Many people love to use Google Chrome for various purposes like banking, office work, and general browsing. Some also prefer to use multiple profiles according to their needs. But by default, Chrome always loads the last used profile when you open the browser. To know more about this new feature, continue reading below.
That’s why the Google Chrome Canary version introduced a new Profile Picker feature. The feature shows you different profile options when you open Google Chrome, and you only have to tap on the profile that you want to use.
Why do you need the Profile Picker?
Profile Picker is useful for people who use different profiles on their Chrome browser for various purposes. It will also come in handy if your family uses the same computer. Profile Picker saves all your previous browsing data in your profile only. Your data will not get lost by other Chrome users. Just tap on your profile, and you are good to go.
Enable the Profile Picker:
If you are interested in trying out the new Profile Picker feature, follow these steps.
- Launch Google Chrome browser.
- In the address bar, input “chrome://flags/#enable-new-profile-picker“.
- A new window opens up with the “New Profile Picker” option.
- Click on the “Enable” button and then choose the “Relaunch” option from the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you can see all the profiles that exist on your Chrome Browser.
- If you want to ‘Add another profile,’ then click on the “Add person” option from the bottom of the screen.
- Type the new profile’s name and choose a new avatar for the profile picture.
- If you want to add the profile on your desktop, tick the checkbox beside “Create a desktop shortcut for this user” option.
Add a profile without Profile Picker:
If you don’t want to open the Profile Picker, you still can add another profile to your Chrome Browser.
- Click on your profile icon present on the top right corner.
- Click on the “Add” option from the bottom of the menu to create a new profile.
Remember, Profile Picker allows you to choose your profile with a single tap. Without Profile Picker, you can add another profile to your Chrome browser, but you have to sign in every time you want to use that other profile.
Profile Picker is a smart addition to Google Chrome as it lets you handle multiple profiles at the same browser. We hope this article informed you about everything you wanted to know about the Profile Picker. After reading this article if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.