New Update on April 27, 2020: Today Oppo has announced on the ColorOS Community that the Oppo Reno 2 Android 10 stable update over ColorOS 7 has started arriving in some other regions as well. According to the company, an unlimited quota of users in India, Vietnam, Thailand, Egypt, Pakistan, Nigeria, United Arab Emirates, Philippines, and Malaysia is ready for the update roll-out. As the stable update will release in batches, you can check OTA via software updates or trial version.
Those who’re already running the ColorOS stable version on their Oppo Reno 2, they will need to update the software to the latest version such as CPH1907PUEX_11.A.33_0330_202002121909, CPH1907PUEX_11.A.31_0310_202001092054, CPH1907PUEX_11.A.35_0350_202003161110. While the target version will be CPH1907PUEX_11.C.25_1250_202004131719.
New Update on April 23, 2020: Today Oppo rolling the stable Android 10 under ColorOS 7 for the Oppo Reno 2 globally. Here is the tweet released by Oppo about their Android 10 global update:
[#ColorOS7 + #Android10 Official Version for 𝗥𝗲𝗻𝗼𝟮: Complementary Notice]
With the release of 1st batch, more regions will be available soon- Check the details below!
The official version number is 𝗖.𝟮𝟱.
Thanks for your support! https://t.co/JrN67ydPoV pic.twitter.com/gqf906GW3x
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) April 22, 2020
New Update on April 17, 2020: The wait is over for the Oppo Reno 2 users as the company has started pushing the latest Android 10 update over ColorOS 7 stable version for the respective model. All of the interested Reno 2 users should take a note that the ColorOS 7 stable update is rolling out to the Chinese variants right now and it will take some time to hit all the Reno 2 units globally.
As the firmware update is making its way via OTA, you should check for the OTA update manually. In terms of the software update, it bumps up a new version number PCKMOO_11_C.11 that brings all the Android 10 goodies including ColorOS 7 features & improvements.
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimized user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customize whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimized the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
New Update on April 11, 2020: Amidst Coronavirus crisis, Oppo decided to change the release date of ColorOS 7 based on Android 10 to a few of their devices. In which, Oppo released a new update plan where the Oppo Reno 2 will be eligible to receive the stable ColorOS 7 on April 17.
Here is their new update plan where a bunch of Oppo phones is now scheduled to be upgraded to Android 10 under their ColorOS 7 stable version by April
Updated on March 9, 2020: The fifth batch of Oppo Reno 2 Android 10 (ColorOS 7) beta recruitment process has started followed by the fourth batch of the beta program which was done with the 5,000 users in India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, etc. Now, the company has announced on the ColorOS Community page that the fifth batch of Oppo Reno 2 Android 10 update with ColorOS 7 early beta build recruitment will select 10,000 users for the beta testing.
As mentioned, the early beta testing program will be available for Indonesia, Thailand, India, and Vietnam regions. if you’re one of the Oppo Reno 2 users and want to get an early taste of ColorOS 7 based on Android 10, then you can apply for the beta recruitment by following the steps mentioned below under software update status.
The original story follows…
A couple of months ago, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer OPPO has released the Oppo Reno 2 handset with Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6. It has upper mid-range hardware specifications and features at a competitive price tag. While the device gathered so much attention due to its FullView display and a sharkfin style pop-up selfie camera with best in class 48MP quad rear cameras. Currently, Oppo Reno 2 Android 10 Update second batch invite for the beta testers released with ColorOS 7.
All the interested Oppo Reno 2 early beta adopters can now join the beta testing program in its second batch invite. The company will select only 10,000 users for the early beta program which will start from March 7, 2020, at 10:00. Once the beta recruitment process completed, the selected device users will start getting the OTA update via batches.
ColorOS 7 Features (Android 10)
Oppo has launched its new custom skin version called ColorOS 7 officially a couple of months ago. If you’re one of the Oppo Reno 2 users then you should wait for the official stable update based on Android 10. It features plenty of customized features or options specific for the Oppo devices along with most of the native Android 10 features. Let’s take a quick look below.
- Redesigned UI
- New icons pack with a custom shape, size
- Breeno Smart Voice Assistant
- Improved RAM management
- New sound effects
- Portrait Mode 2.0
- Soloop video editor
- Improved visual design and UI elements
- ART+ Wallpapers
- System-wide Dark Mode
- Improved notification center
What’s on Android 10?
Google has announced the 10th iteration of Android OS in September 2019. It comes with several features and system improvements. To be very specific, the Android 10 version mainly offers better user experience and privacy/security features.
It features System-wide Dark Mode, Gestures Navigation, Wi-Fi & QR Code scanning, improved app sharing menu, improved app permissions, enhanced location privacy control, easy security updates, Focus mode, live caption, family link, multi-camera API, built-in call screening, sound amplifier, better notification control, and more. It also offers 5G support, foldable support, improved lock screen, smart reply, etc.
Oppo Reno 2 Android 10 Update Status
Ensure that your Oppo Reno 2 handset is running on A.28 or A.29 software version officially in order to receive the latest beta program. Now, you will need to apply for the early beta adopters program on March 7, 2020, at 10:00 from your device.
Head over to the device Settings -> Software Update -> Tap on the settings (cog) icon in the upper right corner -> Tap on Upgrade to early adopters / Trial Version -> Tap on ColorOS 7 Trial Upgrade option to apply for the early adopters program.