Realme V5 5G is the newly launched upper-midrange segment smartphone that comes with a 6.5-inches LCD 90Hz display, Android 10 (Realme UI 1.0), MediaTek Dimensity 720 5G processor, 6GB/8GB RAM, 128GB onboard memory, 48MP quad rear cameras, a 16MP selfie shooter, 30W fast charging supported 5,000mAh battery and more. Though the handset is quite new in the market, some of the users are eager to know about the Realme V5 5G Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) Update so, let’s check out the tracker details here.
Realme CEO Madhav Seth has recently mentioned that they will release the Realme UI 2.0 update roadmap for its eligible devices after the release of the Android 11 official stable version. However, at the time of writing this article, the company hasn’t announced anything yet officially. So, we may have to wait further to get to know which devices will gonna receive the latest version of Realme UI.
Meanwhile, it’s also worth mentioning that some of the Realme X50 Pro device users are currently getting the latest Realme UI 2.0 beta update based on Android 11 via OTA. Whereas the rest of the eligible devices will soon start receiving the same once the roadmap releases. However, if in case, you’re not interested to wait further, you can always flash the Android 11 GSI build manually on your handset in order to start using the Android 11 (R).
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 11?
Android 11 is the 11th-iteration of Android OS and the most latest, the stable operating system for Android devices. Currently, the Android 11 (R) official stable version is only available for the 2nd-gen Pixel devices or higher to easily download and update it. Meanwhile, the beta build is officially available for a couple of non-Pixel Android devices like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, etc brands.
To recall, the Android 11 stable version got live on September 8, 2020, by Google just like every year. It not only improves the overall system stability but also offers other system improvements as well including plenty of visual changes in the UI elements. Let’s take a quick look below at some of the popular and useful features of Android 11 and then we will head over to the Realme V5 5G Android 11 update details below.
Android 11 Features
- Prioritize your conversations in the notifications panel.
- Chat Bubbles can be used just like Facebook Messenger for any text messaging or chat messaging applications easily.
- Improved Voice Controls and access based on the texts or context.
- One-time App Permissions allows users to give access individually for each feature.
- Android 11 can easily auto-reset the granted app permissions on the device if not being used for a long time by the user (revoking access).
- Users can choose the Silent or Alerting system apart from the Conversation Notifications.
- Due to the Project Mainline support, Google now can easily and seamlessly push all the major security patch updates to the Android 11 running devices via the Google Play Store.
- The all-new redesigned Power Menu can be accessed by long-pressing the Power button on the Android 11 OS running device to not only get Restart, Power Off, Emergency options, but also the Google Pay feature, Smart Home devices option, etc.
- You can now also check back all the incoming notification history on your device within the 24 hours timeframe.
- The redesigned Media Player interface and control are more improved and slightly replaced by its situation on the notification panel along with the changing functionality of the connected device as well as volume.
- A much-awaited in-built screen recorder option can be found on the shortcut toggle area of the notification panel.
- Scheduled Dark Mode is another useful feature for most of the dark theme users with the option to set a time to turn on/off the dark theme automatically.
- Now, users can pin their favorite apps manually in the share sheet option which wasn’t available on the previous generation of Android OS.
- With the improved wireless Android Auto feature, now all the Android 11 running smartphones can use the head unit of the car easily and wirelessly. Previously this feature was only applicable to Pixel device users.
- Bluetooth will now work on all the Android 11 running devices even after enabling the Airplane Mode. As we all know that it still isn’t possible on Android 10 or previous generation Android OS running devices.
- Smart Reply and Smart Folders feature are also very useful to most of the Android 11 users which will intelligently suggest some of the recommended ideas to input.
Realme UI 2.0 – Overview and Features
Realme UI 2.0 is the latest stock UI for the Realme devices which is based on Android 11. Realme promised that they will release the update roadmap to its eligible devices once Google releases the Android 11 OS stable version. So, as the Android 11 stable version has been released recently, we will expect that the Realme will come soon with the roadmap announcement.
The Realme UI is based on ColorOS 7 and runs on Android 10 while the Realme UI 2.0 is based on Android 11 and currently, available for some of the Realme X50 Pro units with the Android 11 Preview.
Realme V5 5G Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) Update Tracker
According to the Realme officials, the company mostly provides two major Android OS updates to all of its devices from the date of launching. Therefore, as the Realme V5 5G handset runs on Android 10, it will surely get the stable Android 11 update over Realme UI 2.0 skin.
However, Realme is yet to announce the Realme UI 2.0 update roadmap officially. Therefore, we have to wait for a couple of days or weeks. We will keep updating all the latest info. Till then stay tuned for more details.