Soon after the launch of Android 11 by Google, other OEMs starting working on their versions of the custom UI based on Android 11. As far as Realme is concerned, it has the Realme UI 2.0 which is based on Android 11. There are a ton of new features as you would expect from Realme. Talking about some key features, you will be getting new color schemes, Always on Display, improved Dark Mode enhanced privacy and security, and much more. The CMO of Realme has already shared a list of Realme UI 2.0 Android 11 supported devices, and that includes the Realme Narzo 20.
However, as always, the update will first arrive in the form of public beta before it is sent out as a stable version. The OEM has already announced an early access Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 beta roadmap. In this post, we will give you a dedicated Android 11 update tracker for the Realme Narzo 20 device. So, if you own a Narzo 20 and want to know all the latest developments about the Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 update, then you should check back this post often in order to keep yourself updated. With that said, let us get straight into the article itself:
Table of Contents
Realme Narzo 20 – Device Overview
Realme launched the Realme Narzo 20 back in September 2020. It is powered by the MediaTek Helio G85 processor which is coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs a 6.5-inch 720p display with 720 x 1600 pixels, at a 20:9 ratio and 270 ppi density. Realme Narzo 20 comes with Android 10 Realme UI 1.0 out of the box. And as per the early access Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 beta roadmap, Realme Narzo would pick up the Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 early access beta update at the end of November.
Under the hood, the phone is juiced by a 6,000 mAh battery which supports 18W fast charging. The fingerprint is placed at the rear of the device. Talking about the camera, it packs a triple camera setup with a 48MP primary wide lens, 8MP ultrawide lens, and a 2MP macro lens. It is capable of recording 1080p@30/60fps. For selfies, the phone comes with an 8MP camera which is housed in a tear-drop notch style in the display. The phone offers 64/128GB of onboard storage.
Realme UI 2.0 Android 11 – Features
As per the Realme India CEO, Madhav Seth, Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 will be the most customizable UI ever. Meaning that there will be a lot of customization options, be it for homescreen, theme, or navigation bar. Realme UI 2.0 will bring more controls for the users. Here is a brief of all the features that will come with Android 11 Realme UI 2.0:
- Color Schemes: Realme UI 2.0 will pack 5 different color palettes that will range from warm to cool. Moreover, users will be able to pick between 10 single colors for accent as well. Users will be able to change the colors for the main interface, notification bar, shortcut button, and 24 other interfaces.
- Always On Display: Realme UI 2.0 will bring more customization options for the Always On Display. Although there are several customization options available already with AOD, Realme UI 2.0 will add more options. Realme UI 2.0 will now offer 5 themes to choose from and as said in the official blog, it is going to be the first customization engine in the market which allows you to create unique AOD patterns with just a touch of your finger. Users will be able to customize Digital Clock, Analog Clock, Text and Image, Text only, and other custom patterns.
- Improved Dark Mode: Dark Mode in Realme UI 2.0 will offer 3 new styles. This is something which is very impressive from Realme’s side to consider. As for now, all other OEMs offer dark mode in just one theme, i.e. grey. The dark mode is not completely dark in many OEM’s custom UI. But Realme UI 2.0 will address this issue and will bring new styles for Dark Mode as well. Users can choose from Enhanced, Medium, and Gentle. Besides, the new improved dark mode will be able to automatically adjust the contrast according to the ambient light.
- Icon and Font Customisations: As already mentioned, Realme UI 2.0 will be the most customizable UI ever, you will be able to customize the icons and fonts as well. It supports third-party icon/ font package support. Note that this was one of the most requested features from the users and Realme will deliver it with Realme UI 2.0.
- Support for Third-Party Launcher: Not only the third party icons and fonts support, Realme UI 2.0 Android 11 update will bring support for third-party launchers as well. You can access
- various third-party launchers to change the user interface of your Realme phone.
- Privacy and Security: To strengthen the privacy and security features Relame has incorporated a new Deep Sea Privacy Plan. This includes an Invisible Door, Private Space, and Security Shield features that would enable the users to safeguard their data and share their data with anyone without the risk of it getting stolen or misused. Let us talk about the features one by one:
– Invisible Door: This feature avoids any personal data leakage. Notably, it prevents the apps to read the actual personal information. In place of your real personal information, the Invisible Door feature would send empty data to the app if it tries to access your information.
– Private Safe: You can safely keep all of your favorite apps ina secret vault, away from the prying eyes of anyone using your phone. You can access all of your hidden apps with a special password.
– Security Shield: Security Shield provides 360-degree all-around protection from payment security to blocking those spam calls and more. It also includes all the Android 11 security features as well.
- Other Features: The Realme UI 2.0 packs tons of new features including a floating window that lets you watch videos simultaneously while chatting with your friends. The new notification bar provides an all-new style of the minimal interface. Output Switcher allows you to quickly change the audio output from one connected device to another. Digital Wellbeing 2.0 has improved functionalities and also there is a Sleep Capsule feature which helps keep a track of your daily health and sleep-cycle.
Realme Narzo 20 Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 Update Tracker.
Update 5 (February 06, 2021)
After rolling the Realme UI 2.0 Open beta for the Realme Narzo 20 last month, the company today rolled the new beta version for the device which is around 340 MB in size. The update comes on build number RMX2191_11_C.04 which patches to January 2021, improves camera issue, and optimizes system stability.
Update 4 (January 28, 2021)
Today Realme rolled the January 2021 security patch for the device with software version RMX2193_11_A.25. The update is still based on Android 10.
Update 3 (January 07, 2021)
Good news for all the Realme Narzo 20 owners, because the OEM has now started the Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 beta program for the device in question. The channel is open from January 7, 2021, and will be open till the vacancies are filled. Users are requested to be running on version A.23 in order to be eligible for the beta program. If you are interested and own a Realme Narzo 20, then you can apply for the Open Beta via the Software Update Application channel, by heading to Settings > Software Update > Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner > Trial Version > Submit your details > Apply Now.
Update 2 (January 02, 2021)
Today Realme rolled the November 2020 security patch for the device with build number RMX2191_11_A.23. The update is still based on Android 10.
Update 1 (September 23)
OEM has released a detailed roadmap for the Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 early access beta program. Realme X50 Pro would be the first device from the Realme brand to receive the Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 early access beta. It will receive the update on September 24, 2020. For Realme Narzo 20, it will begin in November-end.
Update 3 (December 30)
Realme has now opened the Realme UI 2.0 Android 11 early access beta program for the Realme Narzo 20 users in India. Global variants of the Narzo 20 are not eligible to take part in this early access program. Notably, the users are required to be running version A.71 in order to be eligible to receive the update on their phones. The program has opened up today, i.e. December 30. So, if you want to enroll yourself with this Realme UI 2.0 early access program and want to experience the new features of Android 11 on your phone then, you should head here.
Update 2 (November 16)
While we are already halfway through November, curious Realme Narzo 20 users are leaving no stones unturned to ask Realme when their device will pick up the Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 early access beta update. Responding to one such query, the company’s India support team on Twitter stated that the Early Access build will rollout by the end of November for selected users. Here is the official statement:
The Early Access for realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 for realme Narzo 20 will start to roll out at the end of this month for selected users only. Kindly head to our official community.
The Early Access for realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 for realme Narzo 20 will start to roll out at the end of this month for selected users only. Kindly head to our official community following the link below for more information on the same:https://t.co/D5JEdtDYax
— realme India Support (@realmecareIN) November 16, 2020
Update 3 (November 24)
Finally, Realme has started enrolling users for the Realme UI 2.0 (Android 11) Early Access program. The program is now open. This piece of information was provided by the official community post by Realme. Interested users after enrolling themselves can head over here or here, to provide feedback about the Realme Narzo 20 early access program for Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 update. You should follow some guidelines which are as follows:
Must Read Before Apply(Disclaimer):
• Please make sure your phone is not rooted.
• To prevent data loss, please backup your personal data before proceeding.
• Some third-party application versions might not be compatible with Android 11 yet,after updating these applications might not be available or crashing down on your device.Therefore, it is recommended to update all your applications to the latest version available in the Play Store before your update.
• The Early Access versions may have an unpredictable impact on your phone and effect on daily use.
• Please ensure that the available phone storage is more than 5GB. Otherwise there will be a risk of update failure (To check the phone storage head to Settings > Additional Settings > Storage).
• Due to unpredictable factors such as network communication and strategy adjustment, it is not possible to guarantee that every applicant will receive the update. In case the update is not received, we suggest you patiently wait for the official release.
More importantly, in order to be eligible to enroll yourself in this program, you should be running the required UI version→[RMX2193_11_A.17] on your Realme Narzo 20 in order to register yourself. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to enroll yourself in this program.
Early access Application:
- Update your device to the required UI version→[RMX2193_11_A.17].
- Apply for the Early access via the Software Update Application channel: (Settings > Software Update > Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner > Trial Version > Submit your details > Apply Now).
For more information, you can head over here.
Update 4 (November 25)
Good news for all the Realme Narzo 20 fans as the Realme UI 2.0 Android 11 beta update is now live for the users. The update is arriving with version number C.01 and is rolling out only for the users who have enrolled themselves for the beta program. Here is the complete changelog of the update:
- Personalize the user interface to make it your own Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode, and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- High Efficiency
- Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
- Improved Performance
- Added “Optimized night charging”: An Al algorithm is used to control charging speed at night to extend battery life.
- You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on. ·
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Optimized “Auto brightness”
- You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
- Added filters for “Drawer mode”. You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
- Security and Privacy
- Added System cloner”: You can create a system clone from your main system and use different fingerprints to enter different systems.
- You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings
- Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
- Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- Added the Buffed Match Stats feature which generates game statistics for your matches (only certain games are supported)
- You can change the way to summon Game Assistant
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud
- Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos you just took.
- Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the lens stain detection feature.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
Update 5 (December 28)
A user on Twitter has confirmed that the stable Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 update is now rolling out for the Realme Narzo 20 smartphone. The update comes as RMX2191_11_C.03 software version and weighs over 2.84GB in size.
This post is meant to keep you up to date about all the latest developments regarding the Realme Narzo 20 Android 11 Realme UI 2.0 update. Notably, since the device will receive beta updates before stable updates, you should keep checking this post often. We will keep you updated about all the latest developments regarding the Android 11 update.
In the meantime, if you liked this content and want to read more content, for more such awesome coverage, you can head over to our check out our Windows Guides, Gaming Guides, Social Media Guides, iPhone, and Android Guides to read more. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for awesome videos related to Android, iOS, and Gaming. So, until the next post…Cheers!