With the Pixel Watch 4G LTE, you won’t have to worry about the physical SIM Card as the Pixel Smartwatch has a built-in eSIM. Through eSIM, you can easily access the LTE network on your Pixel Watch without any gimmicks. However, to use cellular Connectivity on your Watch, you must set up an eSIM profile and activate an LTE plan.
Unfortunately, some Pixel users encountered the eSIM not working issue on their Pixel smartwatch, which is frustrating. You can easily solve the eSIM issue on your Pixel Watch by following some troubleshooting methods. This guide will provide some of the main causes and possible solutions which you can take to solve the issue easily on your Pixel Watch. Ensure you follow the instructions at the end of this guide.
What Causes Pixel Watch eSIM Not Working Issue?
Pixel Smartwatch eSIM not working issues can be caused by various factors. Several Pixel users reported the issue on platforms and websites to fix the issue as possible. Here, some of the main reasons include:
Network coverage: The network coverage is the main reason for not working eSIM on your Pixel Watch. If your carrier doesn’t provide stable network coverage in your locality, your Pixel Watch eSIM may not work anymore.
Activation Issues: If your SIM is not activated properly, it may cause connectivity issues on the Watch. Ensure that your eSIM is activated and registered with the carrier.
Carrier Restrictions: Most carriers may have restrictions on the type of devices that can use eSIM technology. You have to check the carrier to see if your Pixel Watch is compatible with their eSIM service.
Software Issues: An outdated version might be the reason for not working eSIM functionality properly. It’s also possible that bugs and glitches on the device cause the issue.
Hardware Issues: If there is an issue with the hardware of your Pixel smartwatch, it may cause the eSIM to not work anymore. In such cases, you have to contact the customer support team for help.
Pixel Watch eSIM Not Working Issue, How to Fix?
If you have your own Pixel smartwatch and you’re trying to use the eSIM on your smartwatch, but unfortunately, the eSIM won’t work properly, you don’t need to be worried. Fortunately, there are some possible solutions available that you can easily take to solve them. Before driving on the solution, make sure you have properly connected the eSIM service on your Pixel Watch. So, without any further ado, let’s move on to the fixes.
Fix 1: Make sure you have set up LTE
It’s possible that you have not set up the LTE on your Pixel smartwatch. A Google Pixel Watch LTE directly connects to your carrier, which shares a number with your smartphone, so the notification and messages can be synced easily. You can leave your phone at home and still enjoy the available features. However, LTE is necessary on your Pixel Watch, and you can easily setup by following the below instructions:
- Open the Settings on your Google Pixel Watch.
- Tap on Connectivity> Mobile.
- Now confirm that the status is set as On.
- On your smartphone, open the Google Pixel Watch app.
- Tap on Mobile network > set up a new profile.
- Choose Set up a new profile via a cellular carrier.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to log in to your carrier network and complete the setup.
Fix 2: Restart Your Pixel Watch
If you have set up the LTE on your Pixel Watch and still have an issue with the eSIM not working, you have to restart your Pixel Watch. Restating the Watch might help you to solve the eSIM not working issue easily. To restart the Google Pixel Watch, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the crown (side button) on your Google Pixel Watch for a few seconds.
- Now tap on Restart.
- Now your Watch is automatically turned off and back on after some time.
- Once restarted, try to check if the eSIM is working on your Pixel Watch.
Fix 3: Reset Network Settings
The other possible solution is to reset your phone network settings. This might help you to solve the eSIM not working issue on your Pixel Watch. A reset network setting will reset the Wi-Fi, mobile network and Bluetooth settings to their default option. Here’s how you can reset the network settings on your Pixel smartwatch:
- Open the Settings app on your Pixel device.
- Tap on System > Reset Options.
- Here tap on Reset Wi-FiWi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth options.
- Tap on Reset Settings.
- Confirm it by entering the PIN/Password.
- Once the reset is completed, try to check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 4: Update Your Pixel Watch
An outdated version is possible for not working eSIM on the Pixel Watch. The Pixel pushes the updates to increase the performance and efficiency of the Pixel Watch to work without any glitches and bugs. However, you have to update your Pixel Watch to the latest version. Here’s how you can check for updates on your Pixel Watch:
- On your Google Pixel Watch, swipe down on the watch face to reveal the Settings panel.
- Tap on the Settings button.
- Scroll down and select System.
- Tap on System Updates.
- If an update is available, download and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
Fix 5: Hard Reset Your Pixel Watch
If all fails to work, try to perform a factory reset on your Pixel smartwatch. A factory reset will erase the data, and you have to back it up before proceeding. Also, ensure that your Pixel smartwatch has enough charge before performing a factory reset. If it’s not, try charging it until it’s completely charged. To hard reset your Pixel Watch, follow these steps:
- On your Google Pixel Watch, press the crown button and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and select System.
- Now scroll down and select Disconnect & Reset option.
- Here you will be able to see the Erase eSIM. If you want to erase, toggle to erase eSIM and confirm it by pressing the check mark.
- The Pixel Watch will automatically turn off.
- Now you have to wait for a few minutes to turn the Watch back on.
- Once reset, try to set up your Pixel Watch, and you have to set up the LTE again by following the first methods we mentioned and check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 6: Contact Pixel Support
If you have tried the above solutions and even factory, reset your Pixel watch and are still facing the eSIM not working issue on the Watch, try to connect with the Pixel customer support team for help.
Customer support will provide some possible troubleshooting methods which you can easily take to solve the issue. You can contact them through the official Pixel website or by email. However, you can also visit a nearby service centre for further assistance.
Google Pixel Watch eSIM not working issue is caused by various reasons, as we mentioned. But sometimes, it may be due to hardware or software issues. However, we have mentioned the possible solutions that will help you solve your Pixel Watch problem. If the solution doesn’t work, contact Pixel customer support or visit a nearby service centre.