In this tutorial, we will list out the steps to play Xbox Games on your Android phone using XCloud Gaming. Microsoft’s Xbox cloud gaming service, XCloud Gaming allows you easily stream and play your favorite Xbox games directly onto your Android devices. While it was launched late last year, yet it was in the beta phase. Just a few days back, it has made its way over to the stable build.
There are around 150 games that you could directly stream onto Android smartphones and tablets. While the entire setup is pretty simple, there are a few requirements that need to be met from your end. At the time of writing, the service is live in 22 countries. So if your region belongs to the supported list, then here are the required instructions to play Xbox Games on your Android phone using XCloud Gaming. Follow along.
XCloud Gaming: The Prerequisites
Here are all the requirements that you need to qualify. Please make sure to go through them:
- First and foremost, you will need to have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.
- A controller that you could connect to your Android smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth or USB. Microsoft is planning to add on-screen touch controls for a wide range of games. At the time of writing, only the Minecraft Dungeons supports it.
- Likewise, your device should be running Android 6.0 Marshmallow or later
- It should also have Bluetooth 4.0 or greater.
- Furthermore, it goes without saying that you should have a fast high-speed WiFi connection as well. A 5GHz Wi-Fi signal with at least 10Mbps speed would be along the recommended lines.
That’s all the requirements that need to be met from your end. If you tick mark all of them, there here are the steps to play Xbox Games on your Android phone using XCloud Gaming.
How to Play Xbox Games on Your Android Phone
- To begin with, connect a compatible controller to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth or USB
- The head over to the Play Store and download the Xbox Game Pass app. You might also come across the beta version of that app, don’t download that one. Stick with the stable one that has just been launched.
- Launch the app and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Then go to your preferred game and tap on the Cloud option.
- Finally, tap on the Play button.
- That’s it. You may now enjoy your preferred titles directly onto your smartphones. Furthermore, all your progress will automatically be synced across Xbox One and PC, granted you played on that setup before.
On that note, we conclude the guide on how to play Xbox games on your Android phone using XCloud Gaming. If you have any queries, do let us know in the comments section. Rounding off, don’t forget to check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick section as well.