Ubisoft has recently come up with Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction online multiplayer tactical shooter video game that has been developed and published by Ubisoft. The siege gameplay now meets intense zombies mode that offers a stunning experience to the players as of now. Although the game is quite good interns of action and the gameplay is smooth enough, some PC users are finding it difficult to continue playing the game. It seems that the Rainbow Six Extraction game Stuck on Black Screen After an Update recently. Plenty of players is facing the same issue.
If you’re also one of the victims then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide. It looks like an unwanted bug is troubling the PC players a lot that needs to be addressed as early as possible by the developers. However, if you don’t want to wait longer for the patch fix then don’t worry. Here we’ve provided a couple of possible workarounds that should help you out.
Fix: Rainbow Six Extraction Crashing on PC
Fix: Rainbow Six Extraction Server Error Juliett 00000143 / 000000146
Fix: Rainbow Six Extraction Disconnected From Host error
Fix: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction Stuttering, Lags, or Freezing constantly
Fix: Rainbow Six Extraction No Audio | Sound Cutting Out
Fix: Rainbow Six Extraction Stuck on Black Screen After Update
Well, it’s quite unfortunate that no error message or warning appears on the screen before or after the black screen issue on the PC which is another concern for the players. Whereas rebooting the PC didn’t come in handy to the affected players whatsoever. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Verify Games Files on Ubisoft Connect
The chances are high that after installing the latest update, your Rainbow Six Extraction game files either become corrupted or missing. In that scenario, you should verify game files on Ubisoft Connect to check for the issue. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Launch the Ubisoft Connect on the PC > Make sure that you’re logged into the same account which was used to purchase the game.
- Now, select the Games tab > Highlight the tile of the Rainbow Six Extraction game that you want to troubleshoot.
- Make sure to select the arrow icon on the bottom right side.
- Then a drop-down menu will appear and select Verify files.
- If prompted, select Repair, and wait for the process to be completed.
- Ubisoft Connect will start repairing and restoring any missing or corrupted files on the PC automatically.
- Once done, close the client, and restart the PC to apply changes.
2. Verify Game Files on Epic Games Launcher
If you’re playing the Rainbow Six Extraction game on your PC via Epic Games Launcher then make sure to follow the steps below to verify and repair game files.
- Open Epic Games Launcher on the PC.
- Click on the Game Library > Click on Rainbow Six Extraction.
- Select Settings > Click on Verify.
- Close the launcher then restart the PC to apply changes.
However, repairing the game files doesn’t come in handy for you, then we’ll recommend you to follow some additional workarounds that are mentioned below.
3. Update Graphics Driver
It can also be possible that an outdated graphics card driver is causing issues with the game launching or gameplay after the recent update. You should also update the GPU driver on the PC to apply changes. To do so:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that’s currently active.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes immediately.
4. Update Rainbow Six Extraction
Sometimes it may happen that there is an update available for your game for a while and you haven’t installed the update. In that scenario, you’re still running the older as well as buggy patch version on the PC that can cause several issues whatsoever. It’s not necessary that each time every patch update may trouble you. So, always keep your game up-to-date. To do so:
- Open the Ubisoft Connect on the PC > Open the three-line menu icon in the top-left of your screen.
- Select Settings from the drop-down > Go to Downloads.
- Here you can select Enable automatic game updates for recently played games.
- Alternatively, you can manually update your game by just selecting the Rainbow Six Extraction game tile in your library then clicking on Update.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to change effects immediately.
5. Press ALT+TAB Key Combo
Some affected PC users have mentioned that by pressing the ALT + TAB key shortcut combo, they’re able to switch between the opened programs on the PC. So, keep pressing the ALT + TAB to switch between programs and then go back to the running game again to check whether the problem has been fixed or not. It’ll change the display mode from full-screen to windowed mode and then full-screen mode which can fix the black screen issue.
6. Update Windows
If in case, you haven’t updated the Windows OS build on the PC then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the pending update. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
7. Update DirectX
Sometimes an outdated DirectX version or missing DirectX can also cause multiple issues with the game launching or gameplay. You should try following the steps below to update it.
- Head over to this Microsoft link to download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer on your PC.
- Next, install or update the DirectX version manually.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.