Two popular smartphones from the Chinese smartphone brand Realme were released in 2021: the 10 Pro and the 10 Pro+. There are many benefits to owning one of these phones, including their impressive specs, affordability, and performance. Users have given them positive reviews. However, some users have reported problems connecting to Bluetooth with these phones. This article discusses Bluetooth problems encountered by users of the Realme 10 Pro and 10 Pro+, as well as solutions to these problems.
What Are The Reasons behind Realme 10 Pro and 10 Pro+ Bluetooth Problems?
There are several reasons why the Realme 10 Pro and 10 Pro+ may experience Bluetooth problems:
- Interference from other devices: Other electronic devices, such as microwaves, Wi-Fi routers, or cordless phones, can interfere with Bluetooth signals. Consequently, dropped connections or low sound quality may result.
- Outdated software: Realme 10 Pro and 10 Pro+ may have Bluetooth connectivity issues if the software is outdated. If you are experiencing a problem with your software, updating it to the latest version may help resolve it.
- Poor network coverage: An unstable Bluetooth connection may occur if the device is located in an area that has poor network coverage. It may be possible to solve the problem by moving to a location with the better network coverage.
- Incorrect settings: There may be Bluetooth connectivity issues with the Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+ if the settings are incorrect. If the problem persists, check the Bluetooth settings and make sure they are correct.
- Distance: When a device is too far from the Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+, Bluetooth signals cannot be received. It may be possible to resolve the issue by moving the device closer to the phone.
Realme 10 Pro and 10 Pro+ Bluetooth Problems and Solutions
So, here are some Bluetooth problems and their solution for Realme 10 Pro and 10 Pro+. Therefore, let’s check them out:
Problem 1: Bluetooth connection is unstable
For Realme 10 Pro and 10 Pro+ users, Bluetooth connectivity problems have the potential to be major inconveniences. It is common for Bluetooth connections to be unstable, which can result in dropped calls or sudden disconnections. In addition to interference from other devices, poor network coverage, or outdated software, this issue can be caused by a number of factors. In order to fix an unstable Bluetooth connection, try the following solutions:
- Restart the phone: You can turn off the device and then turn it back on again. You may be able to resolve any software glitches that may be causing the problem this way.
- Check for updates: Find out if any software updates are available in the ‘Settings’ app. Whenever an update is available, download and install it. If the problem is caused by a bug, this can help resolve it.
- Reset Bluetooth settings: Tap ‘Reset Bluetooth settings’ in the ‘Settings’ app, and then select ‘Bluetooth.’ Doing so will erase all Bluetooth pairing information, so you will have to pair your devices again. It may be helpful to reset the Bluetooth settings if a configuration issue causes the problem.
- Turn off other Bluetooth devices: You may be able to improve the Bluetooth connection by turning off other Bluetooth devices nearby. There can be interference from other Bluetooth devices which may cause the Bluetooth connection to be unstable.
- Move to a different location: To improve network coverage, move to a different location with better coverage if you are in a poor network coverage area. Bluetooth connections can become unstable if there is poor network coverage.
Problem 2: Bluetooth device is not connecting
Realme 10 Pro and 10 Pro+ users may find it frustrating when a Bluetooth device does not connect to the device. There are several reasons why this may happen, such as incorrect pairing, incorrect password, or the device being out of range. Here are some solutions for Bluetooth devices not connecting:
- Make sure the Bluetooth device is in pairing mode: Check that the Bluetooth device is in pairing mode and that it is visible to other Bluetooth devices. In order to connect to the Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+, the device must be in pairing mode.
- Check the password: When connecting to a Bluetooth device, a password must be entered correctly. It is possible for a device to be unable to connect due to incorrect passwords.
- Put the device in the range: Connect the Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+ to the Bluetooth device within range. It will be impossible to connect if the device is out of range.
- Restart both devices: Make sure the Bluetooth device and the Realme 10 Pro, or 10 Pro+ are both restarted before trying to re-connect. In this way, you will be able to resolve any software glitches that may be causing the problem.
- Forget the device: Go to the ‘Bluetooth’ settings and forget the Bluetooth device if it was previously paired with the phone. After that, try connecting again. The problem may be resolved this way if there are any configuration issues.
Using these solutions, you can quickly and easily fix the problem of a Bluetooth device not connecting. It is recommended to seek help from a technical expert if the problem persists.
Problem 3: Poor sound quality
It is common to experience poor sound quality while using Bluetooth devices with the Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+. Many factors can contribute to this, including low-quality codecs, incorrect settings, and other interference. Below are some solutions that may help resolve the problem of poor sound quality:
- Check audio codecs: It can make a significant difference in sound quality when you choose the right Bluetooth audio codec. In the ‘Settings’ app, open the ‘Bluetooth’ section and make sure the best possible codec has been selected in the ‘Bluetooth’ section.
- Update the firmware: Check for Bluetooth firmware updates using the Settings app. Whenever an update is available, download and install it. Sound quality can be improved, and bugs that may be causing the problem can be resolved by updating the firmware.
- Turn off other Bluetooth devices: Check to see if the sound quality improves if other Bluetooth devices are nearby. It is possible for Bluetooth devices to interfere with each other and cause sound quality issues.
- Move to a different location: You can move to a less interference-prone area if you are in an area with a lot of interference. Sound quality issues may be caused by interference from other devices.
- Check the volume: Use the Bluetooth device and the Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+ to adjust the volume to suit your needs. Too low a volume leads to poor sound quality.
As a result, poor sound quality can be a frustrating issue, but with these solutions, it can be quickly and easily resolved. It is recommended to seek help from a technical expert if the problem persists.
So, that’s all we have for you on Realme 10 Pro or 10 Pro+bluetooth problems and their solution. Thank you for taking the time to read this guide. We hope you found it helpful. Please comment below if you have any doubts and let us know.