The Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro are the latest flagship smartphone lineup from Google with several features and improvements over their predecessors, the Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. Pixel 7 and 7 Pro are powered by the latest Google Tensor chipset, providing faster and enhanced AI capabilities. The device features upgraded cameras, a telephoto lens, and improved photography software to capture photos and videos. Unfortunately, some Pixel 7 and 7 Pro users experience the issue on their message app. They can’t send or receive MMS pictures which can be frustrating.
The Pixel 7 and 7 Pro is known for their great performance and combinations of software and hardware compared to other smartphone models. But even after the feature and performance, the Pixel phone is imperfect and bound to technical issues and glitches. One such problem is with the messaging application, where users cannot send or receive MMS pictures. Some users suspect that the reason could be due to network issues in their area or the validity of their Mobile carrier.
- What Causes Pixel 7 and 7 Pro Can’t Send or Receive MMS Pictures?
- Pixel 7 and 7 Pro Can’t Send or Receive MMS Pictures; how to Fix?
- Fix 1: Reboot Your Pixel Phone
- Fix 2: Run Your Pixel Phone in Safe Mode
- Fix 3: Clear the Message App Cache
- Fix 4: Update Your Message App
- Fix 5: Verify Correct APN Settings
- Fix 6: Reset the Network Settings of Your Pixel Device
- Fix 7: Contact Your Internet Service Provider
- Fix 8: Factory Reset Your Pixel Device
What Causes Pixel 7 and 7 Pro Can’t Send or Receive MMS Pictures?
Pixel 7 and 7 Pro can’t send or receive MMS pictures. A variety of reasons cause the issue. Some possible reasons include an outdated version of the messaging app, a network issue or validity of the Mobile carrier, Incorrect APN settings, software glitch, or more. It’s also possible that the issue is due to network connectivity or Mobile cellular. In such cases, you must troubleshoot the issue by trying the methods.
Pixel 7 and 7 Pro Can’t Send or Receive MMS Pictures; how to Fix?
You can follow several methods to fix the Pixel 7 and 7 Pro smartphones that can’t send or receive MMS pictures, and by following the steps, you can easily solve the problem. Before moving on, try re-inserting the SIM card on your Pixel smartphone or try another service provider SIM card. You also have to check for validity and recharge if it’s outdated. So let’s move on.
Fix 1: Reboot Your Pixel Phone
The first and easiest step is to Reboot/Restart your Pixel 7 and 7 Pro smartphone. Sometimes, the issue is mainly caused by software glitches, and it can be fixed easily by rebooting the device. Here’s how you can reboot your Pixel 7 and 7 Pro device:
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until the Reboot/Restart option appears on the phone screen.
- Tap on Restart/Reboot.
- Now your Pixel device automatically turns off and back on.
- Once rebooted, try sending pictures on your device from another smartphone to check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 2: Run Your Pixel Phone in Safe Mode
You can also try restarting your device into safe mode. Safe mode isolates your Pixel device from any third-party applications. Generally, safe mode will put your Pixel device in its default state, which might help you to find the problem. To restart the device in safe mode, follow these steps:
- Press and hold Power & volume up buttons simultaneously until the Power off appears on the phone screen, and then release it.
- Touch and hold the Restart until “Reboot to safe mode” displays, and then release it.
- Now confirm it by pressing the OK option, and your Pixel device will restart in safe mode.
- Once rebooted in safe mode, try sending pictures on your device from another smartphone to check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 3: Clear the Message App Cache
Clearing the cache data is necessary when your message app has some technical issues or glitches. Clearing the cache might help to resolve the Pixel device that can’t send or receive MMS pictures. You can easily clear the cache by following the below steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Pixel 7 and 7 Pro device.
- Choose the Apps section.
- In the Apps section, find and select Message application.
- Now tap on Storage & cache.
- Finally, tap on Clear cache and confirm it.
Fix 4: Update Your Message App
The other method to solve the MMS pictures that can’t send or receive issues on Pixel devices is to update your message app to the latest version. An outdated version of the messaging app might be the reason for the issue, and updating the app might help to solve the issue. To update the message application, follow these steps:
- Open Google Play Store and tap on the profile icon at the top right of the screen.
- Choose the “Manage apps and device” option.
- Tap on the “Updates available” option and choose the Message App from the updated applications list.
- If an update is available, simply tap on Update to the prompt.
- Once the Update is completed, try to send the MMS pictures and check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 5: Verify Correct APN Settings
The other way to fix the issue is to verify that the APN settings are set correctly. If you have already enabled the mobile cellular data and still can’t send or receive MMS pictures on your Pixel device, it could be due to APN settings. APNs ( Access Point Names) are necessary so your Pixel device can easily connect to the cellular data network of your provider.
If any single character is missing or incorrectly entered or set, the Pixel device may not be able to connect with the network, and your service will be disrupted. Ensure to check the correct APN is set on your Pixel device.
Fix 6: Reset the Network Settings of Your Pixel Device
You may not be able to send or receive MMS pictures on your Pixel device just because the network is not delivering the text to your smartphone. Try to reset the network settings to fix the MMS pictures issue on your Pixel 7 and 7 Pro device. Here’s how you can reset the network settings:
- Open the Settings app on your Pixel device.
- Tap on System Advanced > Reset option.
- Finally, tap on Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth.
Fix 7: Contact Your Internet Service Provider
Try removing your SIM card from your Pixel device and re-insert it again on your smartphone properly. Now try to send the MMS pictures on your Pixel device to check if the issue is resolved. If you are still facing the MMS pictures issue after re-inserting the SIM card, it’s time to contact your internet service provider and raise a complaint.
Fix 8: Factory Reset Your Pixel Device
The last option is factory resetting your Pixel 7 and 7 Pro device. If you are still facing the issue after trying the above methods, a factory reset might help you to resolve the issue. A factory reset will completely erase all the data and media from your Pixel device and change the settings to their default as new. Back up the data and important files before proceeding with the factory reset. To factory reset your Pixel device, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Pixel device.
- Tap on the system and scroll down to choose the Reset option.
- Tap on Erase all data (Factory Reset).
- Enter the PIN/Pattern/Password if prompted.
- Finally, tap on Erase all data by confirming it.
This brings us to the end of this guide for solving the problem of the Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro devices not sending or receiving MMS pictures. Hopefully, the above methods will help you to solve the problem easily. But if the issue persists, installing a new third-party message application on your device to send or receive the MMS pictures is a good idea. If you face any difficulty regarding any methods, comment below, and we will surely try to help you.