OnePlus 9 Pro is the latest flagship-killer smartphone from OnePlus that has been currently merged with OPPO. Well, the OnePlus 9 Pro offers a good hardware specification out of the box and runs on Android 11 on top of OxygenOS 11 preloaded. But just like other Android devices, it also has a fair amount of issues or bugs that we can’t deny. Plenty of users are reporting that their OnePlus 9 Pro Randomly Rebooting Again and Again.
If the same is also happening with you then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it. Multiple affected users have mentioned this specific issue and it seems that there is some issue with the software build or some other glitch that can be fixed easily. Before heading over to the guide, make sure to restart your handset. If that doesn’t help you, then try following other methods.
My OnePlus 9 Pro Randomly Rebooting Again and Again, How to Fix?
Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below that can fix the randomly rebooting issue completely. So, without further ado, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Turn Off Chat Bubble Option
Although this is quite strange for the users, some users have mentioned that after turning off the chat bubble option from the settings menu, the random reboot issue on their OnePlus 9 Pro has been fixed. So, you can also try it out once to check whether it’s working for you or not.
2. Boot in Safe Mode
You may have heard about booting your device in safe mode and checking for rogue apps or any kind of configuration issues. It basically disables all the installed apps and only runs the device on system apps or services which comes by default. Therefore, users can recognize the culprit easily. To do that:
- Long-press the Power button for a couple of seconds, until you see the Reboot to Safe Mode message, appears on the screen.
- Tap on OK to boot your OnePlus 9 Pro in safe mode.
- Now, wait for your device to restart, and then you can see safe mode text at bottom of the screen.
- You can now check which apps or settings are causing such an issue. If in case, you’ve recently installed any apps on your handset, try uninstalling them to cross-check the problem.
3. Wipe Cache Partition
Sometimes corrupted cache partition on your smartphone can also cause several issues with the system performance. Make sure to wipe the cache partition by following the steps below:
- Switch Off the phone > Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons together for a couple of seconds until the device shows the OnePlus logo on the boot screen.
- Now, wait for the device to boot in the recovery mode.
- Tap on the Language and select accordingly > Tap on the Clear Data and Cache option.
- Then tap on the Language and select accordingly > Tap on the ‘Wipe Cache’ option.
- Tap on Yes if prompted to confirm > Restart the phone.
This method should fix the random restarting issue. If not fixed yet, follow the next method.
4. Check for Software Updates
In most scenarios, having an outdated system version on your device can easily cause multiple issues with the performance or even app crashes or occasional shutdown/reboot, etc. It’s recommended to check for software updates and then install, if available.
- Go to the device Settings menu > Tap on System.
- Tap on System Updates > Now, your device system will check for the latest updates.
- If there is a new update available, you’ll be notified.
- Just tap on Download and Install > Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi or good mobile data for a faster and stable installation.
- Once done, your handset will automatically boot into the system.
5. Perform a Factory Reset
The chances are high that somehow your system data or app data gets corrupted and that’s why you’re facing multiple issues like randomly rebooting issues. Make sure to perform a factory reset on your handset to check for the issue. To do this:
- Head over to the Settings menu on your OnePlus 9 Pro.
- Tap on Backup & reset > Select Back up my data.
- Tap on Factory data reset > Enable Erase internal storage.
- Select RESET PHONE > Tap on ERASE EVERYTHING.
- If prompted, confirm the task to start resetting. [All of your internal data will be deleted]
- Once the reset is completed, it’ll automatically reboot your device.
- Have some patience as the boot time may take a couple of minutes for the first time.
- Finally, you’ll be greeted with the welcome screen > Make sure to go through the initial setup process.
6. Ask for Technical Support
If nothing seems working for you then the chances are high that somehow your device has some physical hardware issue or any sort of internal damage. Therefore, it’ll be better to visit the nearest service center and get it checked followed by repaired by a professional. If in case, your device is under warranty then it’ll be easier for you to ask for a replacement (if possible).
This is how you can easily fix the OnePlus 9 Pro Randomly Rebooting Again and Again issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.