In this post, we will give you a dedicated software update tracker for the Realme 3 and Realme 3i smartphones. Both the phones are the budget-segment smartphones from Realme. Note that Realme 3 came out in May 2019 while the Realme 3i was launched in July 2019. Moreover, both the devices receive updates almost on the same day. So, in this place, we will put up all the updates that have been released for both the units, to date.
In this way, you will be able to keep you Realme 3 or the Realme 3i up to date with the latest update. Besides, all the latest updates will also be populated in this post. We would advise the Realme 3 and Realme 3i owners to keep a check on this post often, to know about the latest updates pushed by the OEM for either of the devices. In fact, we will also include the download links to all the firmware, if available. With that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
Table of Contents
Realme 3 & 3i – Specifications
To give you a brief about the specifications of the Realme 3 and 3i, the former is powered by the Helio P70 processor, while the Realme 3i comes with an Helio P60 SoC. Under the hood, Realme 3 and 3i include 3/4 GB of RAM and offer 64GB of onboard storage. The display on both the units is the same, i.e. 6.2-inches, 720 x 1520 pixels, at an aspect ratio of 19:9 and 271 PPI density. Both the device’s display is protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Talk about the cameras, Realme 3 and Realme 3i comes with a dual-camera setup with 13+2MP configuration. The camera is capable of recording 1080p@30fps. While for selfies, there is a 13MP camera on both the devices, capable of shooting 1080p@30fps. The fingerprint scanner is located on the back of the phone. Both the phones come equipped with a 4230 mAh battery.
As far as the software is concerned, the phone runs on Android 9 Pie out of the box. But both the units now run on Android 10 Realme UI 1.0.
Software Update Tracker
Here we will give you all the details about the latest updates released for both the Realme 3 and 3i. Note that all the latest updates will be added to the bottom of the table. So, make a note of that. Moreover, we will also give you the download links for the firmware as well.
RMX1827EX_11_C.17 (3i India)
How To Check For Software Updates On Realme 3 and 3i?
All OEMs push the software updates officially, via OTA in batches. This means that not all the devices will receive updates at the same time. However, users can manually check for the update by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on System Updates.
- This will start checking for new updates.
- If there is a new update available then, you can tap on the update to download it.
How To Manually Flash Firmware On Your Realme 3 and 3i?
There are a few things that you need to make sure before you head over to manually update your devices with the firmware downloaded from the update tracker above. First of all, make sure that you have taken a backup of the data stored in your device to avoid data loss if things go south. Also, keep the battery of your phone charged to about 50% or more. And download the latest firmware compatible with your device to avoid any issues.
Via Simple Mode
- Download the firmware file from the link provided in the software update tracker section.
- Copy and paste the firmware file in the internal storage.
- Then press the firmware file and hit the Update Now button.
- This will start the installation of the firmware file on your smartphone.
Via Recovery Mode
- You need to download the firmware file from the link provided in the above software update tracker.
- Place the firmware package file in the internal storage.
- Turn your Realme device off.
- Now, press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Once in the Recovery Mode, select the language.
- Under ColorOS recovery, select Install from Storage Device option.
- Now, locate the update file either on your internal storage and select it.
- Tap on the firmware to start the installation of the new update.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Note that all the latest updates and information will be put up at the bottom of the table. We would advise you to keep a check of this post regularly in order to keep your Realme 3 and Realme 3i.
In the meantime, if you liked this content and want to read more content, for more such awesome coverage, you can head over to our check out our Windows Guides, Gaming Guides, Social Media Guides, iPhone, and Android Guides to read more. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for awesome videos related to Android, iOS, and Gaming. So, until the next post…Cheers!