With technological advancement, some of the common issues also arrive on our smartphones quite often. Sometimes an issue may arise where the smartphone user can’t see the screen at all. According to many users on the OnePlus forum, the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G screen automatically goes black, and the device doesn’t respond. This might be due to hardware or software failure. You can fix this issue by performing a hard reset or booting into safe mode.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G finally launched in India with Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 chipset and runs on Android 12 out of the box. The device sports an AI-backed triple rear camera unit headlined by a 64 MP main sensor and packs a 5,000mAh battery with support for 33W SuperVOOC fast charging. Therefore, after buying this device, if you are facing the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G won’t turn on or boot loop issue. If yes, then this guide is for you. In this tutorial, we will help you to fix the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G that won’t turn on the issue.
This is quite unusual for a smartphone and even for a flagship-grade premium smartphone. Sometimes, any system file or software crashes or conflicts with any third-party apps. That may cause the device unresponsive. First of all, we eagerly wait for system updates, and once the update is available, we jump into it. That’s a bad idea to keep your device up-to-date. You should wait for the stable updates and check out the update changelog as well.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G Device Overview:
The Oneplus Nord CE 2 Lite features a 6.59-inch IPS LCD panel with a 120 Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2412 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 built on a 6 nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Kryo 660 Gold cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Kryo 660 Silver cores clocked at 1.7 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 619.
In terms of optics, we have a triple camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The triple setup consists of a 64 MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.7, a 2 MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2 MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a 16 MP selfie camera paired with an f/2.0 lens. Both the front and the rear setup are limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone is available in two storage options: 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM, and 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM. There is a MicroSD slot for storage expansion, but this is a hybrid slot that you cannot use if you insert two SIM cards inside the phone. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, and USB Type-C 2.0. And in terms of sensors, we have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 5000 mAh cell that can be topped up quickly using a 33W charging adapter. The smartphone is available in two color options: Black Dusk and Blue Tide.
Steps to fix a OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G won’t turn on the issue.
Some other issues may cause the ‘screen won’t turn on the issue’ on your device. That may also happen due to the device bootloader failure. But don’t worry about it. OnePlus forum and support team is quite active, and you will get service center support as well if required. That doesn’t mean the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G or any other OnePlus devices are not good. Probably, OnePlus devices are the best flagship killer devices in terms of specifications and price tag.
There are a few ways to fix the issue on your device, which are mentioned below:
Boot into Safe mode:
If you have installed any virus or malware-infected third-party app, it can mess with the display drivers in your smartphone. This can happen at any time and can be easily fixed via booting into the safe mode. After rebooting into the safe mode, your device screen will turn on again. Here are the steps:
- Long press the power key button on your device.
- You will see a message “Reboot to safe mode” option. Confirm it by tapping on the Ok button.
- Now, let the device reboot itself in safe mode. You will see a safe mode symbol at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After you have successfully rebooted into safe mode, delete the infected app or file causing this issue.
Clear Cache and Data on your OnePlus Phone
Sometimes this issue can arise due to a misconfiguration on your device by a third-party app. There may be some cache issues as well, which can be fixed easily.
- Turn off your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G by pressing the power button and selecting shut down.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power + Home buttons simultaneously until the Android logo appears.
- Use the volume buttons to scroll down to navigate to the ‘Wipe Cache Partition. [This won’t delete your data]
- Use the power button to select the wipe cache partition and confirm.
- Scroll to reboot the system and press the power button again to confirm.
- Now, wait for a few seconds to reboot your device normally.
If any of the mentioned steps aren’t working for you, try force reboot for once.
- To perform a Force Reboot, press and hold the power button for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Once the logo lights up the screen, and the phone vibrates, release your fingers.
- Now, wait for the device to boot into the system normally.
Phone Reboot While Charging
Sometimes, we can’t notice or understand the actual issue, whether minor or major. If your device screen doesn’t turn on usually, try to charge your phone.
- Plugin your device charger and wait for at least 15-20 minutes to charge the device.
- Then don’t unplug the charger. Leave it and press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
- Your device will boot up again, and all will be fine.
Factory Reset your Device
Suppose the above-mentioned ways do not apply to your device. Please note that the factory reset of your device will bring it back to the factory state and delete all the internal data and settings. So, take a complete backup of your device at first and then try the fix.
- Go to the device Settings menu > navigate to the Backup & Reset option.
- Tap on the Factory data reset option and tap on Reset Phone to confirm.
- Now, wait for the complete factory reset process.
- Your device will boot into the system again like a new one.
Otherwise, you should consider checking your device with the service center. There may be some major issue with your display or other hardware.
I hope this guide will help you whenever it is needed. Make sure to check your device battery as well. Feel free to comment down below.