Redragon Headset Mic is one of the budget segment popular gaming headsets with a microphone that offers volume controls for mobile devices, PC, consoles, etc. If you’re a pro-level gamer then it’ll quite be frustrating for you to having microphone issues on the headset while gaming. If you’re also one of the victims, you can follow the possible fixes for Redragon Headset Mic Not Working Issue.
There are a couple of headsets available from Redragon in the market such as H510 Zeus, H120, H350, and more. Well, this is one of the most common issues for the gaming headset users to not getting the proper audio listening and communication experience whatsoever. This kind of problem may occur either due to not connecting the audio jack properly or using the wrong port.
Fixes for Redragon Headset Mic Not Working Issue
Additionally, headset wire issues, audio drivers not installed issues, system glitch issues, etc can be another possible reason out there. Luckily, we’ve mentioned a couple of workarounds that should resolve the problem completely and you’ll be able to start using your headset with a microphone like before.
1. Reconnect Audio Jack
Sometimes it may possible that reconnecting the audio jack into the correct port can fix the issue completely. Either users forget to use the correct port or they don’t insert the jack properly. This is one of the most common and notable mistakes that we have seen from PC users. So, before jumping to any conclusion, try reconnecting the audio jack properly.
2. Restart Your PC
If the audio jack is already connected properly and still the problem is there, make sure to close every program that’s running in the front-end and restart your computer to refresh system glitches or any kind of temporary cache data whatsoever.
3. Set Microphone as the Default Device
If your headset’s microphone is connected to Windows, sometimes it can automatically detect the microphone and set it as the default input device. But if you’ve connected multiple input devices or recording devices then the chances are high that your Windows system has selected another device as the default one.
So, you should always check for that and manually select the audio device which is connected and you want to use. In that scenario, if you want to select your Redragon microphone as your default input device, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar.
- Select Open Sound settings > Scroll down to the Input option.
- Here choose the Input Device from the list of connected devices.
- Click on Sound Control Panel > Once the Sound window opens, click on the Recording tab.
- Next, click on your microphone > Select Set Default for the device and then OK to apply changes.
This method should help you to fix the issue. However, if this doesn’t help you, follow the next method.
4. Turn On App Permissions for Microphone
Whenever your headset is plugged into the Windows PC, the system automatically detects it, and you’ll be able to give necessary app permissions to the system which may use it. But if the system may get failed to do so, you should follow the steps below to turn on the app permissions for the microphone manually.
- Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Privacy > Click on Microphone from the left pane.
- Make sure to click on the Change button > Ensure that the Microphone access for this device is turned on option is turned on.
- From the Allow apps to access your microphone section, turn it on.
- Once you’ve allowed the microphone access to your apps on Windows, you can now easily change the settings for each app according to your preference.
- Go to the Choose which Microsoft apps can access your microphone and turn on apps that you want to use with it. Allow desktop apps to access your microphone should be turned on.
- Once all done, save changes, and try checking for the Redragon Headset Mic Not Working issue again.
5. Update Audio Driver
Windows device drivers are one of the most important parts for the system and its peripherals to work properly every time. If in case, your device driver isn’t updated for a while then it may create several issues with the performance. Similarly, the audio driver is an essential part of the system that allows your Windows to get work with the sound card and connected audio device.
If the audio device or audio card isn’t connected to each other using the driver, then it may conflict while using. So, a misconfigured or an outdated audio driver may occur issues. To update the audio driver:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Start Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list.
- Double-click on the Audio inputs and outputs to expand it.
- Right-click on the audio device > Select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers and it’ll search for the available driver update.
- If available, the system will automatically download and install the update.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to apply changes.
- Do the same steps for the Sound, video, and game controllers section.
6. Run Audio Troubleshooter
If none of the methods worked for you, try running the audio troubleshooter on your computer to check what’s actually causing such an issue. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Update & Security > Click on Troubleshoot from the left pane.
- Click on Additional troubleshooter > Click on Playing Audio.
- Now, select Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait for the process to be completed. If there is a potential issue found, Windows troubleshooter will automatically try to fix that issue.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide helpful. For additional queries, let us know in the comment below.
I have a Redragon Themis2 Wired Gaming Headset H220N. I tried all the above steps to get my microphone to work, the thing is if I try to talk or record my voice no one can hear it.