Here we will guide on some common issue of OnePlus 6T Black Screen Death Issue.
OnePlus 6T is a very popular phone in the stores today due to its advanced features and latest technologies that attract various numbers of buyers. This is one of the best phones till date for its budgeted price that also has the latest features and as such attracts the buyers in large number.
Unnatural lines, unresponsiveness and discoloration are usually the signs of screen malfunction. The black screen may be temporary and a result of a minor bug. In some cases, repair is the least that can be done. In many cases, this issue can be fixed on your OnePlus 6T device by following the steps below.
Steps to Fix OnePlus 6T Black Screen Death Issue
Here are few troubleshooting tips to fix the OnePlus 6T Black Screen Death Issue
There are a few users that may interpret unresponsive device or frozen as a bad screen problem. Try to force a reboot with the following steps.
- On the right side of the phone press and hold the Power Button
- Hold the Power Button until the phone vibrates and restarts or up to 10-15seconds
- Let go if the phone turns off, press power again for 2seconds to restart your phone
This should be the easy fix if your screen works fine after following the above steps. Proceed with the below steps if the screen stays black or if there is no response at all.
Having a black screen can also be an indication of the device being completely dead or unresponsive. This may be due to the number of causes. However, if your phone still vibrates, make sounds, has a visible LED light, the problem may be isolated to the screen assembly.
Charge using a different set of accessories
A black screen may also result from the charging issues. All you need to do is try to charge the phone using a different set of adapter and cable to see if your device will power up the battery faster. This may help to fix your trouble if there is no physical damage to the screen.
Clear Cache Partition
This step is applicable only if the screen was not physically damaged. We may assume that the cause may be due to the system cache. Try the below steps.
- Press down the Power key for five seconds and turn your phone off. This is very important. If you are not able to turn your phone off, you cannot boot to Recovery Mode. Wait until the battery is drained if you are not able to shut the device off regularly via the Power button. Now charge your phone for 30minutes before booting your device to Recovery Mode
- Click on the Power Button key and the volume key simultaneously until the device vibrates and opens the Recovery Mode
- Click on the preferred language
- Now use the volume keys to navigate, click on Wipe> Wipe cache> to start the process click on Yes
- Once this is done reboot the device
Even if this step does not give you a clear solution, a hard reset should only help if there is a software-related bug behind the trouble. Ensure you don’t waste your time on hard reset if you know that you have dropped your phone or the phone got wet before the screen turned black. To hard reset your device,
- Press the power key for five seconds or you may also wait until the battery is drained if you are not able to shut the device off via the Power button. Charge your phone for 30minutes before you boot to Recovery Mode.
- Press and hold the power button key and volume key simultaneously until the device vibrates and opens the Recovery Menu
- Click on the preferred language
- Use the volume keys to navigate, visit Wipe> data cache> Erase Everything> Confirm
- Once this is done, reboot the device
Remember, if the above steps have not worked or if your phone got banged up, you are required to have it checked by a trained technician so that you will get accurate information on what you are supposed to do next. If you are lucky and the physical damage is only isolated to the screen, replacing the screen assembly is sufficient to revive it.