Updated on January 28, 2021: Realme rolled the January 2021 security patch for the Realme 3 and 3i in India with software version RMX1821EX_11_C.19. The update is still based on Android 10.
Updated on November 22, 2020: Today Realme rolled a new update for the Realme 3 and 3i in India with November 2020 security patch. This update also improves the performance and adds new features to the settings. There is no information on when this device will get the Android 11 based on Realme UI 2.0.
Oppo’s sub-brand Realme has launched its two entry-level handsets called Realme 3 and 3i in 2019. Both the devices offer almost the same specifications such as an HD+ display, MediaTek Helio SoC, dual rear cameras, 3GB/4GB RAM, a decent battery capacity, and a lot more. Both the devices came with Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6 out-of-the-box. In April this year, Realme has released the official stable Android 10 update over the Realme UI 1.0 for both these models. Now, users are eagerly waiting for the Realme 3 and 3i Android 11 update that we will gonna discuss below in a brief.
Talking about the Realme UI, the company is currently pushing the Android 10 based Realme UI 1.0 update to its eligible devices according to the update schedule. As the Android 11 Beta is now available for public use, Realme is going to implement the Android 11 early beta testing program based on Realme UI 2.0 for its supported devices one by one. You can check out the Realme Android 11 update status.
All the interested Realme 3 and 3i users are eagerly waiting for the announcement of the Realme UI 2.0 update timeline. But as we mentioned, the Android 10 update schedule hasn’t completed yet. Now, we are only a couple of months away from the release of an official stable Android 11 update by Google. So, if you can’t understand that whether the mentioned device models are eligible or not, check this article.
What’s on Android 11?
The next version of Google’s Android software, Android 11, is going to be released by the end of the year. Given pandemic related concerns, Google eschewed the splash unveiling at a developer event and easily released a public beta on Wednesday, June 10.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in Realme UI 2.0?
Realme UI 2.0 is an upcoming custom skin version (stock ROM) for the Realme devices that will run on Android 11 OS and includes all the native Android 11 features as well. As it’s a successor version of the Realme UI (ColorOS 7), we will gonna receive a much-improved version in all aspects this time. Realme India CMO Francis Wang has confirmed that the Realme UI 2.0 is under development process and the OEM is working hard on it to bring more & more features.
Though Android 10 was released almost nine months ago, there are a couple of OEMs still trying to push the Android 10 Beta and stable update within the mentioned timeframe for its eligible devices. Meantime, the Android 11 Beta has been released recently by Google and available for Pixel 2nd-gen or later models officially. While some other brands like Xiaomi, Realme, Realme, OnePlus are expecting to push the Android 11 based early beta program for its eligible models very soon. Similarly, Realme has announced the beta recruitment program for the Realme X2 Pro recently.
Realme 3 and 3i Specs: Overview
Both the Realme 3 and 3i models came with a 6.2-inches IPS LCD display that has a resolution of 720×1520 pixels. It features a 19:9 aspect ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The Realme 3 is powered by MediaTek Helio P60/P70 SoC, paired with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU, 3GB/4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB internal storage, a dedicated microSD card slot.
It has a dual 13MP (f/1.8) + a 2MP (depth) lens at the rear side with PDAF, HDR, an LED flash, and more. While the front packs a 13MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie camera with HDR mode. In terms of the connectivity options, the handset has a 3.5mm headphone jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio, micro USB 2.0 port, etc.
While the device sports a 4,230mAh battery, a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, an accelerometer, an ambient light sensor, proximity, compass sensor. Now, talking about the Realme 3i, the handset has all the same hardware specifications with a single MediaTek Helio P60 processor.
Will Realme 3 and 3i get Android 11 Update?
Both the devices came with Android Pie and already received the latest Android 10 stable update over the Realme UI 1.0 skin. Now, the Android 11 Beta version is live for Pixel users and other OEMs are also enrolling themselves to provide the Android 11 beta testing program for its eligible devices. Realme is one of them and is working hard to implement Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11.
Realme devices usually receive two major Android updates and both the Realme 3 & 3i devices have already received one major Android update in the form of Realme UI (Android 10). So, there is another major Android update is left in the bank which will gonna arrive pretty soon to the Realme 3 & 3i users. However, it will take some time to officially announced by the Realme with the expected Realme UI 2.0 update roadmap. Till then stay tuned for more info.