OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G finally launched in India with Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 chipset and runs on Android 12 out of the box. The device sports an AI-backed triple rear camera unit headlined by a 64 MP main sensor and packs a 5,000mAh battery with support for 33W SuperVOOC fast charging. In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to fix the Bluetooth connectivity issue on the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G.
If you have bought this device and facing Bluetooth connectivity issues such as the device not pairing, connection dropping, not being able to transfer files, Bluetooth earbud not working, etc, then you are not alone. Plenty of users has started reporting that their OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G are having the Bluetooth Connectivity Problem.
If you’re also one of the victims then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide completely. Bluetooth connectivity becomes one of the common and most important requirements for mobile devices due to the lack of a 3.5mm audio jack and even connecting other smart devices like wireless earbuds or smartwatches or something like smart home appliances, etc. But if you face Bluetooth connectivity issues, it’ll be frustrating.
- OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G Device Overview:
- Fix: OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G Bluetooth Connectivity Problem
- 1. Restart the device
- 2. Turn on/off Airplane Mode
- 3. Update System
- 4. Keep your Bluetooth Devices Closer
- 5. Unpair All Connected Bluetooth Devices
- 6. Make the device discoverable
- 7. Check other Bluetooth devices
- 8. Forget the paired device
- 9. Turn Off Battery Saver
- 10. Remove Bluetooth from Battery Optimization
- 11. Reset Network Settings
- 12. Try Troubleshooting Apps on Safe Mode
- 13. Wipe Cache Partition via Recovery
- 14. Reset App Preferences
- 15. Do a Factory Reset on your phone
OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G Device Overview:
The Oneplus Nord CE 2 Lite features a 6.59-inch IPS LCD panel with a 120 Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2412 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 built on a 6 nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Kryo 660 Gold cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Kryo 660 Silver cores clocked at 1.7 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 619.
In terms of optics, we have a triple camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The triple setup consists of a 64 MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.7, a 2 MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2 MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a 16 MP selfie camera paired with an f/2.0 lens. Both the front and the rear setup are limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone is available in two storage options: 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM, and 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM. There is a MicroSD slot for storage expansion, but this is a hybrid slot that you cannot use if you insert two SIM cards inside the phone. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, and USB Type-C 2.0. And in terms of sensors, we have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 5000 mAh cell that can be topped up quickly using a 33W charging adapter. The smartphone is available in two color options: Black Dusk and Blue Tide.
Fix: OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G Bluetooth Connectivity Problem
Multiple reports have surfaced on the official OnePlus Forum as well as on the OnePlus subreddit forum that the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G users are experiencing issues with the Bluetooth connection such as can’t connect to the wireless headphones or frequent disconnections too. Whereas some affected users did also mention that even after updating to the latest OxygenOS version, the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G device seems to reconnect automatically.
Meanwhile, turning off the battery optimization for Bluetooth, resetting the Bluetooth setting, cleaning the storage and cache of Bluetooth from the system apps, etc didn’t come in handy at all. Whereas a couple of users have mentioned that they didn’t find such an issue so far which is actually great but not everyone is lucky enough. Well, here we’ve provided a couple of possible workarounds for you that should gonna help you out of it.
Note: Keep your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G device charged sufficiently so the Bluetooth connectivity works properly. A low battery on the smartphone or the Bluetooth device can cause connectivity issues whatsoever.
1. Restart the device
The first thing you should do is simply restart your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G device by following the steps below to check for the issue. Sometimes a normal reboot of the system can easily fix multiple issues such as Bluetooth connectivity issues whatsoever. To do so:
- Press and hold the Power button on the device then tap on Restart.
- Wait for the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G device to restart the system.
2. Turn on/off Airplane Mode
It’s also worth mentioning that if the Airplane Mode is turned on, the Bluetooth connection won’t work at all. Try turning off Airplane Mode if it’s turned on. If it’s already turned off then make sure to turn it on wait for a few seconds and turn it off again to refresh the networking connectivity glitch. You can perform this via Settings > Airplane Mode.
3. Update System
You should also check for the pending software updates on your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G device to fix multiple bugs or improve the device performance or even stability. A new system update always improves performance and includes new features too. Just go to device Settings > System > System update > Check for update.
If there is an update available, just hit download and Install. It may take some time to complete the firmware update installation process. Once done, make sure to reboot the device to apply changes. Finally, check for the Bluetooth connectivity issue again.
4. Keep your Bluetooth Devices Closer
Maybe your Bluetooth devices are far enough from the smartphone or out of the range of Bluetooth signal that’s why the connection drops or reconnects multiple times.
5. Unpair All Connected Bluetooth Devices
Make sure to delete or unpair all connected Bluetooth devices from your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G to refresh the system and then reconnect the particular Bluetooth device that you want to use. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Application Manager.
- Tap on Bluetooth from the System Apps list > Tap on Storage.
- Then tap on Clear cache and Clear Data one by one.
- Finally, reboot your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G to check for the issue again.
6. Make the device discoverable
In some cases, your device may not be discoverable in terms of Bluetooth so it’s recommended to turn on the discoverable option via Settings > Bluetooth > Turn on the Make this device discoverable option. Once done, you should be able to connect your OnePlus device with other Bluetooth devices.
7. Check other Bluetooth devices
Maybe an older Bluetooth device is running on the previous version of Bluetooth and already connected or paired with your handset previously. Therefore, they can conflict with each other while trying to reconnect or re-pair again with the same device. Make sure to turn off and on the Bluetooth device and bring it into the pairing mode respectively.
8. Forget the paired device
Make sure to forget the paired Bluetooth device by following the steps below and then try reconnecting or re-pairing again.
- Go to Settings > Tap on Bluetooth > Find the list of paired devices.
- Check for the specific problematic Bluetooth device that’s already paired.
- Now, tap on it or the icon next to it > Tap on Forget Device > Just restart your handset and try pairing again.
9. Turn Off Battery Saver
If the battery saver option is enabled on your OnePlus device then it will start preventing Bluetooth connectivity or other networking connections whenever the device battery juice drops to 20% or lower. So, make sure to turn off the battery saver option by following the steps below and charging the device more than 50% or above.
- Go to Settings on your OnePlus device > Tap on Battery.
- Head over to Battery saver > Make sure to turn it OFF.
10. Remove Bluetooth from Battery Optimization
Sometimes the Battery Optimization option can prevent Bluetooth usage or connectivity on your handset. Make sure to turn it off and try again.
- Tap on the Settings icon from the home screen or app drawer.
- Go to Battery > Head over to Battery Optimization.
- Now, make sure to select the Bluetooth option and turn it off. [if already turned off then skip this method]
- Once done, restart your mobile, and check for the issue again.
11. Reset Network Settings
If the Bluetooth connectivity issue persists, then you should reset the network settings directly on your handset to wipe out existing network settings, configurations, etc. It’ll refresh the system and clear out temporary cache data or glitches whatsoever.
- Go to Settings > System > Reset > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, and Bluetooth.
- Tap on Reset Settings > It may ask you to enter a pin or password if you’re using any of them on your device lock screen.
- Just input the pin or password > Tap on Next > Tap on Reset settings again.
- Wait for a couple of seconds to complete the reset process.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your mobile to refresh the system.
12. Try Troubleshooting Apps on Safe Mode
If nothing seems working for you then try booting your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G in Safe Mode to troubleshoot app issues by yourself. To do so:
- Press and hold the Power button on your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Power off’ option on your screen to bring the Safe Mode screen.
- Simply tap on OK to reboot into Safe mode.
- Once rebooted, you can now check which apps are triggering issues. Later you can uninstall an app if found issues.
13. Wipe Cache Partition via Recovery
Well, wiping out the device cache partition via the stock recovery menu is another way to fix the Bluetooth connectivity issue. To do so:
- Switch off your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G then press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time for a few seconds until you see the recovery mode.
- Now, release both buttons > Once the device boots into the Recovery menu, you’ll have to use the Volume button to go to ‘Wipe Cache Partition’.
- Then press the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Next, let the process be completed, and then restart the device normally into the system to check for the issue again.
14. Reset App Preferences
Sometimes resetting the app preferences on the device can also reduce issues with the Bluetooth connectivity. Some app settings may conflict with system functions whatsoever. To do this:
- Go to the Settings > Tap on System.
- Tap on Reset options > Tap on Reset app preferences.
- Then tap on Reset apps. [It will not clear any personal data]
- It’ll only reset app notifications, default apps, VPN configurations, app permissions, clear all paired Bluetooth devices, remove all saved Wi-Fi passwords, etc.
15. Do a Factory Reset on your phone
If nothing seems to work for you and it becomes irritating to find out a fix for your issue, make sure to perform a full factory reset on your device to wipe out all the device settings, installed apps or games, Bluetooth & Wi-Fi settings, etc. It will also delete all files from your internal storage.
So, we’ll recommend you to take a backup of the important data which is stored on the internal storage apart from phone contacts, text messages, etc. Once done, you can do the following steps to factory reset:
- Go to Settings > System > Reset options.
- Select Erase all data > Tap on Reset phone.
- If you’re using a pin or password on your phone’s lock screen, then it’ll ask you to enter that.
- Once a pin or password is entered, tap on Next.
- Now, tap on Erase everything > Wait for the device to restart automatically.
- Finally, go through the initial setup process, and check for the Bluetooth connectivity issue on the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.