Risk of Rain 2 is a third-person shooter roguelike video game developed by Hopoo Games and published by Gearbox Publishing. It’s a sequel to Risk of Rain (2013) was launched officially in August 2020. The game is available for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch platforms. After the new update for the Risk of Rain 2 game came out, people complained that their mouse or keyboard are not working.
Developers are aware of the issue and are working on a permanent fix. But you can also fix it by going through the game settings. This guide will tell you how to fix your mouse and keyboard input settings.
Fix: Risk of Rain 2 Mouse or Keyboard Not Working Issue
We know that developers are aware of the issue and are working their way out to fix it, but you can try these by yourself and fix your keyboard and mouse inputs problem.
Method 1: Restart your PC
If you have just updated the Risk of Rain 2 game or any drivers on your PC, the game might show you some problems while taking the keyboard inputs. Restarting your PC will restart every application and the drivers associated with the keyboard and mouse.
- Click on the start menu.
- Select power on the slightly right side of the start menu bar.
- Click Restart.
This may temporarily fix the keyboard input issue you face in the game.
Method 2: Remove other controllers
If you have played with a joystick or gamepad previously and it is still plugged in, then your keyboard inputs won’t work, as game controls will be void for the keyboard.
- Remove any joystick or gamepad connected to your PC.
- Plug in and Plug out your keyboard and mouse from the PC.
- Check and see if it works.
Method 3: Change the Keybinding
You can change the Keymap for your game control if your keyboard has problems with any specific key. This will reassign your keyboard, the key to doing a different game task.
- Open the Keybind tab in the game.
- Press any key and reassign it to a different key.
- You can also assign it o the same key if you are sure your keyboard is fine.
- This should temporarily fix your problem with the Risk of Rain 2 game.
Method 4: Delete temporary files from the PC
Temporary files are files stored by the pc to give you quick access to the sites you have previously visited. But sometimes, it creates problems for certain applications running on your PC. Sometimes it can cause some drivers to malfunction. You can try deleting your temporary files and see if it fixes your problems.
- Click on the start menu.
- Type Run and press enter.
- Type “%temp% in the run command and press enter.
- Select All files from the list that popped up.
- Press delete or Alt+Ctrl+Dlt.
- Select do skip and do it for all if some pop comes out.
All temporary files will be deleted. Now open your game and see if the Keyboard and Mouse have started responding or not.
Method 5: Update your Keyboard and Mouse driver
Downloading the latest version of drivers always solves any conflict because of the previous version of the driver. It is always a good practice to update the latest version of the drivers for your keyboard and mouse. Although it gets automatically updated, you can also opt out of the manual update.
- In the start menu, type “Device Manager” and open it.
- Select keyboards and mice from the list.
- Right-click on the keyboard and click on Search automatically for updated drivers software.
- Similarly, do it with a mouse too.
Your drivers are now up to date. Now restart your PC, start your game, and see if it helps. If nothing has worked for you from the above steps. There must be some issue with the Risk of Rain 2 game or your hardware. Try replacing your Keyboard and Mouse and see if it works or not. If you are still facing the same problem, try contacting game support.
Keyboards and mouse are essential parts of the PC, and when you are playing the Risk of Rain 2 game using the keyboard and mouse, they are like your hands. Try following the above steps to solve your keyboard and mouse input issue.