Realme 5i is another entry-level budget category smartphone that was launched in January 2020 and came with Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box. Later in March, Realme UI 1.0 update over Android 10 version has been released for the Realme 5i units. Now, after the launch of Android 11 public beta (first batch), all the interested Realme 5i users want to know about the Realme 5i Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) Update and here we’ve shared all the possible details that we know so far.
It’s been almost nine and a half months since the Android 10 version released officially by Google. Still, some of the smartphone OEMs are trying to roll-out the latest Android 10 stable update to its eligible devices along with the beta program. So, it’s quite interesting whether the mentioned device model will gonna receive the upcoming Realme UI 2.0 update or not.
If you’re also one of them and eagerly waiting for the announcement or update release date, then this article is for you. Now, without further ado, let’s jump into the details below. Here you will get all the possible answers that you should know as a Realme 5i user.
What’s on Android 11?
The next version of Google’s Android software, Android 11, is going to be released by the end of the year. Given pandemic related concerns, Google eschewed the splash unveiling at a developer event and easily released a public beta on Wednesday, June 10.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in Realme UI 2.0?
Realme UI 2.0 is an upcoming custom skin version (stock ROM) for the Realme devices that will run on Android 11 OS and includes all the native Android 11 features as well. As it’s a successor version of the Realme UI (ColorOS 7), we will gonna receive a much-improved version in all aspects this time. Realme India CMO Francis Wang has confirmed that the Realme UI 2.0 is under development process and the OEM is working hard on it to bring more & more features.
Though Android 10 was released almost nine months ago, there are a couple of OEMs still trying to push the Android 10 Beta and stable update within the mentioned timeframe for its eligible devices. Meantime, the Android 11 Beta has been released recently by Google and available for Pixel 2nd-gen or later models officially. While some other brands like Xiaomi, Realme, Realme, OnePlus are expecting to push the Android 11 based early beta program for its eligible models very soon. Similarly, Realme has announced the beta recruitment program for the Realme X2 Pro recently.
Realme 5i: Overview
The handset has a 6.52-inches IPS LCD display that features 720×1600 pixels resolution quality, a 20:9 aspect ratio screen, Snapdragon 665 SoC, coupled with Adreno 610 GPU, 3GB/4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB of internal storage, and a dedicated microSD card slot.
The device sports a quad rear camera setup of a 12MP (wide, f/1.8) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.3) + a 2MP (macro, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, etc. While the front packs a single 8MP (f/2.0) selfie shooter with HDR, Panorama mode.
It has a 5,000mAh battery without fast charging. The device packs a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, FM Radio, micro USB 2.0, etc. While it features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an ambient light, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor.
Will Realme 5i Receive the Android 11 Update?
As of now, Realme has only promised to push the Android 11 beta update to the Realme X50 Pro model only. There are no other Realme devices mentioned yet by the OEM officially. As the Realme CMO has mentioned that all the Realme devices are eligible to receive two major Android updates, we can expect that the Realme 5i will gonna receive the Android 11 update over Realme UI 2.0 by the end of this year or early 2021 most probably.
It’s also worth mentioning that the Realme 5i has already received one major Android update e,g; Android 10 over Realme UI 1.0 in March. As the Realme UI 1.0 update is still rolling out to its eligible devices, there is no official Realme UI 2.0 update timeline available yet. All the Realme 5i users should have to wait for a couple of weeks or months. Till then stay tuned for more info and keep checking this article by bookmarking it to get notified with all the latest news, leaks, reports, announcements, etc.