahead.
- Now, check the status of Microsoft Office Online Services. For this, you need to visit the online Service Health portal of Microsoft.
- After getting through the processes mentioned above, restart your system.
Check your Internet Connectivity:
Microsoft finds that error code 6 occurs due to the poor internet connection for most of the cases. They suggest you check the internet connection service if you are getting into some issues while getting into OnDrive cloud storage. If you are ok with the connectivity, then you might proceed to the next solution, which is mentioned ahead.
Checking the status of Microsoft Office Online Services:
If the issue is created from the user’s end, then checking the status of Microsoft Office Online Services might be able to solve the problem on your own. You have to follow a few steps to verify your service status:
- Visit the Online Service Health portal of Microsoft. You need to visit “www.microsoft.com.”
- Sign in to your admin account. If you do not have the admin account, then on the home page, you will find ‘try the new admin center’ option on the upper-right corner. Create your admin id over there and proceed with login.
- In the admin center, go to ‘Health.’
- Select the ‘Service Health’ button; it will lead you to the service health portal.
- Here you will find the health of all your Microsoft services.
- Now on the ‘all services’ view, select the service status, which will open summary and advisories.
- Check all the details here like – service ID, status, start time, and last update.
- Now proceed and click on ‘Issue,’ it will show you all the problems and issues.
- Either get a solution for the particular issue or go to Microsoft’s Technician’s help.
Check for Updates and Restart:
Check for updates pending for your system. To get the updates you may precede the following steps:
- Go to ‘Start’
- Search for ‘Settings’
- Find ‘Updates and Security’ security in settings and enter into it
- Click on ‘check for updates
- Make sure you have connected to the internet to get all the updates
- Now reboot your system
Accessing OneDrive from an Android/Mac Device:
If you’ve found the status of OneDrive and it doesn’t show you the server issue, then you might access your OneDrive account from another device. It is the issue which most commonly reported for Windows and Mac, so access your OneDrive cloud account on the Android app or the iOS app. You can also visit the web version of OneDrive from your android device if you don’t want to have an application for that.
Contacting a Microsoft technician:
If you have found yourself helpless while solving the issues, then you might contact the technicians of Microsoft. They are available for you all the time, and some of the users also reported that they had solved the Error Code 6 issue with the simple support of a Microsoft technician.
- Visit Microsoft’s official website, which is “www.microsoft.com.”
- In the upper-right section, you will find the ‘support’ button.
- Choose your service issue as ‘OneDrive’ from here.
- On the very bottom, you will find get support column where you can get the ‘contact us’ button.
- Hit that button and describe your issue. Also, mention your contact information.
- Do not forget to log in to your Microsoft account before proceeding to any support.
- Within a few hours, you can get the issue solved from the other end.
- As soon as you get the response from the support, you will get access to the OneDrive cloud.
Other options (Repair Tool):
If the mentioned methods did not work for you, then you might give it a try to solve it with a repair tool. You can proceed with downloading Microsoft’s PC repair and optimizer tool, which you can download from Microsoft’s official website. After you got the repair tool, follow the procedure to get into a solution for error code 6:
- Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool
- Install and run as administrator
- Click “Start Scan,” it will find all the PC issues
- Hit the “Repair All” button to fix them all
- Now enjoy the error-free and optimized cloud experience for OneDrive.
OneDrive is the most useful and powerful backup storage. You can access your data from anywhere with this helpful tool. It is a big issue if you are not able to access your OneDrive cloud storage. It might trouble you somehow as you can have all the essential data in the cloud storage. Here are some tested solutions discussed above.
If it is a temporary problem, then you can solve the issue within a few minutes by giving a restart to your system. But if the problem is somehow big then also you do not have to worry as the methods as mentioned earlier will lead you to solve the issue with ease. Get connected with the internet when you proceed with any of the mentioned methods above. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box. On that note, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out.