In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to fix the black screen or screen of the death problem on the OnePlus 9RT 5G. Just like all the android phones, this phone also faces a few minor issues that can be resolved on your own. One of the main issues for all Android users is having a black screen of death problem. Don’t worry! This article will guide you to fix the OnePlus 9RT 5G black screen issues.
The black screen is an error screen that is displayed by the operating system. Sometimes, it is very difficult to boot up the device after the black screen of death. If you have also run into the same situation, follow the below simple steps in order to fix the same.
- OnePlus 9RT 5G Device Overview:
- Steps to fix the OnePlus 9RT 5G Black Screen issue
OnePlus 9RT 5G Device Overview:
The Oneplus 9RT 5G features a 6.62 inches FHD+ AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1080p x 2400 pixels. It is a high refresh rate panel with a 120 Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 which is an octa-core processor with one Kryo 680 core clocked at 2.84 GHz, three Kryo 680 cores clocked at 2.42 GHz, and four Kryo 680 cores clocked at 1.80 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 660.
In terms of optics, we get a 50MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 16MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 2MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. There is a 16MP sensor at the front which is paired with an f/2.4 lens. The front camera can record 4K videos at 60fps, while the front camera is limited to 1080p recording at 30fps.
There are three storage options available for this smartphone: 128GB + 8GB RAM, 256GB + 8GB RAM, and 256GB + 12GB RAM. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for the sensors, we have an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 4500 mAh battery that supports 65W fast charging. The company claims that the device can go from 0 to 100% in less than 30 minutes. There are three color variants of this smartphone: Hacker Black, Nano Silver, and Blue.
Steps to fix the OnePlus 9RT 5G Black Screen issue
Here are a few steps to fix the black screen of death problem on the OnePlus 9RT 5G.
Reboot Your Device:
If your OnePlus 9RT 5G encounters a black screen of death, then it can be a reason due to software or hardware glitches. So to check how this occurs, the first simple troubleshooting guide is to soft reset your OnePlus 9RT 5G and confirm if the problem arises again. To soft reset, simply follow our guide.
Method 1: Soft Reset
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds
- You will see the screen with the option to power off
- Choose Power Off and your device will turn off
- Now press and hold the power button
- You can release it when the phone screen is on.
Method 2: Force Reboot
When your device is stuck and not able to perform any task then this guide can come in handy.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until you see the phone starts restarting.
- That’s it! Your OnePlus 9RT 5G will reboot.
Wait for the Battery to Run Out and Re-charge Your Phone
If you are not able to reboot your device, then you may have to wait for the device’s battery to exhaust fully. When the battery is drained completely, you can recharge your device and turn it on. See if the problem now is resolved.
Wipe cache partition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrqG0bgnzdgTo wipe the cache partition on your device, you must boot into recovery mode on OnePlus 9RT 5G. If you clear the cache partition, your device problem can be resolved. Recovery Mode on any Android device plays a crucial role in troubleshooting the device problem.
Perform a factory reset
If the problem still persists even after following up on the first step, then try to perform a factory reset on OnePlus 9RT 5G. Follow our tutorial
Instructions for Hard Reset via Settings
If this method, doesn’t work, you can try the next hard reset method via recovery mode.
- In your OnePlus 9RT 5G device, Go to the Settings app
- Now Additional settings menu
- Tap on Backup and reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Here you will find 5 different options to select
- To clear all the data, select Erase All Content and Settings which will wipe off all the data from your OnePlus 9RT 5G
- Enter your password if you have a password on your phone
- Once you enter the password, it will now show a confirmation to erase data, so hit erase data.
- That’s it! You have successfully performed a hard reset.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset via Recovery
Want to hard reset your OnePlus 9RT 5G? then, enter the recovery mode first.
- First of all, Turn off your OnePlus 9RT 5G.
- Now Press and hold the Volume Up key + Power Key on your OnePlus 9RT 5G device simultaneously for a while
- Once you see the Realme logo, you can release the button.
- Your phone has entered recovery mode, now you can select the language
- Now your device will enter the stock recovery mode
- You can select Wipe Data by just tapping on it
- Now select Wipe/Data to confirm and enter the verification code
- That’s it! Confirm and done!
I hope this guide was useful to hard reset your OnePlus 9RT 5G.
If your device still has the black screen issue even after resetting your device, then you can try to check for a new software update or manually upgrade to new stock firmware on the OnePlus 9RT 5G. It was announced that a software update will debug and resolve the issue users are facing.
This should work! By following the above steps the user should not get this situation henceforth. In case you receive the same issue again, it is better to visit the nearest store and inform them about the issue. Make sure you also let him know that you have followed the above steps so that the showroom staff can think of some new idea.