Vizio Inc is a well-known American technology company that designs and sells Smart TVs, sound bars, provides streaming, offers viewer data & advertising, etc. If we talk about the most popular and top-selling product, Vizio TVs are well-priced and does have excellent picture quality overall. Though Vizio TVs don’t have a premium feel or the OS seems laggy, the affordable price bracket is crucial. Sometimes software bugs can also trouble a lot. In that case, users might wonder how to Reset Vizio TV Without A Remote Control.
Well, if you’re already using a Vizio TV and somehow the system software becomes corrupted or buggy to soft reset the TV or even perform a factory reset, you’ll obviously need the remote control. But if you’re again unfortunate enough to lose the Vizio TV remote or the remote control doesn’t work then how do you reset your Vizio TV? But there is nothing to worry about it because here we’ve discussed the possible methods to reset the Vizio TV without using the remote.
How to Reset Vizio TV Without A Remote
Generally, resetting the Vizio TV will come in handy whenever the TV doesn’t work properly or somehow the software bug creates. There are two types of reset on TVs as Soft Reset and Hard Reset. Talking about the soft reset, it simply clears temporary system glitches or cache data and doesn’t affect the settings or installed apps. While the hard reset will format the software to the factory default and all settings will be restored as well as installed apps will be removed.
Here resetting the TV will also fix display issues, system glitches, audio issues, etc. So, if you don’t have a remote control then check this guide to easily reset your Vizio TV. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
Please Note: Do keep in mind that performing a reset on your TV might not work for the first time using the volume down and input buttons. So, you should try the same a couple of times to get it to work. When you receive a message on the TV screen that says “Memory is being cleared”, you’ll be good to go. The display will reset shortly and it’ll head over to the initial TV setup wizard. It’ll take some time. So, have some patience.
1. Soft Reset Vizio TV without a Remote
A soft reset is the most basic and common solution to resolve plenty of issues. Clearing temporary junk or glitch from the software is always useful. To do so:
- First, Power Off your Vizio TV > Switch Off the power outlet.
- Then unplug the power cord from the power outlet of your Vizio TV.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and then press & hold the Power button for at least 30 seconds.
- Next, reconnect the power cord of the TV to the power outlet and then Power On the TV.
2. Factory Reset (Hard Reset) Vizio TV without a Remote
Sometimes the soft reset method doesn’t help and you’ll need to perform a full factory reset on your Vizio TV. You can check the steps below to do it without a remote control which can come in handy. Since you do not have your Vizio TV remote, you can use the physical buttons on your Vizio TV.
Basically, most Vizio TVs do have 4 or 5 physical buttons located on the right side or top or at the backside. Just follow the steps below after locating those buttons.
- Turn On your Vizio TV by pressing the power button on the TV itself.
- Then press and hold the Volume Down+Input buttons together at the same time for a few seconds.
- Next, release the buttons on the TV once the screen displays a dialogue box.
- Once the TV screen shows Reset to default, make sure to press & hold the Input button for around 10 seconds.
- Then the TV screen will say, ‘Memory is being cleared’.
- So, wait for the reset process to complete, and then reboot your TV.
3. Use Your Smartphone to Reset Vizio TV
If in case, even the hard reset method doesn’t work for you then you can try using your smartphone to reset the Vizio TV quite easily. But your smartphone should have an IR sensor integrated into it like the Mi/Redmi devices. These IR blaster-integrated (physically enabled) smartphones can be used as a remote control to use functions for the TV, AC, Set Top Box, and more. All you need is just to install a universal remote control app on your mobile device and then reset your TV with the application.
- Make sure that your Vizio TV and the smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store depending on the mobile device.
- Then search for the Mi remote controller app and Install it.
- Next, launch the application, and pair it with your Vizio TV by following the on-screen prompts.
- You can now navigate and open your TV’s menu using the mobile app.
- Go to the Settings menu > Select System.
- Then select Reset and Admin from the menu.
- Choose the Reset TV to Factory Defaults option.
- Enter the pin (if required) and proceed.
- It might take some time to restore the factory settings on your TV.
- Finally, go through the initial setup process of your TV.
4. Use the SmartCast App to Reset Vizio TV
Last but not least, you can also use the SmartCast application to reset your Vizio TV even if the remote isn’t with you. The Vizio SmartCast TV is supported by the Vizio SmartCast Android or iOS application. You can easily reset your TV using the app by following the steps below.
- Simply Download and Install the SmartCast application on your smartphone.
- Then pair it with your Vizio SmartCast TV by connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Open the SmartCast app > Go to the Settings menu.
- Choose System > Select Reset and Admin.
- Then navigate to the Restore TV to Default Factory Settings.
- Make sure to complete the reset process.
- Wait for it to reset and then proceed with the initial setup process.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.