Here in this guide, we will help you to flash the magisk to root Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T830 / T835x: Here X stands for all version). Read our step-by-step guide properly!
Who doesn’t want to get the most of his Android device..?! Getting the superuser access through root and to be able to control various aspects like clock, access to cache etc. are few of the various possibilities that we can explore. When we mention root access, this means we need to perform a certain modification that will root our phone and we will have access to the root directory of our device. In this post, we will show you how to root Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T830 / T835).
We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image and flash that to your boot partition. All you need to do is download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it.
You need to have an unlocked bootloader on your phone before you can root Galaxy Tab S4. We have detailed the method on that below.
Mostly uninitiated people compare rooting with hacking which is not correct. The purpose in both contexts is quite different. Hacking is more like breaking into someone’s else system illegally, whereas rooting is mostly done by the owner of an Android device to gain superuser advantages of the device.
Steps To Root Galaxy Tab S4 Using Magisk
First of all, we need to unlock the device bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. Then you can continue with the next steps. After this, we need to download and flash the patched ramdisk file which we mentioned above.
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting will block the OTA updates
Download Stock ROM and Extract the Boot Image
Here is the link for the same.
Download the patched boot image here. – T830XXU1ARH8_dmverity_patched_boot_permissive.tar
To build your own magisk patched boot image, then follow this guideline on how to Create Patched Stock Boot Image using Magisk
Before moving on to the flashing steps, you need to follow a few,
- Make sure to have enough battery charge on your phone to avoid interruption during the patch installation.
- Before performing any modification take backup of your device data.
- This image file is strictly for Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 only. Do not use it on any other Samsung or other Android devices.
- Download Latest ODIN File
- A PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable.
- Drop the Patched boot image file inside your ADB/Fastboot folder
- Install Samsung USB Drivers.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T830 / T835)
Assuming that you have used our above instruction and unlocked the bootloader, we will continue on flashing the patched boot image.
- First, let’s begin by booting our phone into download mode.
- Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable
- Once you are connected, now open the downloaded ODIN exe
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Load the patched boot tar file in the AP section.
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Now tap on the start button to root your device.
- Once it is done, your device will reboot.
- First boot will take some time.
So, that’s it. Now that you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T830 / T835), you can try this out. If you have any queries regarding this, do let us know.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Specifications:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 sports a 10.5 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1600 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by 4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (10 nm). The device packs 64/256GB internal storage and 4/6GB of RAM. There is 512GB expandable memory support. The camera on this device sports a single camera 13 MP and an 8 MP shooter for selfies. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 runs Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a Li-Po 7300 mAh battery.